Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Back in the late 50's and early 60's the teachers all had wooden pointers, sometimes you got it in the shins other times in the back of the legs. No matter where it was applied it stung.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One time. Coach Johnston caught a buddy and I eating pizza in off-season football stretching lines.

After the swats he tried his darndest make us taste the pizza a 2nd time. He is still one of the most respected men in my life, a personal mentor and a close friend to me.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still remember Mr Schultz saying, "I'm starting to wonder if you like this"?
He was actually a decent guy in retrospect. Never told the old man.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Many times

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hit on the knuckles with a yardstick, but never paddled.

Wake up to this!
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
hmm, Not as much as I should have. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got it twice. Both time for fighting. Dude got pissed and hit harder and harder because i wouldnt cry or tell him it hurt lol. Just smiled

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hell yes I did.
Smacked with rulers too.
Today's kids are freaking snowflakes

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About everyday in 1st grade 😁

Last edited by MPat70; 02/24/23.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep. Late 60's early 70's we could choose either detention or the paddle. Two whacks for every hour of detention. I always took the whacks. Got it over with. Go to the Vice principles office. bend over the back of his desk chair and he would lite you up.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Held the school record in 6th grade, 13 swats. Incorrigible I was.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Many times, but one was really memorable.

We had a split class one day & I had woodshop in the morning & again that afternoon. Teacher paddled me for something I probably deserved. That afternoon he was gonna whip me again & I told him I hadn't done anything to deserve a paddling. He was going to paddle me anyway. Yada yada, I told him it wasn't happening. He backed down.

I wasn't a bad ass or even a hard case, any other time I would have been shaking in my boots. But not that day. I hadn't done wrong & was ready for anything the school could throw at me.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Hell yes and the nuns never missed an opportunity. Paddle, ruler, chalk board eraser, whatever. I watched the principal of the school, Sister Eileen - straight from Ireland, pound a girls head into the chalk board once.
I guess ladies like that join professional women's sports teams now?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yeah a few times. Usually swearing while fighting. I didn't get in trouble for fighting just the swearing. And I only said "damn" and "[bleep]".

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I’d call the one I got in high school for skipping school more like a beating. Not sure what would have happened if one of the coaches hadn’t stepped in and told the 6’6 280 pound or more principle that’s enough, no more. I was about 185 pounds my Jr. year when this happened. First lick put me on top of his desk. The second lick he hit me half way between my butt and knees, third lick hit me in my back above my belt. My legs when limp, and I couldn’t stand up. After a few minuets of me of not being able to stand coach asked me he needed to call my mother. I said no let’s not do that, I’ll be ok give me a while longer. My parents were divorced and my dad lived 90 miles away. I never told my dad, if he would have found out about it it would not have been pretty. I remember my football coach tell the principle, whipping him one things beating him is another. Coach stayed around and talked to the principle after I left. Rumor had it coach told the principle that wasn’t going to happen again. We even heard talk the big paddle the principle had was removed from school. Also heard after what happened to me they were not going to paddle anymore kids but who knows.

I’m convinced all the back problems I had after that and back surgery in later years was from that day I’ll never forget. What happened to me is the exact reason why kids don’t get there but whipped in school. I owed up to skipping, I knew I was caught no need to lie. I never mouthed off, I agreed to take my licks. This big principle that worked me over completely lost it, when he swung that paddle he was in a rage. I was scared as I’ve ever been.

I’ll be 67 in a few weeks and remember that day well.

Thanks, Billy
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Oh yeah. Which also meant I got it when I got home. That was the rule with my old man.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Yup.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Yes, mostly in 7th grade. This one teacher had a classic paddle ( about 24 inches long, holes drilled in it, etc ) which he enthusiastically used. One had to take the punishment while leaning over with your hands on his desk as the entire class got to joyfully watch. Normally consisted of three stout whacks unless you had really irritated him. It definitely improved one's behavior .... at least for awhile.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No.... Thankfully, as by the mid 60's corporal punishment was banned in public schools. But, I do remember seeing a blue paddle (boys) and a pink paddle (girls) in Mr. Van Stone's principal office in elementary school in Kindergarten & 1st grade (he kept them as souvenirs - I assume).

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ButchA61
No.... Thankfully, as by the mid 60's corporal punishment was banned in public schools. But, I do remember seeing a blue paddle (boys) and a pink paddle (girls) in Mr. Van Stone's principal office in elementary school in Kindergarten & 1st grade (he kept them as souvenirs - I assume).
still done paddlin's at my school when I graduated in early 80's
from some behavior on here there's many of people on here still need a paddling no matter how old they are.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.