A
ACD Offline
A
Yup, all 4 years. Mid 80’s

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I am the Sentinel, stationed by the door...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure was

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We drank a lot of beer in FFA.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yep. 4 yrs

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
yes all four years.
sophomore year secretary
junior year secretary
senior year president, and student advisor. area 8 vice president.

State farmer my junior year. competed on the national level in dairy products cattle judging and farm management.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Chapter,and regional president. State officer 80-81.Still best of friends with one of the guys on our officer team.Now serve on state board of trustee's for Kentucky FFA .Still love seeing the Blue jackets being worn.

Last edited by CRAGGAR; 02/24/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was, picked up a lot of things I use today. Roland Rawls was our Vo Ag teacher, salt of the earth, never knew a finer man. Won State land leveling and Parliamentary Procedure awards.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
All 4 years. Last to I was assigned as secretary to keep track of things. Good class that all kids need to take. Edk

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was for 3 years in HS. I have a granddaughter who is in FFA now.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I was. It was pretty much the school fraternity for all of us po' boys. Mr Wray, out Agriculture teacher was a good guy, too. He'd paddle your ass if you pissed him off. But it took a whole lot to piss him off. Unless you just made a serious jerk of yourself he'd just laugh it off.

We bought a big load of seasoned oak and built mangers to generate money for the club one year. We had a lot of fun hanging out back of the school during lunch and after school building those mangers. Every now and then during the after school times somebody would sneak a few cold beers out there and we'd drink a couple while we worked. Nobody got drunk,..and we slipped around to hide it from Mr Wray. But I'm sure he knew what we were up to. As long as we didn't show our ass about it he acted like he didn't know.

Good times.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ERK
All 4 years. Last to I was assigned as secretary to keep track of things. Good class that all kids need to take. Edk
UHM, Around here, FFA is not a class. It is a club.

Vo-Ag is the class. The former is not not necessary for the latter.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Good times back then

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yes. I was president in high school

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Our chapter was the largest in southeast Texas for awhile.Still got the jacket but it don't fit anymore.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes. Still have my jacket and I tried it on for my daughter (still fits) who was our local chapter President. Competed in speaking contests for years.Always won divisionals and usually ended up second at state until this past year. Which meant she spoke and competed at Indy. Made it through prelims and into semis and that was as far as she got.

She was elected to a state office here 11 months ago. Now working on the state convention and all that goes with it. Writing her retiring address which will be her FFA swan song. Bittersweet to see it coming to an end.

Very proud of her and proud to see her wearing an Association jacket. Some would like to see her run for a national office. But I think she is ready to move on to college.

Great organization that has evolved a lot since I was a member. But still a very positive influence on youth that participate.

Last edited by Tarkio; 02/24/23.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. My high school had wood shop, metal shop, and vocational agriculture as industrial arts.
I was always a nuts and bolts sorta guy, and I rightly figured Vo Ag was my best shot at rebuilding engines and such in shop.
Me and Larry Hyde might’ve been joined at the hip! grin we were always working together on engines and such. He brought in an old Chevy pickup, and we did a frame up restoration on it over our junior and senior years.
I don’t know what became of my FFA Jacket though.
I know it was in the closet at home when I left for the Army. When we cleaned out the house after The Old Man died, I never found it, and to be honest, with all the other stuff, I didn’t give it any thought.
I was active in the FFA up until I left though. Many of my family and neighbors loved the citrus (especially the tangelo) we sold, and I sold and helped sort up until I left home.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,374
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.