Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
In N Out is the best fast food... nothing else is even close. Chick Filet is okay if you don't like beef, and Culver's is better than the rest of modern fast food, but it's still lukewarm slop. If you haven't had In N Out, please treat yourself one day... no frozen items, and the service is what Chick Filet modeled their customer experience after. I don't like thousand island dressing, so I just ask for ketchup & mustard instead of their sauce. It's like Five Gays, but half the price and they don't hire useless turds like Five Gays does.
You eat out to much to be comprehensive

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Haven't eat at a wide enough group of them to declare any the best but here are some observations I have every time the subject comes up.

1. I'm baffled when anyone lists Taco Bell as a good fast-food place. Not only is it not actual Mexican food but the meat they use (if it really is meat) seems like it's been pureed into a mush then freeze dried into a powder which they reconstitute by adding hot water. Nasty chit. I blame wasted stoners for them still being in business. If you don't eat whatever you get from Taco Bell within 5 minutes, it becomes a soggy mess that looks like it's trying to dissolve. I'd rather kill a rat in the parking lot and roast it over a fire. And I say this as someone that likes real Mexican food.

2. Chick-fil-a is consistently the most overrated fast-food place in America. Not that it's bad. It's just OK at best. The owner of that company is a well-known conservative and widely considered to be anti-gay. For these reasons a lot of conservative people in this country want to support his business. And that is perfectly fine but, in their zeal, to show support it causes them to greatly overrate the quality of the food. Hell, a Popeyes chicken sandwich curb stomps the chit out of one from Chick-fil-a. And it's not even close.

3. Never understand the Wendy's hate like you can see from some in this very thread. I have never had a bad burger from Wendy's. Of the really big nationwide burger chains I'd say their burgers are easily the best I have tried. We don't have one close by where I live but I'd trade any of the fast-food burger joints we do have like McDonalds, Burger King, Sonic, Hardees, or Jacks for a Wendys in a heartbeat.

4. Five Guys. Overrated, expensive for fast food, and their fries are nasty.

5. Never been to an IN and OUT burger but all the praise for them makes me want to check it out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Willto
Haven't eat at a wide enough group of them to declare any the best but here are some observations I have every time the subject comes up.

1. I'm baffled when anyone lists Taco Bell as a good fast-food place. Not only is it not actual Mexican food but the meat they use (if it really is meat) seems like it's been pureed into a mush then freeze dried into a powder which they reconstitute by adding hot water. Nasty chit. I blame wasted stoners for them still being in business. If you don't eat whatever you get from Taco Bell within 5 minutes, it becomes a soggy mess that looks like it's trying to dissolve. I'd rather kill a rat in the parking lot and roast it over a fire. And I say this as someone that likes real Mexican food.

2. Chick-fil-a is consistently the most overrated fast-food place in America. Not that it's bad. It's just OK at best. The owner of that company is a well-known conservative and widely considered to be anti-gay. For these reasons a lot of conservative people in this country want to support his business. And that is perfectly fine but, in their zeal, to show support it causes them to greatly overrate the quality of the food. Hell, a Popeyes chicken sandwich curb stomps the chit out of one from Chick-fil-a. And it's not even close.

3. Never understand the Wendy's hate like you can see from some in this very thread. I have never had a bad burger from Wendy's. Of the really big nationwide burger chains I'd say their burgers are easily the best I have tried. We don't have one close by where I live but I'd trade any of the fast-food burger joints we do have like McDonalds, Burger King, Sonic, Hardees, or Jacks for a Wendys in a heartbeat.

4. Five Guys. Overrated, expensive for fast food, and their fries are nasty.

5. Never been to an IN and OUT burger but all the praise for them makes me want to check it out.

A few observations if I may.

We were down in Mexico a few years back and one of the locals that spent 10 years in LA said that what he missed most about the USA was Taco Bell.

Chick-Fil-A is just ok

Five Guys is crazy spendy

In-N-Out is bomb.

