Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by Big Stick
There's been a flat billed granola influx,which is "quaint"...but do ANY of Reupold's scopes actually fhuqking track,repeat and hold zero? Hint.

The Snake Oil will assuredly flow and that is never not fhuqking funny,but is there ANYTHING in their offerings,worth a fhuqk? Mil/Mil,FFP,Illuminated,copious erector travel and illumination?!? Hint.

Do tell. Hint...................

That's a stupid fkn question there Fkstick. Explain it to you once. Yes! Literally millions upon millions upon millions performing flawlessly. Every fkn where every day across the world.

Ha Ha Ha I would guess I have only owned some 20 Leupolds and I have sent more Leupy's back for repair than any other brand. To include some less expensive brands like Mueller.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Reupold being the drag queen iteration of Leupold should not track , gay being the opposite of straight. But, you don't really need any advice on the gay thing .

Last edited by EddieSouthgate; 02/25/23.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holding zero is important, not failing is important, good optics important, spinning dials = WHY?

When my scopes were all made in El Paso or Denver, I never had an issue with holding zero or sending back to repair. I didn't give a [bleep] about spinning dials back then either. I have plenty of Leupolds and I'm not selling any anymore. Most of my Leupolds are M8 style, some are FX and some are VX, with only a few the newest variety of VX or FX. Recently I've been buying Fullfields.

I think the whole argument boils down to "I like Ford trucks more than Dodge trucks" or "my Chevy is much better than your Ford" and "Oh yeh, your choice sucks."

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Bugger
Holding zero is important, not failing is important, good optics important, spinning dials = WHY?

When my scopes were all made in El Paso or Denver, I never had an issue with holding zero or sending back to repair. I didn't give a [bleep] about spinning dials back then either. I have plenty of Leupolds and I'm not selling any anymore. Most of my Leupolds are M8 style, some are FX and some are VX, with only a few the newest variety of VX or FX. Recently I've been buying Fullfields.

I think the whole argument boils down to "I like Ford trucks more than Dodge trucks" or "my Chevy is much better than your Ford" and "Oh yeh, your choice sucks."

Sadly some of the older Weavers get very poor in the clarity aspect, some say because the lenses are glued together and the glue degrades.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Sadly some of the older Weavers get very poor in the clarity aspect, some say because the lenses are glued together and the glue degrades."

I think that may be an issue. However, I have a Marksman, a K6, and a K3 that still function well. I have seen some old Weavers with clarity issues though. I didn't know about the glue thing.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Bugger
"Sadly some of the older Weavers get very poor in the clarity aspect, some say because the lenses are glued together and the glue degrades."

I think that may be an issue. However, I have a Marksman, a K6, and a K3 that still function well. I have seen some old Weavers with clarity issues though. I didn't know about the glue thing.

I have several of the straight tube 3 and 2.5 power weavers, favorites actually. some with the glue issue, mostly 4 powers. It looks like bubbles in the glue where it has separated.

Dog I rescued in January

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jimmy gets some things right,but I prefer a more svelte blade. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The Banff is a BAD Bitch. Hint...............

Love that Lile, Stick.

Had a couple over the years. One in stag, the other in black micarta.

Back Packer model.

The dot over the maker's mark denotes it was made in his shop after his death by his crew.

Think there is even chinese version of it now...

Thanks for the recommendation on the Moki, going to pick one up. wink

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by KenMi
您购买的这个瞄准镜是一块美化的狗屎,不适合儿童气枪。我们用愚蠢的营销策略把你们搞笑的美国人搞砸了。

Exactly!

This makes as much sense as whatever "little stick" is typing.

Put it into a Mandarin to English translator and it makes a whole lot more sense. haha

Don't have to worry about sticky doing that part. He will just lick the windows and pretend to have a happy, virtuous life, all the while proving he in fact does not.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rickt300
I have sent more Leupy's back for repair than any other brand.

That's my experience as well. Some work great forever and some don't.

Tony

Last edited by TonyRumore; 02/25/23.

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Holy schitt PB!!!

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😜

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
An El Paso K2.5 holds zero on a prewar 70 SG '06, and did just as well on a 10/22 before that. Have Lyman Permacenters that also hold zero. Tracking isn't per nominal increments. Can live with that.

