Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
WTS: used books on military history, US history, guns, shooting, and hunting. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO US ZIP CODES. I take cash, personal checks made out to me, and money orders. I DON'T take PayPal, applepay or other electronic payments, or credit cards (I've also never owned an automatic transmission....).

Here's how it works: the only way to order (reserve) a book is to put a response "I'll take book(s) #_____" ON THIS AD THREAD--email "orders" won't reserve books. Then I'll mark the book sold (SPF) on the ad, PM you my mailing address and "legal" (first) name, and set the book or books aside to wrap for shipping. I try to send books the next mail day after I get your payment.

I answer all emails and PMs but only consider "responses" as orders.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS THAT YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE! (I get a little break on shipping multiple book orders, so I kick a little back to you).

Hunting, Shooting and Guns

1)SPF The Maneaters of Kumaon" b James Corbett.

2 )SPF "African Game Lands: A Graphic Itinerary" by Prentiss N. Gray.

3) "Ask The Whitetail Guides: by J. Y. Jones, an eye surgeon in his professional life and a Vietnam vet who has written many outdoor articles and "Ask the Elk Guides." Here he asks all the key questions in his interviews of 18 top whitetail hunting guides from all over he US and several from the Coues Deer ranges in Mexico. HB 235 pp. new cond illus w/b/w photos $6

4) SPF "The Hunter's Guide to Accurate Shooting: How to Hit What You're Aiming At in Any Situation" by Wayne Van Zwoll.

5) SPF "The Nature of Game: United Kingdom, Europe, and North America" by Ben Hoskyns and Holland and Holland; "Foreword" by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh."

6) SPFThe 5 most recent issues of "Gray's Sporting Journal".

7) "Choosing Handgun Ammunition: the Facts That Matter Most for Self Defense" by Patrick Sweeney. Sweeney is the author of 5 Gun Digest books on handguns and 5 on the AR-15. This book is about what you must consider when making decisions on what caliber and ammunition type you choose for self defense with a handgun. He discusses what he considers marginal calibers and what you should feed them should you have to rely on them. Examines all the available ctgs. and loads from .22RFs to .500 S&W including the oldies that we still encounter (.32 revolvers, etc.). Gives his criteria for real stopping power and shows tests to prove his conclusions. Softbound 285 pp. new cond. 8 1/2x 11" format illus w/many b/w photos, charts, diagrams, and tables. $9

8) SPF"Gun Digest No. 74 2020 Edition" ed. Jerry Lee.

9) SPF "The Complete Guide to Gunsmithing, Gun Care and Repair" by Charles Edward Chapel.

10) "Weapons: An International Encyclopedia from 5000 BC to 2000 AD" by The Diagram Group. This big book begins with wooden clubs (from Neanderthals to NYPD nightsticks) and ends with "The Thinking Battlefield" which we are now seeing in the Ukraine--intelligent self-guided weapons from anti-tank rockets to pilotless bombers, sea mines, boats and torpedoes. Covers naval, ground, air, space, police,and security weapons of all ages eras and cultures, and has sections illustrating which weapons were associated with many historic conflicts such as WWI, our Civil War, etc. Softbound 336 pp.8 1/2x11" format exc. cond. illustrated with literally hundreds of excellent diagrams,drawings, photographs, and action graphics that illustrate the weapons of man from his beginnings and demonstrate their use. An education between two covers. $12

US Military History topics

11) "Blood and Treasure: Daniel Boone and the Fight for American's First Frontier" by Bob Dury and Tom Clavin. Daniel Boone sticks in our minds as a rough explorer in a coonskin cap. In reality he was a self-taught yet sophisticated politician, strategist, and diplomat, too. This is the history of his struggle to make "the lands beyond the mountains" into the USA, in spite of the French, British, and the natives who often allied themselves with the European powers. By the author of "Valley Forge" and "The Last Stand of Fox Company". PB 392 pp. exc/new cond illus w/maps and b/w repros of contemporary painted portraits and scenes. $6

12) "George Washington's Secret Six: the Spy Ring that Saved the American Revolution" by Brian Kilmeade. Washington's secret intelligence network was SO secret that one of its six members has never been identified to this day, and another was only identified in the 20th century! And the "Culper Ring," as it was called, by Washington's most intimate advisers, evaded Lord North's deadly spycatcher, none other than Richard Rogers, the leader and founder of "Rogers' Rangers" in the French and Indian War, whose principles are still followed by our Army Rangers. PB 368 pp.exc.cond. illus w/b/w repros of contemporary illustrations and maps. $6

13) SPF "The Texas War of Independence, 1835-6" by Alan C. Huffiness.

