Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's been several months since I shipped a gun but it's time to thin the heard again. I have several rifles and a shotgun or two that need new homes.

I'd like to post them here first because I'm going to price them at a reasonable price but I don't know if I'll be able to ship them now that UPS only ships if you have an ffl. Is fed ex the same way? Is there a way I can ship rifles these days without having an ffl or paying a ffl holder to do it.

A while back someone here posted a website that helps you ship firearms. I will be shipping them to ffls I just need a way to do it when I don't have an ffl.

I may just have to consign them locally but a few are odd balls or custom.

Bb

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah USPS all day everyday..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Long guns still go to the Post Office. I shipped one in Dec.

Handguns are where the rub is.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Just don’t call it a gun when shipping with the others. Call it a “precision machined pipe with accessories”. Which it is so you’re not lying.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I just checked that out. That's the one I was looking for. Has anyone here used it? It looks like they'll even handle handguns for you.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ship My Gun worked great for me.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
USPS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USPS but it's a pain in the dick...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
USPS Priority Mail. Costs more these days, but is still the best option.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use my FFL for handguns. He is cheaper and less trouble than the other choices. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
When I had to ship a gun back for repair the company recommended to call it a Projector when asked what I was shipping. That has now work 2x.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
USPS but it's a pain in the dick...
Shipped a rifle last week. Home PO told me there was no way. When I replied that I had shipped from there before I was ignored. When I requested they read their own regs I was told they couldn't do that. I then told them I was headed to the next PO and left. I got there and was told by two different clerks that I couldn't ship the rifle. I asked that they read their regs to me and one of them disappeared to the back and got with the postmaster. After about 20 minutes, they agreed that I COULD ship the rifle and took it.

Went back to my home PO and apologized to the lady if I was rude to her before, but that she had been wrong and showed her the receipt. She appeared on the edge of a melt down and told me she'd pulled the regs and SHE was right. I asked her to read them to me. She did so including the part that allowed me to ship, then told me the regs said I could not ship.

The next morning I wrote a nastygram to her postmaster with a copy to the Washington complaint office. I also filled out an online complaint form. I'm sure nothing will come of it, except maybe my mail may go most anywhere except my mailbox in the future, but at least I got it off my chest.

The lesson is, prepare to deal with the USPS dumb monkees and just keep pushing them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I shipped rifles last year via both USPS and ShipMyGuns.com. Both worked equally well, SMGs was half the price.

Following up on Hook's experiences, DON"t TAKE NO from the PO. If a clerk says no, ask for a supervisor.

Last edited by aboltfan; 02/20/23. Reason: added comment
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Not being truthful on the description can bite you. I know of shipped lazermark in .460 that got shipped with insurance but not stated as a firearm. A postal worker sold it at a pawn shop for 200 bucks and the postal service tried to get out of it because of the description. They knew their employee stole it. They knew it was a gun and they did their best not to make restitution on the insurance claim. because of vague description.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Not being truthful on the description can bite you. I know of shipped lazermark in .460 that got shipped with insurance but not stated as a firearm. A postal worker sold it at a pawn shop for 200 bucks and the postal service tried to get out of it because of the description. They knew their employee stole it. They knew it was a gun and they did their best not to make restitution on the insurance claim. because of vague description.

I had a similar experience and when I opened a claim I had to provide details of what was in the package along with PM's detailing the price. The USPS has never asked me the contents of my package, only if it contains "Anything liquid, fragile, perishable, potentially hazardous including lithium batteries..........".

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Exactly , someone I know has had multiple issues with UPS and USPS in the last 2 years. Seems like they like breaking expensive stocks. They covered it with insurance but if he had said he was shipping a Toaster he would be SOL.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, I just used it last week. Shipped a rifle through UPS. Cost $43.40 total. With $1000 insurance.
Just like I shipped it myself. Highly recommended them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
2 things to be aware of:

UPS requires FFL on both ends

USPS will ship long guns, person to FFL.

Anything else is BS

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.