Leupolds look nice on safe-queens. For rimfires that get used alot replaced all but one Leup with SWFAs. I dial rimfires sometimes. Can't stand Leup non-repeatable, non-linear adjustments. The zeroing shuffle bothers me more than any other shortcoming. Sick of having to whack a scope after adjustments....knowing it may not settle in. Which means I have to make one...two....?...trips to the range to see if "suggestions" were heeded.

Warranty is good. An M8 turned into a rattle, and the AO on a 3-9EFR stopped AO-ing. So there's a plus. I think. Haven't broken a SWFA yet.

Only point of disagreement with Stick is that once zero is validated couple times they've held zero over many seasons. So far. Long shot here is around 250 yds, so no need to dial. Have 1" VX3s on .300s and a .375R.

Long as I don't change load specifics.....

Last edited by Sam_H; 02/25/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What sucks is that dipstick is right, my last three Leupolds tracked poorly, mushy clicks and I have sent two of them back after owning them less than two years. Not for tracking issues but holding zero issues. Admittedly they are 2-7 FX1 so nowhere near top of the line. Everything I don't like about SWFA, big knobs, over 20 ounces is completely forgiven due to solid zero holding and the ability to take a licking. If it were not for Leupold's solid warranty I would never own another. My scoped rifle use is somewhere between the average Leupy fanboys and Stick's throwing them off of rocky hillsides.
Im sure this is why experience has been positive. Where i live, twusting turrets isnt needed for the most part. We hunt swamps and heavy thickets. Some open wooded areas, but most shots are inside 200yds

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by gunchamp
What sucks is that dipstick is right, my last three Leupolds tracked poorly, mushy clicks and I have sent two of them back after owning them less than two years. Not for tracking issues but holding zero issues. Admittedly they are 2-7 FX1 so nowhere near top of the line. Everything I don't like about SWFA, big knobs, over 20 ounces is completely forgiven due to solid zero holding and the ability to take a licking. If it were not for Leupold's solid warranty I would never own another. My scoped rifle use is somewhere between the average Leupy fanboys and Stick's throwing them off of rocky hillsides.
Im sure this is why experience has been positive. Where i live, twusting turrets isnt needed for the most part. We hunt swamps and heavy thickets. Some open wooded areas, but most shots are inside 200yds

Yep, me too. I hunt the swamps and marsh grass and we are forced to hunt. I climb trees and hide for the ambush . My deer this years was 25 yds. with my piece of crap RAR .243 WIn with a mild load and 100 gr Remington coreloc hand load. Not sure what I need all those turrets for... and the .700 ballistic coefficient bullets. I cant believe haw far some dudes here shoot their deer on this thread. Cudos to them, but I dont get to hun that way.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My VX5-HD 3-15 has worked fine for several years on a 7mm Rem. As of right now, I would buy another one. To my eyes, the eyebox is nice and the glass sharp.

I haven't taken pics at the range before to use for reviews of a rifle or scope...so no photography to post about tracking.

I don't shot a round count anywhere close to what Bigstick post. The scope and rifle above have appx 200 rounds.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"BC" is a term VERY troubling to Melting Snowflake Crying Karens,their trembling lips and High Pitched Nasal Whine. Hint.

HILARIOUSLY,one can't field a Modern Scope,less turret imput and that too cause Estrogen Levels to rise in The Paper Hat Brigade. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"BC" is a term VERY troubling to Melting Snowflake Crying Karens,their trembling lips and High Pitched Nasal Whine. Hint.

HILARIOUSLY,one can't field a Modern Scope,less turret imput and that too cause Estrogen Levels to rise in The Paper Hat Brigade. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Alot of people dont take any time to learn about it and how it affects a bullets trajectory. You guys are awesome with the long shots. Always enjoyed seeing those skills on display. Like i said, my shots are almost all inside of 200yds, so itd not something i need to worry about when hunting here.

Last edited by gunchamp; 02/26/23.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Starting velocity,ain't impact velocity and Boobs routinely miss that constant. Hint.

BC is the impetus,which controls same,to the chagrin of Crying Karens the World over. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Starting velocity,ain't impact velocity and Boobs routinely miss that constant. Hint.

BC is the impetus,which controls same,to the chagrin of Crying Karens the World over. Hint...................
Agreed

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Physics ain't "subjective". Hint.

If only to the chagrin of Crying Karens the World over. Hint................

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1Longbow, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,570
Posts18,491,864
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.