Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
In all honesty,.. I find Huckabee less offensive than most of the other candidates,... but he's just way off on some key issues,... he doesn't mind throwing new taxes around and his history on illegals is straight out of the hard left liberal playbook.

He'll undoubtedly get a chunk of the religious right,.. but he's not going to rally the GOP base and he's not going to pull anybody across party lines.

He has that in common with the rest of this years GOP line up,... except for Ron Paul.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
not going to pull anybody across party lines.
Don't know if he will but believe he won't have to: Hillary will push them across party lines.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Any canidate who backs the Fair Tax will prolly get my vote.

+1 grin

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He'll undoubtedly get a chunk of the religious right,.. but he's not going to rally the GOP base and he's not going to pull anybody across party lines.

Agreed, by the time the campaigns are in full swing, he'llbe Hucka-been.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nobody-

Well, that's because he believes in an ultimate truth, a good & evil world-view unlike the chameleon, secular humanists who would take a poll, and look at the demographics before opening their mouth or changing their skin.

And, he likes Rock'n Roll.

gdv

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by goodnews

Nobody-

Well, that's because he believes in an ultimate truth, a good & evil world-view unlike the chameleon, secular humanists who would take a poll, and look at the demographics before opening their mouth or changing their skin.

And, he likes Rock'n Roll.

gdv

Yeah, he's a 'good man' & I certainly respect him for that. I don't however agree that I should necessarily follow his prescription for living my life. Don't trust any politician (or preacher)that thinks he knows better'n me how I should live my life as long as I'm not doin' anything illegal. We've enough of that crap from secular do gooders who've managed to get it enacted into law, i.e. seat belts, motorcycle helmets, smoking restrictions. I actually practice all those things but I'm damned if I think the 'gubmint' should tell me I have to.

And, he likes Rock'n Roll
- That's another thing I've got against him whistle Ain't got nuthin' against Rock 'n Roll, just ain't my thing.

As for taxes, being retired on a 'fixed income', I'm kinda sensitive to things that affect my money. Haven't noticed any great change in the past 15yrs or so re my disposable income, except some local sales tax increases & 'The Guv' had little if any to do with that. Think our state income tax rate pretty well kept pace with Federal & that's been better since GWB came in.

Can't fault Huckabee's character nor mostly his performance as Governor, just don't really like him personally & have a lot of reservations 'bout putting him in the White House. Felt kinda similar 'bout Bill Clinton back in '92 'cept I KNEW he was a philandering liar, so the character bit wasn't applicable wink

Exercising maximum personal freedom means . . . accepting total personal responsibility...!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,946
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.