Hop To
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tater74
I grew up hunting the mountains of Idaho. I now live in Texas.
They each have different ways of managing the deer population. What works in Idaho doesn't work in Texas.
It probably wouldn't work in New York either.

I just wish that I was an insecure, attention starved internet bully so people would pay attention to me.

Has Blackheart posted on the "Sockpuppet picture thread?
No, that’s why we’re giving him schidt.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Geedub, you'll have better luck pole vaulting 20ft in the next Olympic games than getting that do nothing loser down there to actually hunt something. I'm betting your $3000 is pretty safe from that dolt.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You make it sound so tempting but no thanks. I don't care much for excessive heat and thorns. You probably wouldn't care much for our sub feezing temps, ice and snow either. Probably makes it just about as easy to break a hip or twist an ankle and you can't lay on the ground for long or you'll feeze to death. There's no cell service in many of the places I hunt either and it can be miles to a road.

Not a problem,

Having hunted Ouray Colorado,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(Full Disclosure: My bud's bull)

and Jardine Montana for Elk/Mule Deer,

and rode scooters in Colorado, Utah, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, & Vermont

I have invested in good gear, know how and when to layer!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya

GDub– interesting shot of Larry Root trespassing. laugh

I think that country would be BALLER to pussyfoot along and rattle - the snakes though. sick eek

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GW, Your moneys safe, Blackheart couldn't find his ASS with both hands down here, and if he thinks he can spot and stalk, you would have to put a GPS dog collier on him to rescue him after about 30 miniutes. Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7
GW, Your moneys safe, Blackheart couldn't find his ASS with both hands down here, and if he thinks he can spot and stalk, you would have to put a GPS dog collier on him to rescue him after about 30 miniutes. Rio7

LOL. Maybe that’s what happened to Flave.
Did you invite him down for a hog hunt ?
😜 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SKane

GDub– interesting shot of Larry Root trespassing. laugh

I think that country would be BALLER to pussyfoot along and rattle - the snakes though. sick eek

Actually,

I had some pix on game cam of coyotes and hoglets running this game trail.

I had set up a couple snares and was in the process of checking to see if I'd got lucky!

BTW,

Snares work!

Ask me how I know!

ya!

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever trips your trigger. If you're willing and able to pay, go for it.
No skin off my back.

Go lot'sa other things I can think of to spend $10,000 on besides a horny deer. 😉

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 02/16/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Texans sure get pussy hurt when you question the motives, ethics and legitimacy of hunting within a high fence. LMAO

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Texans sure get pussy hurt when you question the motives, ethics and legitimacy of hunting within a high fence. LMAO

TFF,

Difference Between Ignorance and Stupidity

July 3, 2012 Posted by Admin

Ignorance vs Stupidity

All of us think what ignorance and stupidity mean. Ignorance is a state of simply not knowing about something, and there is no negative connotation attached with the word. Stupidity is the inability to understand or profit from experience. The real problem lies in dealing with these behaviors as there are similarities like lack of knowledge, but it often becomes difficult to differentiate between the two behaviors. How do you find out if one is ignorant or plain stupid? Let us take a closer look.

Ignorance

Ignorance is the antonym of knowledge, and if knowledge is light, ignorance is considered to be darkness. Ignorance is a state that can be transformed into a state of being knowledgeable. This is why if someone acts in ignorance, he is forgivable. You know that he has not acted willfully but because he lacked knowledge. If you see a toddler trying to place a fork inside an electric switch, you do not slap him hard because you know that the child is plain ignorant and has no knowledge of the risk he is taking or that he is placing himself in danger. It is only when kids are made aware of the misuse of the dangers of electricity, gas, fire, and water that they become knowledgeable and are no longer ignorant. If a child puts his hand inside the mouth of a dog or picks up a snake, he is doing so because of ignorance. It is only with experience or they being told about the dangers or pitfalls of such behavior that kids learn to avoid these behaviors.

There are inherent dangers of ignorance at the workplace where employees have to work with heavy machines or hazardous chemicals and gases. This is why only trained and knowledgeable workers are permitted to work where ignorance can lead to accidents. Mistakes are wonderful in the sense that they teach us a lot. However, ignorance can land us in trouble, in real life situations, and it is better to gain knowledge and experience to avoid being labeled a fool or stupid.

Stupidity

If someone is incapable of understanding, he is said to be stupid. Stupidity is a state of being extremely dull and senseless. Stupidity occurs in the presence of knowledge and a person can only be stupid if he is not ignorant. You don’t call a person stupid if you know he is ignorant. If you have knowledge but forget or do not apply it in a particular situation, you are being stupid. Stupidity is reduced in frequency as a person is exposed to a particular situation again and again. Application of gained knowledge makes a person avoid being called stupid.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-ignorance-and-vs-stupidity/

If the Foo, Shiddtz!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/16/23.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

Damn few of us hunt inside a high fence. I damn sure don’t

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hanco

Didn't say you do. I know it's hard but try to stay on topic. That being "opinions on high fence hunting."

