Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NTO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Have a great lineup of hunting rifles, collector firearms and much for in our Saturday Auction.

If you are looking for hard to find ammo, knives, scopes, and much more check out the Thursday & Friday auction.

https://www.proxibid.com/R2BA-Auctions-LLC/auction-house/11231

North Texas Outfitters
www.huntexoticgame.com

R2BA Auction Company LLC
www.r2baauctions.com
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
17% buyers premium and fees I am sure glad I started my gun buying a long time ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Figure it into the price.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Holy [bleep]; 20% online buyers premium. Screw that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That’s insane, I’m glad my local gun auction house has ZERO buyers premium. They just recently started charging sales tax though.

IC B2

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by webfoot56
17% buyers premium and fees I am sure glad I started my gun buying a long time ago.

I agree back in the day at garage sales found a few nice firearms.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I agree these on line auctions have completely got out of hand. Covid changed everything on how they are working. Very few live crowd auctions anymore in my area for firearms. Easier for auction houses to just put a few more pictures on line so they can cut down on help costs. Then the fees on top of that--handling fee, shipping, shipping material fee, buyers premium. I only buy within a couple hours from me now so I can inspect before i bid and then if successful bidder I can pickup with no shipping. A lot of them are charging 20-30 dollars per firearm for ffl fee. A curio and relic license really comes in handy for those older firearms.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm still finding guns at flea markets and garage sales.

GLWS

NTO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all that looked and are bidding.
The buyers premium is typical of online auction you just figure it in your price.
Trust me me aren’t pocketing all that the online platform take their share and then some.
If you are local we still do a live onsite auction as well as the online for the gun auction and welcome all to come look and bid.
I agree on the extra fees we don’t charge any extra hidden cost. Flat rate $40 to ship long gun and $30 to ship handgun. We combine shipped even to save if buying more than one gun.
Good luck to all bidders.

North Texas Outfitters
www.huntexoticgame.com

R2BA Auction Company LLC
www.r2baauctions.com
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yep, I do have to give credit to whomever came up with the idea of charging me a premium for the privilege of buying an item from them. Absolutely genius.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs".
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Buyer's premium of 15-20% and also the the sellers get charged 15%... license to print $$. There's a lot of work that goes into it no doubt but online auctions are making $ coming and going.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by CamNWIA
Buyer's premium of 15-20% and also the the sellers get charged 15%... license to print $$. There's a lot of work that goes into it no doubt but online auctions are making $ coming and going.

I can't blame them for doing so either. If they found a way to make more money for less work, that's awesome. No one is forced to buy from them, and the market will always adjust itself. If they're priced too high, they won't sell and prices will drop. If folks are still happy to pay the prices plus premiums, then it sounds like the auction house is doing well for itself. I bought a handgun off of Rock Island Auctions a few years back and didn't pay attention to the fees, and paid way more than I had expected to. But, none of that was hidden, I just didn't read the details. I still got a cool pistol that was no longer in production and hard to find, and that's sometimes the price you pay for it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I know you are aware of the ROCK ISLAND AUCTION COMPANY been following them for a couple decades now. Have even bought a few guns from them in my younger days. NO MORE! They have completely priced them selves out of my income range. I am going to Tulsa in April. I am sure I will see a lot of stuff I might like. My first time there, looking forward to it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'll be in Tulsa also. Will be my 3rd time and had a great time. Managed to pick up a few items on each trip.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
The buyers premium is always a kick in the pants...... but 20%????? I got other auctions I'm watching on that platform with premiums set at 10%!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by webfoot56
I know you are aware of the ROCK ISLAND AUCTION COMPANY been following them for a couple decades now. Have even bought a few guns from them in my younger days. NO MORE! They have completely priced them selves out of my income range. I am going to Tulsa in April. I am sure I will see a lot of stuff I might like. My first time there, looking forward to it.

We have been to Tulsa multiple times.

Tips:

1. Wear a good pair of walking shoes or hiking boots. The entire building (11 acres under one roof) with all of the tables is nearly 7 miles of walking in one day on concrete flooring. Your feet will be tired by the end of the day. The first time we went we didn't keep moving and it took until Sunday at noon to finish. We walk past anything as quick as we can if not interested in it now and we can be done by 4-4:30 on Saturday, starting just after the doors open.

2. If you see something you are interested in, be ready to buy it. There are so many tables at Tulsa (3600 possibly?) the odds of finding it back again are slim.

3. Bring a bottle of water along to keep hydrated. It helps.

4. Wait til about 15-20 minutes after the doors open to go in. The line will have gone down and you don't have to stand outside waiting in the cold (or rain, had that happen before) for the doors to open.

5. If you are taking anything along to trade/sell consider buying a smaller compact grocery cart/shopping cart with wheels on Amazon. The first year I took an old shotgun along to sell/trade and after 4 hours of carrying it I was ready to give it away! The next year I had a rifle with a sling and while better my shoulder was pretty sore after toting it all day. I bought a $45 little shopping cart and it has paid for itself over & over again. Can put water/snacks in it and if I buy ammo or a firearm can tuck it in there and keep on moving. Don't get worn out so easily or have to make a special trip wayyyyy out to the parking lot to tuck it away.

6. Be prepared to see some of the most unique, rare and cool firearms you will ever see. I have seen James Bond movie prop guns, $35K .22 rifle that was beautifully/ornately engraved... Tulsa has it all. It is worth going to at least once if you are a gun afficionado.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Double Fu ck that shi t I'd rather get beat up!

Last edited by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG; 02/23/23.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Manheim auto auction makes an absolute killing. Like its mind boggling. Just one of their well over 200 locations sells 7000 vehicles in a day. Average of $800 buyers fee per car, and $300 sellers fee. Do the math on that one... just at one location in one day, and there are auctions daily.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Vtliskey
The buyers premium is always a kick in the pants...... but 20%????? I got other auctions I'm watching on that platform with premiums set at 10%!
I was following a 10% buyers premium auction recently and bought a rifle. It was a in state auction where I live. It was a huge estate auction that started last year .They are currently getting ready for auction #8 or 9 usually about 200 rifles or pistols.When I got done I had over 200 dollars in fees!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
10% buyer's penalty is a slap in the face, but 20% is just plain greed.

No thanks, you can keep them.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (79S, 673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 17 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,939
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.