Last edited by Tommy_guns; 02/25/23.

Hammer down!
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Budget 10mm and 1911 shouldn't be in the same sentence.
Exactly

Hammer down!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
To my knowledge Girsan, Tisa & RIA all use cast frames. Ruger and a couple of other manufacturers do also. I much prefer forged frames for strength and aesthetics vs cast.

Another consideration is how the hot 10mm round is supported in the chamber. Not all 1911 manufacturers have fully supported chambers. Kimber & Dan Wesson are among the best in this regard for the 10mm.

Buy once cry once.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Waders
I avoid RIA at all costs. Their employees show up here, pretending to be "just another member" and pimp RIA products. If you have to do that, your products are suspect in my book.

Been down that road, mine could not run a full magazine without FTF's . They sent me an RMA and fixed it within a week but down the road it went. They did fix the problem though.

If I were to buy a 1911 10mm it would be a Kimber or Dan Wesson.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ghostman
To my knowledge Girsan, Tisa & RIA all use cast frames. Ruger and a couple of other manufacturers do also. I much prefer forged frames for strength and aesthetics vs cast.

Another consideration is how the hot 10mm round is supported in the chamber. Not all 1911 manufacturers have fully supported chambers. Kimber & Dan Wesson are among the best in this regard for the 10mm.

Buy once cry once.

Tisas guns come with a hang tag stating they are all FORGED, and hardened before machining. Try to keep up.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Buy once cry once.

Tisas guns come with a hang tag stating they are all FORGED, and hardened before machining. Try to keep up.

Comparing the strength of a Ruger Investment casting to a sand casting as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Waders
I avoid RIA at all costs. Their employees show up here, pretending to be "just another member" and pimp RIA products. If you have to do that, your products are suspect in my book.

At least he does not send you PMs implying he will sue you for calling him out on his conduct, without directly saying so, since he knows he stands a snowballs chance in hell, and the fallout in terms of public relations for his current employer would be beyond disastrous..

I too avoid RIA, and avoid recommending anything, directly as a result of this conduct.

Seems like I miss a lot on here.
I've been enthusiastic on the RIAs based on the experience of one pistol bought used in 2007. It's a dandy, and just about everyone who's used it has wanted it.

Seen a fair number of guys on here recommend them, but don't remember anything that looked like the employee pimping described. Seems a shame that something like this happens.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have an all-steel witness compact 10mm that is used by other mushers who accompany me on the trail.

Its been very reliable. It did need heavy duty springs, everywhere, including the magazine springs.

It gets thawed every night near woodstove and doesn't weigh down the parka pocket.

Always frosty, then warmed. Surprisingly, very little rust. Very good finish.

Both my sp-101 357 mag and this 10 mm are loaded with swift a-frames.

They penetrate very well, but won't blow through the offside of a moose and kill a sled dog, like fkn hard cast.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It has a serious muzzle blast with certain ammo though. I do shoot squirrels with it for practice. One dog gets gun-shy, lays down and quits for a few minutes. His girlfriend "party-girl" consoles him. She fkn loves guns!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/06/23.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Classic CZ design is a well proven one. That seems like a good choice for what you are doing. Saw lots and lots of CZs and CZ copies in the middle east, but (big shocker) not a single one in 10mm. More than a few .45s circulating though.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Budget 10mm and 1911 shouldn't be in the same sentence.

This. ^^^^^^^

How many MIM or potmetal parts are used in their the RIA or the Tisas?

MM

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
supposedly Tisas has eliminated all MIM parts in 2022 and later made pistols

as mentioned the slides and frames have always been forged

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.