Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Yeah, the G44 is very reliable too. If it can gobble up bulk standard velocity ammo….

It was running so good - I had to grab some bulk can ammo like you said, just to see if the G44 would still eat.

It did.

While the Glock ain’t sexy. It has been hassle free fun.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Been using this Ruger for 25 years as a trapping and do everything pistol, Kaywoodie and Ed to many letters, cleaned it a couple of years ago, up till then i just sprayed the hell out of it with break cleaner and 3&1 oil, runs great and has killed a couple of truck loads of critters no complaints here. Rio7

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RIO7

Been using this Ruger for 25 years as a trapping and do everything pistol, Kaywoodie and Ed to many letters, cleaned it a couple of years ago, up till then i just sprayed the hell out of it with break cleaner and 3&1 oil, runs great and has killed a couple of truck loads of critters no complaints here. Rio7

Nice patina on that one. 👌

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Never had much luck with Browning Buckmarks.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
COLRADO LUCKYDOG: I own a BUNCH of Ruger MK pistols, in all four models and they are SUPER reliable - I use them mostly for small game and Varmint Hunting with higher velocity hollowpoint ammunitions.
I also own several Browning BuckMarks (all heavy barrel versions!) and they have been VERY reliable for me over the years - I use them for the same duties as the Rugers.
I also own a Colt "Colt 22", a Smith & Wesson Model 22 Victory and a Glock Model 44 that all perform well for me - although the Glock 44 is rather new to me - it worked very well last summer.
Happy with all of the above - but for reliability, accuracy and investment value I would recommend a heavy barrel Ruger MK stainless version over the others by a whisker.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Reliable 22 is only a wheel gun, yes most gun are OK but high reliability in auto is simply does not happen with dirty led and powder is just bad for auto loaders, I've had a sig mosquito before and honestly would take any revolver over it any day in fact I sold it and never looked back, that's my experience with 22 handgun

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have a m322 sig, when it works right very fun to shoot. Bought it after the Dicken drill evolved . You need to be very careful when you load the mags for reliability. Both my original mags bulge slightly near the bottom, I believe this is the problem the replacement is flawless. My mkll has allways been good as has my m41 and Victor. Smith revolvers are 100 % reliable. Keep them clean, 22's with excess bullet lube on them cause lots of reliability problems.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 02/26/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Never had any issues out of a Buckmark. It's not the lightest but is a fun plinker.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My Ruger mkIV hunter and my wifes MKIII target have both been very reliable, my Ruger SR22 has been reliable with most ammo but will always have a problem with cci blazer

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Shoot2Hunt: I have to disagree with your overly broad contention regarding semi-auto 22 LR pistols "reliability"!
Each year (for decades now!) I have taken my heavy barrel semi-auto pistols out into the Ground Squirrel Colonies and sent MANY hundreds of rounds down field from them.
I do NOT remember the last time one of my heavy barrel semi-auto pistols failed to function!
I use higher velocity, top quality, hollow-point ammunition in these pistols - come winter time I give them a "shallow" (as opposed to "deep") cleaning.
I wonder why my experiences differ from yours?
I wonder if you were using cheap ammo in or you were "limp wristing" your 22 semi-autos?
95% of my shots from my semi-autos were double handed hold (one hand to clamp down on the pistol for rigidity and steady sight picture) over sandbag, shots.
To each their own - I guess that is what makes the world go round.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have found cheap ammo to be the usual case of unreliability in both wheel and auto handguns.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Reliable and Buckmark should not be in the same sentence as far as I'm concerned. My Buckmark runs good when it's oily then after about 30-40 rounds it'll start hanging up every so often. After reading this thread I'm going to buy a Glock 44.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I’ll throw something a little different out there. I have a GSG 1911 22. It is reliable, accurate, and has a nice trigger. It is also cheap practice for a real 1911. No idea how many thousand rounds we’ve shot through it. So far it’s needed no more than an occasional cleaning. Best part, it was 3 bills new!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ok,,,,, FWIW, this is what I'm shooting, got the MKlll when it 1st came out, and it's got some Volquartsen goodies inside, gave/donated my MKll to a local shooting range..... cry
Lj cool

Attached Images
Last edited by AK375DGR; 03/01/23. Reason: added info.....

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
My favorite is the Ruger MKIV 22/45. Very reliable. Quite accurate. Easy to put a red-dot sight on it, If so desired.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Occasionally I'll gather up the mostly empty boxes, pocket, pack, and range bag ammo, and whatever miscellaneous .22 ammo laying here and over there. There are always at least 75-100 rounds of ammo that refuses to be consolidated except together, and it's a favorite task for a grandkid to work through it all at the range. There might be shorts, longs, long rifle, subsonic, birdshot, HV, crap and target ammo all lumped in one box. That's a job for a revolver.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My favorite .22 RF handgun is my Sig Sauer P226 with .22 conversion, never any problem at all. Sam experience with Ruger SR22, it was trouble free and the wife and daughters loved to shoot it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by gunswizard
My favorite .22 RF handgun is my Sig Sauer P226 with .22 conversion, never any problem at all. Sam experience with Ruger SR22, it was trouble free and the wife and daughters loved to shoot it.

Very interesting. Does the conversion have an adjustable rear sight? Is there any fodder the 22 con doesn't like at all? What is your standard setup, the 226 with the 9 mm assembly or the 22 conversion? Do you have one of the newer P226 or is it one of the older German made guns? The conversion, is it original SigSauer? Thank you!

Elmer Keith
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by RIO7

Nice patina on that one. 👌

Yes, indeed, was my first thought also. Obviously the old Ruger comes with fixed rear sight. Can it be adjusted in windage? What's the point of aim (ok, the head of course wink ) at 20 or 25 yards?

Elmer Keith
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Ok,,,,, FWIW, this is what I'm shooting, got the MKlll when it 1st came out, and it's got some Volquartsen goodies inside, gave/donated my MKll to a local shooting range..... cry
Lj cool

I have that pistol as well with no complaints, very reliable
Also have a pre Buckmark Browning Challenger II that I will never get rid of, IMO is better than the Buckmark
I had a S&W 41 5.5"barrel that I sold because I wanted the 7"model, but by the time I got around to buying one they had doubled in price so I am happy with my Ruger and Browning

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

307 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 31 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.