Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
sako and ab.....not directed towards kmg......the idea that leasing ... not owning ...land or a lodge is undercutting or cheaper doesnt make sense .

who do you think pays for the cost?...he gets a deal out of the goodness of the land owners heart?

I dont know Marius but I hear good things about him....business 101.....bob

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
sako and ab.....not directed towards kmg......the idea that leasing ... not owning ...land or a lodge is undercutting or cheaper doesnt make sense .

who do you think pays for the cost?...he gets a deal out of the goodness of the land owners heart?

The beauty of the KMG business model is that he can go where ever he needs to in order to get me what I want. He isn't locked into one ranch or property.

During my last hunt with KMG last July, we traveled and overnighted at two different properties/lodges in addition to the main lodge in order to get the animals I wanted.

Every animal I killed was so old, their teeth were worn down to the gums. Every one was probably in their last year of life, which made them the perfect animals to harvest conservation wise. They were all past prime breeding age.

So much for killing off all the good trophy animals LOL

Last edited by Termin8r; 02/22/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Termin8r
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

The beauty of the KMG business model is that he can go where ever he needs to in order to get me what I want. He isn't locked into one ranch or property.

During my last hunt with KMG last July, we traveled and overnighted at two different properties/lodges in addition to the main lodge in order to get the animals I wanted.

Every animal I killed was so old, their teeth were worn down to the gums. Every one was probably in their last year of life, which made them the perfect animals to harvest conservation wise. They were all past prime breeding age.

So much for killing off all the good trophy animals LOL

No outfitter is locked to one ranch/farm, if they don't want to be. However, some own a property which comes with an overhead that a lessor does not, to the same level.

Last edited by AB2506; 02/22/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by AB2506
Marius seems like a nice guy. You don't hear anything bad about him. I've messaged with him a couple of times.

Now this is going to anger some people. Marius does not own a lodge. He owns no property. Therefore, he has little overhead compared to an outfitter who owns property and game.

KMG contracts a lodge in the area they will be hunting in. They lease property to hunt and buy the game animals. This allows them to make a profit while undercutting outfitters who must maintain their property and manage their game.

Like a locust, these outfits move into an area, denude the leased properties of mature animals over 1-3 years and then move on to the next property.

Its a business model I cannot support. Its not as bad as places like HuntersHill which is a put and take hunting operation, but KMG has no skin in the game. JMHO

Thank you for your comments, but you could not be more wrong sir.

Over the 13 years as an outfitter, I've only ever operated from two areas. First, I was in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape. I operated out of there from 2010 until mid 2019. I was also a 50% owner there with a beautiful lodge built on the property. Around 2018, I sold my 50% share. I still use this lodge, especially for Tiny 10 since there are species that occur in this area not found from our base camp.

I felt that I wanted to move away from the "Commercial" model that South Africa is known for, and be able to offer hunters more wild experience and a chance to hunt free range areas in South Africa. I've been in this area since 2019.

Are you not perhaps thinking of someone else?

Marius, I stand corrected in your case. Please accept my sincere apology.

If you are in the Eastern Cape this April and our paths cross, I'll buy you a coffee or a beer, your choice. I'll be bouncing around a lot as I have taken most of the species in the Cathcart/Queenstown area.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (257 roberts, 160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,092
Posts18,482,970
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.