Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My dad always had buttermilk with white bread added to it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Homemade chocolate pudding sounds good. Does anyone have a gotta try recipe for real chocolate pudding?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Milk poured over homemade coffee cake is soooo good. Got a buddy that goes to Trader Joes occasionally and always grabs me a pan or two of their pancake bread. Drown that in a bowl with milk is damn tasty too.😎

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Milk and beer kinda clash or something.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Ain't nothing much better than sweet cream poured over warm peach or berry cobbler.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Melk is good. I like it just for drinkin'.

Wife and kids claim I say it like you spell it.
They claim I talk like a Hick.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
I’d much rather just drink that milk with my pie/cake. They make cups/glasses for such things. I also don’t pour OJ on my eggs n bacon. smile

laugh laugh laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I drink milk with pancakes and syrup and like it in oatmeal but otherwise don’t drink much milk. When I do drink it I pronounce it melk. Pronounced the way that it’s spelt sounds weird to me.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I pour it (half & half if available) on a lot of things - particularly ones like crisps and cobblers.

Yep, heavy cream on Peach Cobbler when there's no Ice Cream available.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I still drink milk. Growing up, I drank half a gallon a day, now it's that much a week. We have a brand of milk locally that is hormone-free, and I digest that a lot better than milk that isn't.

Gonna have cereal this morning for light breakfast. Bowl of mixed Cheerios and Corn Chex with a scoop of GrapeNuts and some blueberries.

Love buttermilk by itself or on yesterday's cornbread for breakfast, warmed. Also, buttermilk on oatmeal, in the Irish way. Otherwise, it's 2% regular. And I pronounce it MILK even though the usual Utah way is melk.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have not drunk, drank??? a glass of white milk since dad got rid of Suzie, 50+ years ago........... he milked her, she was kinda mean to kids and women, but good milk.....

I use half and half on my cereal, yes it goes well with warm pie or cobbler............ NOT on cakes.

Never quite got used to ice cream with baked deserts........ half and half or heavy sweet cream....

Buttermilk is for baking, NOT drinking. Syrup is for cornbread............. NEVER milk, never beans.... Naked, buttermilk tastes awful....

It's MILK, like in silk... NOT melk, like my Minnesota wife says.............

Last edited by Muffin; 02/24/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Even though I have become lactose intolerant the last few years, I will at times have ice cream and always pour some milk over it. One of the things that my wife gets mad at me is when we have chocolate cake. I will add ice cream and milk to make a shake that just thinking about is making my mouth water. Sometimes you have to get creative.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If I had gotten an ass whooping every time I turned off the stirrer in a bulk tank to get a cup of cream out for that kind of eating I might have been persuaded to quit doing that, but it was worth it because I mostly didn't get caught.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Eagle brand sweetened condensed mrlk poured straight over a cake

Be a man

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Growing up I watched my grandfather and father pour milk over their cake in a bowl. So naturally I had to do the same. I will occasionally do it now. The milk was a lot better then straight from the bulk tank... Store bought milk sucks!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As a kid, I annually visited the grandfolks' farm in New Jersey, I was taught to milk their small herd of Jersey cows with a generous rhythm: one, two, three tugs to the pail and then one to my mouth. Then one, two, three to the pail and one to the cat. Nothing better than cream-rich warm milk fresh from the teat. Getting your aim right for that squirt to your mouth was critical or you'd wear more than you got to drink. Other farms had gone to mechanical milkers but our herd was too small to make that pay, so hand-milking was how it was done. It was a lot more satisfying, too.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I like to pour milk on my apple or cherry pie.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I'll put day old cornbread in a tall glass ,add a little sugar and pour it full of cold milk.

Nothing better for breakfast
Around here we use buttermilk to crumble our cornbread in. Add some black pepper and chow down 😛

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I pour it (half & half if available) on a lot of things - particularly ones like crisps and cobblers.
I’m surprised that a gent such as yourself is not aware that crisps, cobblers, pie (cold), require vanilla ice cream!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I pour it on pie and Exteme Moose Tracks ice cream. Mmmm mmmm mmmm!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.