Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
If anyone is considering a seek outside tent or pack, you should know that the owner most likely despises you.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads...rol-advocate-ryan-busse-air-time.299955/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a backpacker so I wouldn't be buying any of their stuff anyway, but wasn't Ryan Busse a knife maker? IIRC, he made very expensive camp and outdoor knives. I knew a guy who had one and I could never see the quality in his knife that would justify what he paid for it.

just wondering.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
wasn't Ryan Busse a knife maker?

You might be thinking of Jerry Busse? I don't think he and Ryan are related.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks like he writes for some of the major Left-wing rags. Definitely a Leftist. Says he grew up on a Montana ranch with guns. How do you go from there to being a Leftist and anti-gun? Jeebus.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe Ryan Busse is the liberal turd that used to work for Kimber.... he is buddies with the BCH crowd also , I believe ?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy
If anyone is considering a seek outside tent or pack, you should know that the owner most likely despises you.

Sad to see, but I have worked with several of the high end outdoor gear manufacturers and most all of their people have leaned left pretty hard. Outside of a few garage gear makers there are only a handful of bigger ones that don't. Origin and Forloh, off the top of my head.

Fortunately most keep their political opinions to themselves.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Here's the story on him becoming Benedict Arnold to gun rights. Clearly, neither he or his wife are deep thinkers.

https://www.thetrace.org/2021/10/ryan-busse-gunfight-memoir-interview-american-gun-culture/

Last edited by Tarquin; 02/20/23.

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God dammit, I live near junction was legitimately about to buy a tipi style tent and they were the first to come to mind.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
wasn't Ryan Busse a knife maker?

You might be thinking of Jerry Busse? I don't think he and Ryan are related.

No, that was the guy from Celebrity Apprentice. Trump fired him. ;-)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not going to look through all of the posts in that thread. Did anybody from SO respond?

Busse's kids are following daddy's lead as they're part of a lawsuit against the State of Montana alleging energy policies of the State are violating their Constitutional right to a clean and healthful environment.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rokslide comments, guys words, "hikers/bikers", < are very often liberal leftist. AGREE....

If anyone thinks this stuff is bad now wait until today's 20 year olds are 35-45 years old. Huge numbers will beg for gun-control, yeah blahblahblah can't be voted on the Constitution says so. << They don't care they'll do whatever they want.

When the Boomers are dead or nearly dead, Gen.X retired and hobbling around, IT'S OVER........

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Did anybody listen to the podcast? I wondered what exactly was said, and by whom. The poster on Rockslide admitted he had not actually listened to it before posting his objection.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sad to see, but I have worked with several of the high end outdoor gear manufacturers and most all of their people have leaned left pretty hard. Outside of a few garage gear makers there are only a handful of bigger ones that don't. Origin and Forloh, off the top of my head.

Fortunately most keep their political opinions to themselves.
I'll throw this out there, FWIW.
[Linked Image from hillpeoplegear.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The owner of seek outside had many anti gun, anti conservative posts on his twitter.

And he just deleted them to cover his views

coward. no more business from me

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

I'm not going to look through all of the posts in that thread. Did anybody from SO respond?

Busse's kids are following daddy's lead as they're part of a lawsuit against the State of Montana alleging energy policies of the State are violating their Constitutional right to a clean and healthful environment.

I just emailed the company and told them I'll never buy their products on account of Busse's Leftism.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
lol. Busse doesn't own SO you dummy

Originally Posted by Tarquin

I just emailed the company and told them I'll never buy their products on account of Busse's Leftism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The owner did here.

He noted that he thinks division and cancel culture have gotten out of hand. A belief he likely came to now that it is pointed at him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
lol. Busse doesn't own SO you dummy

Originally Posted by Tarquin

SO gave him a platform tho - probably his point. Don't give the platform at all.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Don't give the platform at all.

That is woke thinking. There is nothing wrong with "platforming" differing opinions and it can work out well if the host pushes back.

But the hosts on the SO podcast did not push back on anything Busse said, and at the very least the owner's Twitter indicates he leans left. The excuses offered so far don't make much difference. Someone in that thread mentioned that the owner himself hunts frequently, with a gun. Virtually all anti-2A organizing is "guns for me not for three".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Don't give the platform at all.

That is woke thinking. There is nothing wrong with "platforming" differing opinions and it can work out well if the host pushes back.

But the hosts on the SO podcast did not push back on anything Busse said, and at the very least the owner's Twitter indicates he leans left. The excuses offered so far don't make much difference. Someone in that thread mentioned that the owner himself hunts frequently, with a gun. Virtually all anti-2A organizing is "guns for me not for three".

Kevin the owner, had many nasty tweets that were anti gun, anti republican, anti trump voter

he just deleted them.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (160user, 35, AlanF, 300_savage, AceBall, 11 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,329
Posts18,505,919
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.