Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Another Confederate general removed in an attempt to have history erased or re-written.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/24/fort-hood-in-texas-to-be-renamed-after-gen-richard-cavazos/

Last edited by SoTexCurdog; 02/26/23.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Erase history (or re-write it).

At least he's a native Texan and seems like he was a wonderufl leader. Not just another name to fill a void.

I ownder how many soldiers will foever call it "Fort Hood" or The post preiously known as Fort Hood????

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Agreed.
I also wonder why they didn’t rename after another decorated Hispanic Confederate, albeit not a general,
Col. Santos Benevedas of Laredo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santos_Benavides

Of course, I am being facetious.

Last edited by SoTexCurdog; 02/26/23.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'd call it the Spanish version "Cerveza" Beer...

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's next - Stone Mountain - Sandblasted and Southern Leaders replaced by Bill Clinton, Obama and Biden wearing Gay Pride Uniforms riding Rainbow colored Unicorns??

That is Our History they are playing with - read, study and learn, but don't destroy something out of your stupidity.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I will forever call it Ft Hood. Served 3 years w the First Cav.

Don't gobble at me
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
They've already changed the schools.
I attended a JB Hood school and the woman
in charge tossed all the portraits and things
with any mention of John Hood on it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I can only imagine the mess the former soldiers
might have with a beaurecrat in the future when
filling out paperwork for something to go through
the system, and they kick it because there's no
such place as Fort Hood
I've been through some company buy-outs, and
the name change logistic crap was unbelievable.
Changing Fort Hood is going to create such a
huge mess for so many people

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
What's next - Stone Mountain - Sandblasted and Southern Leaders replaced by Bill Clinton, Obama and Biden wearing Gay Pride Uniforms riding Rainbow colored Unicorns??

That is Our History they are playing with - read, study and learn, but don't destroy something out of your stupidity.
they have already discussed getting rid of Stone Mountain

NRA Life Member
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I was wondering when that was going to happen

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sometimes the most deserving are overlooked, Master Sergeant Raul Perez "Roy" Benavidez.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
I was wondering when that was going to happen
from NPR....June 21, 20215:00 AM ET

The 90-foot tall carving of Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis at Stone Mountain State Park in Georgia was completed in 1972. In recent years, activists have increased calls for the Confederate imagery to be removed.
Emil Moffatt/WABE
As calls to remove Confederate monuments have increased in recent years across the U.S., the debate over what to do with the biggest one is getting louder.

Monthly board meetings of the Stone Mountain Memorial Association are held in a spacious resort hotel ballroom nestled inside the Georgia park. As the social justice movement has gained steam, so have the crowds at the meetings. Tension is bubbling up between those who want the 90-foot tall Confederate carving removed and those who think it should stay.

The carving at the center of the debate is the largest Confederate monument in the world. It depicts Confederate Gens. Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee and president of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis, on horseback.

Grady Vickery is with the Sons of Confederate Veterans. He grew up near the park.

"What it means to me is that, being a lifelong student of history, local history, Georgia history, your history, my history, it's all common history folks," said Vickery. "This carving is a monument."

While the imagery on the carving calls to mind the Civil War, no battles were fought at Stone Mountain. None of the three men was from Georgia, and the carving isn't even that old, having been finished in 1972.

That's why John Evans, the former leader of a local NAACP chapter, dismisses the "heritage" argument. He says the carving represents one thing: a continuation of white supremacy, well past the Civil War.

"What we want you to do and what we want you to consider is taking down the edifice of the three generals on the mountain. We've got to clean it up," Evans said.

The board that controls Stone Mountain State Park meets again Monday to discuss incremental changes to the way the Confederacy is portrayed.

Civil Rights Activist Argues To Keep Confederate Monuments
NATIONAL
Civil Rights Activist Argues To Keep Confederate Monuments
In May, the board voted to relocate Confederate flags away from the main hiking area. Now, it will consider a new park logo, one that's not expected to feature an image of the carving.

Despite the carving controversy, the park remains popular, drawing 3 million visitors a year.

But Stone Mountain CEO Bill Stephens says some businesses no longer want to hold their conventions at the park's hotels.

As for what he can do about it, he says his hands are tied by a Georgia law that protects Confederate monuments and by the sheer size of the task.

We want to tell the whole story. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Rev. Abraham Mosley

"To remove the carving would take a small, tactical nuclear weapon," Stephens said. "Three acres of solid granite, it's probably not going anywhere, that's why we're telling the story about it."

Stephens and the chairman of the Stone Mountain board, the Rev. Abraham Mosley, say the conversation about potential changes is ongoing.

"I'm sure the carving will come up. It has already come up. Where we go from there? I don't know," said Mosley, a Black pastor from Athens, Georgia recently appointed to head the board by Gov. Brian Kemp. "And I think what the CEO said, we want to tell the whole story, the good, the bad and the ugly."

But a new advisory committee that will decide what that "whole story" looks like is likely to face increased pressure.

A growing movement by some conservatives, including Kemp, seeks to avoid divisive topics about the history of race in the U.S.

And on the other side, activists like Atlanta civil rights attorney Gerald Griggs say they'll continue to demand change.

"This is not a reflection of what Georgia should be. It should be inclusive, it should tell all of the history, and it should remove the hate, starting with the carving," said Griggs.

NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Simple to remember the basis of proposed changes

The Rules, by alinsky
1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
8. "Keep the pressure on."
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside"
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

And of course Orwell's quote from 49 . . . . as in 1949

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” — George Orwell from his book 1984

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Both my Son and DIL think I’m a racist, and since Obama made everything about race, maybe they’re right. I never felt this way before. The guys I served with in the Army, I believe, would never think of me this way.
But in the last decade and a half, I stopped ignoring the reality of the numbers. Racism on the part of Blacks against whites is far higher than the reverse.
90% of the Blacks murdered are killed by other Blacks.
In America, 95% of the violent crimes are committed by 15% of the population.
I’m all for reparations. If you’re talking about Blacks paying back America for the trouble caused by the Black community.
The Blacks who have assimilated into the American way of life have done very well for themselves.
But LBJ and the democrats set up the welfare state, leaving Blacks stranded in the hood. The only way out is the military. Most of them just sit there doping & stealing and blaming us whites. I know that sob is roasting in hell right now.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 2UP, 27 invisible), 1,638 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,280
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.