The End.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to love Burger Chef as a kid

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jason's Deli
Schlotzsky's
Chick-fil-a - If you haven't tried their Tortilla Soup, you're missing out!
Chicken Express
Arby's
In & Out Burger

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Freddy's is pretty good. The frozen custard is their best item.

They have shoestring fries...ok, but not a fan.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
chickfla is just bland ass food,we never eat it. wendys if not bad. nothing great out there. its the chit you eat when you have to.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dess
Freddy's is pretty good. The frozen custard is their best item.

They have shoestring fries...ok, but not a fan.
Worst thing about thin ass fries is they are cold as soon as you get them.

Nothing worse than eating cold food when it's supposed to be hot.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Taco Bell

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Local Hardees allows a bit of freelance on baking/cooking...

"Biscuit Girl" makes the biscuits (3-4 AM start daily).

They are amazing...

I tip her well... even give her second hand Pokemon cards for her young son (help keep up his grades... kinda thing).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local Hardees allows a bit of freelance on baking/cooking...

"Biscuit Girl" makes the biscuits (3-4 AM start daily).

They are amazing...

I tip her well... even give her second hand Pokemon cards for her young son (help keep up his grades... kinda thing).
Best breakfast biscuits if any of the fast food places.

Too bad only 1 left in my AO. Maybe 1 in a nearby town but been a bit since I have been over that way

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by srwshooter
chickfla is just bland ass food,we never eat it. wendys if not bad. nothing great out there. its the chit you eat when you have to.

^This^

Desperation fewd.

The lard asses at work love that schit.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket
Wife and I had Chester chicken from a loves gas station tonight does that count?

Wife runs a similar joint.
Was Chester Fried, then Charlie Biggs, now it's Champ's.
Chester and Champs were better, Champs has a bit of spice.

Folks will laugh at gas station food, they meet every standard any other place does.
The health inspector stops in regularly to eat. Something she assures my wife she
doesn't do in some "real" restaurants.

Management determines staff.
The combination drive the quality. Not the location.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
2 am fried tacos from Jack in the Box

Back when I was burning the tires off my truck traveling far and wide on fishing trips, I was a fast foodaholic.
Those cheap fried tacos are unbelievably good!!!
I'd order 10 at a time.

Best fast food joint just depended on my mood and availability.

Probably responsible for me catching the Betes.

Nowadays about all I'll eat is scrambled eggs,and sausage breakfasts or no bun, low carb burgers.

Just thinking of those Jack Tacos makes my mouth water though..🙄

Proud NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by tedthorn
2 am fried tacos from Jack in the Box

Back when I was burning the tires off my truck traveling far and wide on fishing trips, I was a fast foodaholic.
Those cheap fried tacos are unbelievably good!!!
I'd order 10 at a time.

Best fast food joint just depended on my mood and availability.

Probably responsible for me catching the Betes.

Nowadays about all I'll eat is scrambled eggs,and sausage breakfasts or no bun, low carb burgers.

Just thinking of those Jack Tacos makes my mouth water though..🙄

LOL... same here.

And I have never even had one...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Culvers
Like a Pancheros burrito if I spot one.

Taco Johns ... super potato oles will cure what ails you

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In-N- Out followed by Culver's. The most over rated (and expensive) is 5 Guys. Most places are NOWHERE near as good as they once were. Wendy's is a prime example. The last time I had food from there I threw it out. Dave Thomas must be spinning in his grave.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
One thing indisputable is the 5 Guys is way over priced. Tried it years ago traveling west hunting with my son. Never again.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Popeyes for a chicken sammich.

Dog n Suds if ya can find one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chipotle has become my favorite but Chicken fingers from Kentucky fried chicken is right up there for fast food.

About once a month I crave a fast food burger and for those times I usually hit Burger King or Carl's Junior... not necessarily in that order...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 76 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,458
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.