14 ) SPF "Sherman's March: The First Full-Length Narrative of Gen. William T. Sherman's Devastating March Through Georgia and the Carolinas" by Burke Davis.

15) "Panzer Army Africa" by James Lucas. Complete history of the Afrika Korps from Feb 1941 to May 1943. British officer and historian Lucas was an armor officer in the North African desert in that period. His history uses German sources primarily, but is supplemented by US and British sources and his own experience fighting the Afrika Korps, and with personal interviews of both German and Allied combatants. HB 215 pp. exc. reading cond w/some dust jacket tears illus. w/65 b/w photos and ten battle maps. Photos are from German sources and show many early WWII armored vehicles of both sides (some REALLY busted....). $7

16) "A Higher Call: the Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War Torn Skies of WWII" by Adam Makar and Larry Alexander. The crews of two opposing enemy planes, an Me-109 and a B-17, one defending Germany, the other trying to destroy it, come together above Germany. The Fort is crippled, a perfect target for the ace pilot of the Me. What happens next breaks all the rules.... HB 405 pp. new cond illus w/many b/w photos, maps,and document reproductions. $7

17) SPF "PT-105" by Dick Kersey.

18) "PT Boats" by Brian Cooper. Vol. 13 of Ballantine Press' "Illustrated Weapons of World War II" series. Gives a brief history of the torpedo and torpedo carrying vessels, and then their history in WWI. Then it covers the major fronts and battles of WWII where PTs, MTBs, S-boats, MAS boats, and similar vessels fought. Softbound 161 pp.exc. reading cond illus w/many b/w photos of PTs of all nations, battle maps of major PT engagements, and line drawings of major PT types showing their layouts, including rare drawing of a Japanese MTB. $5

19) "In Harm's Way: the Sinking of the USS Indianapolis and The Extraordinary Story of It's Survivors" by Doug Stanton. A naval tragedy: the sinking of a US heavy cruiser by a Japanese submarine in the final days of the war. The "Indianapolis" had delivered the A-Bombs to the B-29 base on Tinian from which they were finally "delivered." A series of Navy communication failures left the nearly 900 survivors adrift in the South Pacific for days. Only 317 survived the sun, the sea, and the sharks. The Navy kept this mess secret for years. PB 363 pp. new cond illus w/b/w photos, roster of crew and survivors, bibliography $6

20) "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption" by Laura Hillebrand. Best-selling narrative of the war experiences of Louis Zamperini;, a tough Italian-American kid who worked his way to the 1936 Olympic in Germany as a miler. After college when the war came, Zamperini became an Army Air Force officer, the bombardier on a B-24 in the Pacific. In May 1943, having survived Japanese bombing of his airbase, his B-24, "Green Hornet," crashed on a search mission. Zamperini and the crew survived the crash and then survived being strafed and bombed by a Japanese plane while on their life raft. After 46 days on the raft, they landed on a Japanese-occupied island, where Zamperini's ordeal began. As a bombardier with classified information and as a known Olympian, he got the "VIP treatment" from his sadistic captors. It lasted the rest of the war. HB 480 pp.exc. cond except for gift inscription, illus w/b/w photos. $6

Thanks for reading my loooonng posting! DON'T FORGET TO TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS THAT YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Last edited by Mesa; 02/11/23.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I will take the books #1 & #2. PM to follow. Thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will take #1 The maneaters of....

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I’ll take 5,6, and 9. Thank you

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I will take 11, 13, and 14
Pm to follow
Coach

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
#17 please Mike

Last edited by fgold767; 02/10/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will take #8, 2020 Gun Digest

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books#s 1 and 2 sPF to GA Goober, #s 5, 6, and 9 SPF to Johsclist, #s 11. 13.and 14 to Old Coach, # 17 SPF tp fgold767, #8 to 338guy. Thanks to all of you for buying my books--PMs on the way to you soon if I haven't already answered yours!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'll take book #4 The Hunter's Guide to Accurate Shooting

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Book #4 SPF to AdventureBound--Thanks for buying my book! PM on the way.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B3

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I'll take #15, Panzer Army Africa, please.

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Book #15 SPF to AlleghenyMountain--thanks for buying! PM on the way.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT--OLB*

*One Last Bump

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,556
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.