TFF,

Difference Between Ignorance and Stupidity

July 3, 2012 Posted by Admin

Ignorance vs Stupidity

All of us think what ignorance and stupidity mean. Ignorance is a state of simply not knowing about something, and there is no negative connotation attached with the word. Stupidity is the inability to understand or profit from experience. The real problem lies in dealing with these behaviors as there are similarities like lack of knowledge, but it often becomes difficult to differentiate between the two behaviors. How do you find out if one is ignorant or plain stupid? Let us take a closer look.

Ignorance

Ignorance is the antonym of knowledge, and if knowledge is light, ignorance is considered to be darkness. Ignorance is a state that can be transformed into a state of being knowledgeable. This is why if someone acts in ignorance, he is forgivable. You know that he has not acted willfully but because he lacked knowledge. If you see a toddler trying to place a fork inside an electric switch, you do not slap him hard because you know that the child is plain ignorant and has no knowledge of the risk he is taking or that he is placing himself in danger. It is only when kids are made aware of the misuse of the dangers of electricity, gas, fire, and water that they become knowledgeable and are no longer ignorant. If a child puts his hand inside the mouth of a dog or picks up a snake, he is doing so because of ignorance. It is only with experience or they being told about the dangers or pitfalls of such behavior that kids learn to avoid these behaviors.

There are inherent dangers of ignorance at the workplace where employees have to work with heavy machines or hazardous chemicals and gases. This is why only trained and knowledgeable workers are permitted to work where ignorance can lead to accidents. Mistakes are wonderful in the sense that they teach us a lot. However, ignorance can land us in trouble, in real life situations, and it is better to gain knowledge and experience to avoid being labeled a fool or stupid.

Stupidity

If someone is incapable of understanding, he is said to be stupid. Stupidity is a state of being extremely dull and senseless. Stupidity occurs in the presence of knowledge and a person can only be stupid if he is not ignorant. You don’t call a person stupid if you know he is ignorant. If you have knowledge but forget or do not apply it in a particular situation, you are being stupid. Stupidity is reduced in frequency as a person is exposed to a particular situation again and again. Application of gained knowledge makes a person avoid being called stupid.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-ignorance-and-vs-stupidity/

If the Foo, Shiddtz!

GWB
Yes, apparently Texans are too stupid to understand that people pay to hunt in these places because it's easier to kill a trophy inside the fence than outside the fence. Stupid people they are.

Last edited by Blackheart; 02/16/23.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GWB, Blackheart has ignorance and stupidity covered, Idiot and Moron. fit in there some where. Rio7

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yes sir. MR Blackheart, it is easier. We ain’t arguing that. It’s easier because there is more big bucks, because you kill out the culls, give the good ones time to grow. If that’s wrong in your mind, don’t know what to say. I guess we are stupid for managing our land and resources.

Me thinks you like to argue some too????

Last edited by hanco; 02/17/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco
Didn't say you do. I know it's hard but try to stay on topic. That being "opinions on high fence hunting."

LOL, says the guy who keeps talking about how difficult it is to hunt in his New York AOR, with no high fences.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yes, apparently Texans are too stupid to understand that people pay to hunt in these places because it's easier to kill a trophy inside the fence than outside the fence. Stupid people they are.

By that logic, I take it you do not shop at stores for food, clothing etc,

or by extenison, doing something of one's own volition is stupid?

IIRC, the OP.....

Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
We have a high fence property that borders our property...... it’s several hundred acres (not sure of the exact size) It has affected our productivity over the last few years But ms made it legal... so we deal with it But damn When you can walk up to the fence and literally pet does and 140-160” class deer through the fence What the hell is the point?????

As explained ad nauseam throughout this thread, there are myriad reasons for high fencing.

Or as Kinky would reply....

Why the hell not"""

ya'

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/17/23.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RIO7
GWB, Blackheart has ignorance and stupidity covered, Idiot and Moron. fit in there some where. Rio7
You can educate ignorance; there’s hope.

Not much can be done for stupid.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DCR48
Does he have to drink Lone Star?
What is Lone Star. Never heard of it.

Bottled horse urine!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by zcm82
Originally Posted by smokepole
Heck, I'd take that offer and not even look for the durn barrel.

I was thinking the same thing... screw that barrel 🤣 You can't find 300 acres without hitting a road or property line around here, let alone 1700

Grew up hunting the Keechi creek bottom in east Texas. It is now the Keechi Creek WMA near Buffalo, Tx.
Get lost in that bottom and you could wander for days!

I now hunt in SW Oklahoma. The whole countryside is laid out on the "township" method. There is a road every mile. With the land being laid out in sections. If you can maintain a straight line, you're never over a half mile from a road! LOL!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lone Star used to have a Brewery in San Antonio, went to a TWP get together there about 25 years ago, nice place, i don't drink beer so don't know about the beer. Rio7

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 300_savage, 31 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 999 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,975
Posts18,499,477
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.