-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bane of the 84L assuredly isn't a lack of mass,but rather a lack of COAL. Mounting systems and Optics tend to matter more than a "smidge" too. Hint.

Very fhuqking few folks actually shoot,let alone Skookum parcels. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CA doesn't put "Anti-Hotness" in their rifles...but Droolers typically miss much. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by Big Stick
CA doesn't put "Anti-Hotness" in their rifles...but Droolers typically miss much. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint..............

Accuracy matters wayyyyyyy more than bullets. Hint...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Do tell how you "arrange" Accuracy/Precision,less bullets. Hint.

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Dangle some pics of the Goat Fhuqked Rifles and muse particulars,because it will funnier than fhuqk if you TRY. Perhaps extoll some more about "Anti-Hotness" and how "Pro-Hotness" is realized. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Thanks for the replies gents.

I fully realize why light rifles are more difficult to shoot well and yet seem to press forward with a full understanding of what it takes to shoot the tool well. Every rifle is like a golf club, requiring a different technique to make the shot.

I really wasn’t asking that though - I was simply inquiring who makes the lightest hunting rifles today.

I didn’t know that both Howa & Cooper both make sub 5lb rifles. I’ll need to look deeper at allowable dimensions of both to see what might work for me.

I tend to run the numbers on all things before the ‘romance’ sets in.

Thread Drift is a real thing, you know…..

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reality ain't for everyone,as the Google Gals obliviously quantify ad nauseam. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by beretzs
If they can be found, the Kimber Montana in 7-08 is a sleeper. Maybe they'll make them again in the future, but damned if that little rifle didn't change my thoughts. I haven't found them particularly hard to shoot, but it does make you pay attention to how you handle the gun.

Agreed.
Mine has become the one I grab first, for the past 4-5 years.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a Kimber Sub Alpine in 308 with a Swarovski Z3 3-10×42 with adjustable turrets mounted on it.
Just over 6 lbs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Like others I found the sub 6lb rifles difficult to shoot. I’ve settled on my mtn rifles weighing in ~6 3/4lbs with scope to be the sweet spot for me. I’ve been mostly carrying rifles in that weight range for 35 years now. Anything a pound heavier is like carrying a concrete block…..

A flip flop recoil pad loses 3-4 ozs off the very back end of the rifle and makes a skinny bbl mtn rifle behave like a sporter contour bbl with a conventional recoil pad.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,467
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.