Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh, I'm so disappointed! I waited a month for this thing to show up because it was a little cheaper than everyone else. It came from Amazon so I figured it had to be legit, Amazon doesn't sell fugazy, right?
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
After a month of waiting, amazon brings me a package last night. I should've known something was up. They delivered the package at 10:00 PM at night (Didn't want any witnesses whistle) I throw the box on the coffee table and go to bed. This morning I wake up and start the coffee. I remember the box and start to get excited. I've had a 1911 slide milled and a Trijicon plate installed for a few weeks and I'm kind of excited about getting this finished up.
I pour my first cup and grab a knife and open the shipping box. This is what comes out. I've owned a few Trijicon products before and this don't look right to me. eek
Since it doesn't say Trijicon on the top of the box I flip it over to the side. Yep, it say's Trijicon but oddly, THE LABEL IS PEELING OFF laugh! I'm so glad they let me know this is a "NEWITEM."
Next were the directions. To their credit, they aren't Chinglish but they aren't Trijicon either.

The most damning piece of evidence comes next and I'm sorry but I don't have a picture, you'll just have to trust me. This "Trijicon RMR" sight doesn't fit a Trijicon RMR base plate!!!!! laugh crazy laugh The pin holes are too small for the base plate pins! We aren't talking about just a little bit. You couldn't fit them with a hammer! I paid $475 for this piece of airsoft trash. Thankfully I talked to Amazon and they've agreed to a complete refund. I'm really shocked. Maybe I'm just naive but I've never gotten anything counterfeit on Amazon before. All's well that ends well and I'll be made whole again but.....BUYER BEWARE!

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
News flash for you. About 30% of Amazon's business is "Fulfillment by Amazon", where small businesses use Amazon for warehousing their products, and shipping same. All Amazon does is keep it at their warehouses and shipping the item, but they don't OWN the items or have any control over what those items ARE.

You can fuss and cry about it, but it might not have anything whatsoever to do with Amazon, other than what I mentioned above. Blaming Amazon for that would be stupid, to them, it's just another box in a whole warehouse full of boxes, they cannot and do not have any control over that.

In fact, Amazon's warehouse workers hate that FBA stuff, they don't have any control over it, and those other businesses have little regard for the crap the Amazon folks have to go thru to get that crap out the door.

I know, I worked in an Amazon warehouse the last few years, in Inventory Control. That FBA crap is nothing but headaches for them.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, that sucks!

Was Amazon the seller, or just holding the sight for someone else? I have a Holosun coming Monday that Amazon is handling, but the actual source is someone else.

It’s common to see reviews that complain about counterfeit and used goods people get. I try and buy stuff sourced by Amazon when possible, but that’s not foolproof either.

Sorry for your trouble, and got my fingers crossed for mine!

What fresh Hell is this?
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
News flash for you. About 30% of Amazon's business is "Fulfillment by Amazon", where small businesses use Amazon for warehousing their products, and shipping same. All Amazon does is keep it at their warehouses and shipping the item, but they don't OWN the items or have any control over what those items ARE.

You can fuss and cry about it, but it might not have anything whatsoever to do with Amazon, other than what I mentioned above. Blaming Amazon for that would be stupid, to them, it's just another box in a whole warehouse full of boxes, they cannot and do not have any control over that.

In fact, Amazon's warehouse workers hate that FBA stuff, they don't have any control over it, and those other businesses have little regard for the crap the Amazon folks have to go thru to get that crap out the door.

I know, I worked in an Amazon warehouse the last few years, in Inventory Control. That FBA crap is nothing but headaches for them.

Funny thing. I don't remember bad mouthing Amazon or their employees in my first post. I'm sure I didn't "fuss or cry." That said, the product did come from AMAZON so YES, AMAZON DOES BARE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELLING COUNTERFEIT ITEMS. To their credit, they seem to understand this obviously better than you and the return was easy and painless. FYI, I haven't shed a tear over it, just passing along what happened so others will know.

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Well, that sucks!

Was Amazon the seller, or just holding the sight for someone else? I have a Holosun coming Monday that Amazon is handling, but the actual source is someone else.

It’s common to see reviews that complain about counterfeit and used goods people get. I try and buy stuff sourced by Amazon when possible, but that’s not foolproof either.

Sorry for your trouble, and got my fingers crossed for mine!

I'm not really sure who it came from other than Amazon. It was an Amazon "Prime" item from the "Trijicon Store." To their credit the return was easy and painless. I just need to drop it off at the UPS Store when I get out later today.

I bought my last Holosun 507K from them and it was legit and trouble free like most of my Amazon purchases.

Last edited by TC1; 02/17/23. Reason: added a little more.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I very seldom buy anything through Amazon or EBay. Too many issues with sellers. Buy direct or from reputable distributor. A few dollars here and there extra on items is well worth it. One counterfeit item that you pay hundreds for kills any savings on smaller items. IMHO

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hikerbum
I very seldom buy anything through Amazon or EBay. Too many issues with sellers. Buy direct or from reputable distributor. A few dollars here and there extra on items is well worth it. One counterfeit item that you pay hundreds for kills any savings on smaller items. IMHO

I'll be following your advice for the replacement.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TC1, if you can hold off until spring, I’ll sell you my Genuine RMR Type 2 for $300. I had it on my 1911, but went back to the iron sights. It is sitting on my gun safe in it’s original box with a Novak dovetail mounting plate.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What size dot? I won't hold off but contact me. I might need another by then.

Terry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought a wireless microphone system, with 2 mics off amazon. Supposed to be brand name stuff. They worked fine individually but would not work together as they were supposed to. Trying to return, found out it was a Chinese shipper who had suddenly disappeared. Amazon immediately refunded my money and told me to keep the stuff they sent. Not sure how they could have handled it any better than that.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You got a free cheap red dot out of the deal. Kind of hard to complain about that.

Amazon protects their customers pretty well even if it's not their fault. But just like everything else buyer beware.

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by justin10mm
You got a free cheap red dot out of the deal. Kind of hard to complain about that.

Amazon protects their customers pretty well even if it's not their fault. But just like everything else buyer beware.
First of all, I'm not complaining. Second, who got a free red dot? It's on it's way back right now and I'm waiting on a refund.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Funny thing. I don't remember bad mouthing Amazon or their employees in my first post. I'm sure I didn't "fuss or cry." That said, the product did come from AMAZON so YES, AMAZON DOES BARE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELLING COUNTERFEIT ITEMS. To their credit, they seem to understand this obviously better than you and the return was easy and painless. FYI, I haven't shed a tear over it, just passing along what happened so others will know.

No you didn’t. I guess you hit a nerve with a former Amazon employee but his response made it sound like he didn’t even read your post.

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Maybe so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only shop Amazon when I WANT a counterfeit. Sometimes they send me the real deal and I’m pissed…

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
I only shop Amazon when I WANT a counterfeit. Sometimes they send me the real deal and I’m pissed…

HA! laugh I'm learning. crazy

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When I am spending Trijicon/Aimpoint money it's either Brownells or Midway. It costs more but counterfeit won't be an issue. Neither will a return if needed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard of Amazon and ebay selling fake leupold scopes, and other nonsense. I've bought a few vintage gun parts off ebay, otherwise I'd stick with above advice.

Romans 5:1
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I wonder what they didn't like about my review? It came with pictures (evidence) and everything.

For those that think Amazon is looking out for them, you may want to reconsider!

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW. Just not a bad onecrazy whistle crazy laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe the bot didn't like you saying "screws"

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.