Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a paddle broken over my butt in 10th grade English for sticking up for a girl in the class that I thought the teacher (also wrestling coach) was being an a$$hole to. Kept saying "thank you sir, may I have another" until he broke the damn paddle at the handle. That guy as a real piece of $hit. Went to a private school and my parents signed the corporal punishment form.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every teacher through 3rd grade. Several of the extra classes too. Art, gym....

4th Grade. Mrs Barkley, was our closet neighbor on that side of the road.
Her husband was a childhood neighbor and schoolmate of Mom.
I knew if I got in trouble with her, I'd get hammered at home.

Mrs Barkley, passed this week.
Godspeed, Mrs Barkley.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes , there was a time when a 7th grade principal was giving me a swat for talking back to my math teacher , he had me grab my ankles then he hit me in the lower back . when he did I stood up and refused to take any more. he took me to the office and called my mother at her beauty shop . the next thing I new my mother was in the office, she looked at my back ( I just new she was going to light the principals azz up ). but no she stated yelling at him about how you should give a paddling and then said to me ( get your azz into the hall ) then she preceded to show the principal how to give a paddling , as she beat my azz in the hallway of my school! I never ever lived that down ! old school buddies still laugh about it , and I am now 61 yrs old !

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
10th grade, Mississippi Gulf Coast, 1964; sent to office for misbehavior (dont remember what), and Principal said "5 licks (swats with a paddle) or 5 days (30 min after-school detention)" I took the 5 licks. Had a board cut out of a 1x6 about 30 inches long. Wasn't pleasant but wasn't terrible either. Dont recall ever being sent to the office again.

IC B2

T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
In the 7th grade I witnessed the worst paddling ever. South Texas 1962, PE class, about 70 30 split with 70 being Mexican, one particular boy pissed in the corner instead of the urinal. Probably didn't know better and too dumb to observe others. Coach sees this and has the kid grab their ankles with his head stuck under a porcelain water fountain. Coach's paddle was a planned down baseball bat with holes drilled through the flats. When coach swatted him the kid reflexively raised his head and knocked himself out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Paddled ? No,have the living s ... beat out of me ? For sure,12 years of Catholic school.It 's painfull to be a smartass,calling the Priests "brother",the Monsignor,"GRAND POO BAH",and generally being a wise ass has it 's costs.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had encountered the board of education several times in school in the sixties. Looked like a fillet board with a handle and holes thru it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes - quite a few times.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Too many times to count in elementary school. Then not again til 11th grade for being a smarta$$ to Mrs Brown, Algebra 2 teacher. Had to take my test in the Principle’s office, the he gave me 5 licks (ex-football coach, so they weren’t soft).

In Junior High, our football coach would make us bring our report cards to the locker room the day they were handed out. He was looking at conduct grades - 1 lick for every C, 2 for every D and 3 for every F. And he could swing that paddle! Whole team gathered around and cheered him on too!

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Spent a lot of time sitting in those chairs outside the principal's office. Most of it wondering if it was going to result in the paddle when I got called in. Got it a few times.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rarely....our school had a pretty good psy-ops program running. They didn't send you to the principal, the offended teacher beat your a$$ out in the hall to provide a physical object lesson for the miscreant and an auditory lesson for the rest of the classes. Can remember the times sitting in another class and the sounds of some poor slob getting beat were echoing up and down the halls and thinking better him than me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sevierville, Tennessee, class of 1979? You're DAMN right I did, with custom boat oar paddles, holes drilled in the paddle part for less wind resistance. I deserved every last one and got away with twice as much without getting caught...
Those were the days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, HECK yes !!!!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
This thread explains a lot.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I went to englsih boarding school from age 7 to 13. I got beat so many times lost count. One teacher used to smash 2 students heads together for talking in class. Another one had a large silver spoon and would have you make a fist and whap your knuckles. the headmaster would inflict formal punishment by beating your ass while you had to bend over a chair ( in private in his study). He would use a bamboo cane or small pool cue or giant ping pong or size 13 plimsol bat when we were in pajamas. In my last school the headmaster would use a fencing foil. None of the beatings ever had any effect of correcting our behavior! We kept count of our 'whacks', as they called them over there, and considered them merit badges.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Never got paddled. But in the 6th grade Mr. Axe would wack you with his 18" ruler. Usually across the knuckles.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I never got paddled in school. I remember my dad being friends with the principal and telling him he could paddle me if I got in trouble as long as he called dad and told him do dad could paddle me twice as long when I got home. Dad was a barber and had a strop for his razors. I felt it once when I REALLY screwed up and never wanted that again so I was pretty good at school.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yep, twice. For fighting in grade school. Had not thought about it in years.

Expelled The first day of high school. As a freshman put with a mix of all grades in a Geometry class. Knocked a senior out and he had to go to the hospital. Three days off so dad put me to work. Actually made some money over it. Senior was OK and nobody messed with me after that.

That's my Cornpop story.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Worse than paddling was a swat with a coat hanger wire or wooden pointer. The wire got your attention.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,666
Posts18,493,690
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.