Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Still in business or do they just keep their websites up for entertainment purposes?
Anyone seen a Ruger in the last couple years besides a Ruger American? Seen one or two Hawkeyes in all the time I think. They were the stainless with black stock.

Winchester- I see a model 70 here and there but rarely. Think I saw more model 70s last year at Whitakers than then rest of the shops I’ve been in lately combined.

Rl16, 22, 23, 26 haha yea right. I actually did see some 16 in stock somewhere the other day online but that didn’t last long. Guess I should have ordered it on the spot. I’ve been wanting to try it in 6.5 Creedmoor. I do have 5 lbs of H4350 in the mail along with pound of Varget and pound of IMR 4895. H4350 will work in all but one rifle that I own same with IMR 4350 although it’s not as temp stable. No farther than I shoot probably doesn’t matter anyway.

Nosler- I see some Nosler bullets but mostly seems random. Does Hornady really have that much more production capability than Nosler? You go to a store and shelf is full of Hornady bullets, they will have 3 boxes of Sierra, 2 boxes of Speer and 10 boxes of Nosler bullets that just seem random.

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 02/15/23.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've seen lots of new M70 FWTs and XPRs online. Cabela's has them, too. The FWTs tend to come in waves, sell out, etc.

Nosler has an online store with tons of stuff...

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Been seeing a few Rugers in LGS here, no Winchesters, though.

Alliant powders have been in stock online here and there, they just sell fast. I know I've seen most of the Reloader line in stock over the past month between Natchez and PV.

Nosler seems to be focusing more on ammo than bullets of late. See thier ammo on just arrived lists way more often than bullets.

Best bet for buying Speer lately is direct from Speer online. Prices are higher than retail, but they usually have a fair selection for sale.

Last edited by zcm82; 02/15/23. Reason: addition
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by zcm82
Been seeing a few Rugers in LGS here, no Winchesters, though.

Alliant powders have been in stock online here and there, they just sell fast. I know I've seen most of the Reloader line in stock over the past month between Natchez and PV.

Nosler seems to be focusing more on ammo than bullets of late. See thier ammo on just arrived lists way more often than bullets.

Best bet for buying Speer lately is direct from Speer online. Prices are higher than retail, but they usually have a fair selection for sale.

Nosler sure is proud of their ammo and bullets unless you catch it at SPS and even SPS is getting pricey. Of course all of it is getting pricey. I was looking at 30-06 ballistic tip ammo at midway and if it was in stock was showing a higher price now than Federal Terminal Ascent, ballistic tip not accubond.
Right now midsouth has .264 140 BT’s cheaper than SPS. That’s crazy.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Nosler has gotten real proud of everything. I don't really use any of thier stuff anymore. Barnes or even Hammers are cheaper than premium Nosler offerings now 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by zcm82; 02/15/23.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All of the manufacturers are getting prouder... but for 98% of gun owners there's no other ammo choice.

Remember when Tikka was supposed to be a $500 budget rifle?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
All of the manufacturers are getting prouder... but for 98% of gun owners there's no other ammo choice.

Remember when Tikka was supposed to be a $500 budget rifle?
My wife bought be a Tikka T3X for Christmas 2021 at Sportsman’s Warehouse for $749. As of this week, the same rifle is $919 there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everything is higher than it used to be! Been to the grocery store lately?

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ridge runner,

If you go on certain websites you can get on notification of when certain items are in stock. I got tired of waiting for LGS here to get a Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel in stock so I signed up on a few websites to be notified when in stock. I got a notification and within 6 hours they were gone. A couple weeks later another notification, so I jumped on it. I just wish I could have primers and powder sent to my house here and I would be fine.
I did stop in at a LGS last week to ask about primers and Alliant powders. Was told they’d be getting a shipment real soon, but no RL26, but 19,22 and a few more were confirmed to be coming in.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ruger is cranking out junk guns just as fast as they possibly can.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

+1

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Based on some recent hunting results I've been building up my supply of Norma Oryx and BondStrike bullets in several calibers as replacements for NPT & NABs.

When the current dwindling pile of NPTs and NABs are gone, I'm done with 'em.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The real kick in the teeth will come when states try to outlaw lead ammo for big game hunting. Demand and prices will go insane. (I'd imagine tons of folks will just keep using lead because wardens can't check everyone, but enough casual hunters will comply to drive prices way up and production of the old stuff will tank.)

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
The real kick in the teeth will come when states try to outlaw lead ammo for big game hunting. Demand and prices will go insane. (I'd imagine tons of folks will just keep using lead because wardens can't check everyone, but enough casual hunters will comply to drive prices way up and production of the old stuff will tank.)

I foresee that one coming myself and decided to get ahead of the curve to save myself a butt pounding later. For about the past 5 years or so, anytime I get a new rifle I concurrently work up both lead and NL loads, then stock myself up with a healthy supply of the NL bullet in case I ever need them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They seem to be following the Kimber business model and putting a lot of effort into pistols at the expense of the nicer rifles.

Then again, if people stopped buying the plastic junk rifles, Ruger would stop making so many of them. We get *exactly* what we pay for... (The "we" being royal in this case.)

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

That ⬆️
Ruger American rifles seem to be accurate but other than that I can’t think of one other thing good about them? I have a Remington 783 so I already have one too many cheaply made rifles. I’m not spending several thousand on a bolt action rifle but I don’t want cheap junk either.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I see a lot of the same. I see an occasional pound of Reloader 25 here and there but no other alliant powder, a handful of nosler bullets here and there mainly in 6.5 when I see them. I haven’t seen any new winchesters here since this time last year when there were a few model 70’s and xpr’s on the rack at the local shop. As far as ruger i cant say I remember ever seeing a new Hawkeye in any shop around here in 10 years. Plenty of ruger Americans and precisions though.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
as a small gun dealer better more expensive new rifles are hard to get in stock , i have noticed for me powder is somewhat easier, bullets are hard to get in stock except Hammer bullets are in stock . even good custom unchambered barrels the length of time to have them made is longer now . this was strange i needed a new FFL license that got mailed to me very fast , was at a gun shop in Surprise , Arizona last week they also got there new license very quickly too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They seem to be following the Kimber business model and putting a lot of effort into pistols at the expense of the nicer rifles.

Then again, if people stopped buying the plastic junk rifles, Ruger would stop making so many of them. We get *exactly* what we pay for... (The "we" being royal in this case.)

I ordered and put a deposit on a Ruger pistol 2 years ago, it was discontinued a couple weeks ago at SHOTSHOW, The owner of the LGS said as far as he could tell from his distributers that none had been manufactured since I placed my order.
I picked another pistol from his display case to use my deposit on, a CZ TS Orange.....it was discontinued the next day at SHOTSHOW, at least CZ replaced it with a new model

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Swift bullets never has been a major player, but they have had almost no bullets in stock for 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,809
Posts18,516,406
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.