Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by CopperCreekAmmo
Hahahaha. When you have a business in the gun industry you get called a lot of things. But crawfish is one of my favorites. So you paid for something (late as you admit), I no longer had for sale and I refunded your money for the items I didn't have, but somehow I am the bad guy?

And for the record, not that its anyone's business, but I do have a Bachelor of Science with a focus in business with an associates degree in Culinary arts, I spent 13 years as a chef and even had my very own restaurant for 13 short months but the economic downturn of 08 killed that....Now here we are defending ourselves on an outdated forum because someone can't use PayPal or a credit card so its my fault they couldn't get a check delivered in a reasonable amount of time....

Sorry but that’s a bullcrap response. You made an agreement to accept a mailed check from someone in exchange for a specific gun, then sold the gun out from under said person before the check arrived? If you wanted CC only, then state CC only. But if you agree to sell a gun in exchange for a check, but refuse to wait for the check, that’s suspect as hell.

GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Hahahaha. When you have a business in the gun industry you get called a lot of things. But crawfish is one of my favorites. So you paid for something (late as you admit), I no longer had for sale and I refunded your money for the items I didn't have, but somehow I am the bad guy?

And for the record, not that its anyone's business, but I do have a Bachelor of Science with a focus in business with an associates degree in Culinary arts, I spent 13 years as a chef and even had my very own restaurant for 13 short months but the economic downturn of 08 killed that....Now here we are defending ourselves on an outdated forum because someone can't use PayPal or a credit card so its my fault they couldn't get a check delivered in a reasonable amount of time....

Sorry but that’s a bullcrap response. You made an agreement to accept a mailed check from someone in exchange for a specific gun, then sold the gun out from under said person before the check arrived? If you wanted CC only, then state CC only. But if you agree to sell a gun in exchange for a check, but refuse to wait for the check, that’s suspect as hell.

Who said he bought a gun? Ballistik bought projectiles we had listed for sale as first paid, first shipped. All guns are paid via credit card unless other arrangements are made. If anyone anywhere at any time has an issue. Contact us directly.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Yeah, that’s some total BS to not honor a sale because a CC was faster to process. If that’s not the case, my apology.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Yeah, that’s some total BS to not honor a sale because a CC was faster to process. If that’s not the case, my apology.

Where is everyone’s speculation coming from? Am I missing somehting?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well there is the low post count. Just an observation

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Where is everyone’s speculation coming from? Am I missing somehting?

It's the usual carping and whinging because they can. And because the items aren't listed for at least $200 below market value. Plus the willingness to believe, at face value, the posting of a single individual, reporting on a transaction from several years ago, that paints them in the best light and the seller in the worst light, even to the point the buyer felt the need to slam the seller on his Linked In page. Then whining that the seller makes his account private! Really?? In my experience, its rarely the case that late payers are in the right. Especially if they're paying so late the seller has accepted offers from other buyers willing to commit to the sale.

Prices too high? LOL. Then don't buy. Seller clearly stated this is a consignment sale and the consignor is open to offers. Make a fuggin offer or move on and STFU.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by tal35
Well there is the low post count. Just an observation

Balls. I've been here since 2008 and my post count is lower than his. If you're a new guy with a low post count, that's one thing but he's been a member for over a decade. Sorry, some of us have lives and after the unmoderated garbage that gets posted here by many big mouths, its absolutely a disincentive to try to engage in decent conversation. I tried after I first joined and had several aholes get in my crap, denigrating me and the events I was describing so I said the hell with it and went to another forum with better moderation. I'll post when I want to buy or sell something or occasionally ask a question but as for engaging with some of the clowns here, forget it. Sad. Its also part of the generally negative attitude pervasive in this country today. Go on any social media platform and look at the comments on short videos showing how to do something or just doing something and you'll have hundreds of trolls posting in minutes. The guy laying bricks or putting siding up or inspecting a house or BASE jumping off a bridge get fugging buried in aholes commenting how it could have been done better, faster or easier. These trolls never post a video of themselves doing a damn thing but they are the first to criticize. Same as this; no real knowledge of if what the buyer says is true but jump all over the seller. Load of BS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I didn't call you a crawfish, but I did say that you crawfished the deal. You accepted our agreement, and after a week when the check hadn't arrived, I said that I'd send another. That's when you said that some of the items 'might' still be available. That's not paying late...that's crawfishing a deal.

He had a bunch of projectiles listed for sale... I made a deal with him for $2-300 worth of projectiles IIRC. He then told me after a week of not receiving the check that some of them 'might' still be available by the time the new check arrived. I further asked him if that is a decent way to conduct business, especially since he has a degree in business management. He stated that who ever gets money to him first gets the items, and I should have used paypal instead of mailing a check. I told him that I refuse to use paypal as they are anti-gun, and he basically said, tough sheit, so I told him to shred the check if it arrives and that I won't be sending another.

There's no speculation Josh, I've laid out exactly what happened, and you have corroborated it. As I told you back then, an agreement is an oral contract, and payment only seals the deal... at least with Honorable Men.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I would like to publicly apologize to ballistik. I am sorry that 5 years ago you had an issue getting your payment sent in and the items you had wanted were no longer available. Further, I am sorry that i refunded you those items and handled the transaction unfairly.

For everyone else. Thank you for bumping the post and for the post count haters, thank you for helping me get those numbers up...

AS everyone can clearly see the for sale list is dynamic an Il take it get it crossed off the list.

Happy hunting yall... Keep those fingers strong for keyboard commando class....

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Last bump for my post count and the haters....

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Is this Larry Root again????

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hanco
Is this Larry Root again????

No idea who or what that is.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Come on boys let’s string that sheister up. We got all the proof we need that he cheated ole Rufus and ya’ll know Rufus is one of us and has over 2000 posts. You can’t trust nobody with a low post count to come into this town and try sellin prolly bad or stolen guns. Get ‘em boys and we’ll put stop to this.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
How much does seller keep on a consignment deal??

When dealers came to look at a deceased friend’s collection, they offered 30 to 40% of retail value, tried to fuuck the widow

Last edited by hanco; 02/21/23.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Woodpecker
Come on boys let’s string that sheister up. We got all the proof we need that he cheated ole Rufus and ya’ll know Rufus is one of us and has over 2000 posts. You can’t trust nobody with a low post count to come into this town and try sellin prolly bad or stolen guns. Get ‘em boys and we’ll put stop to this.

HHAHAAHAHA I love this!!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hanco
How much does seller keep on a consignment deal??

When dealers came to look at a deceased friend collection, they offered 30 to 40% of retail value, tried to fuuck the widow

We take a 7% commission on the sale. 70% would be nice....but I have moral's...

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Got my rifle from you today, thanks for a good deal and excellant communication!

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Op. Nice collection...glws

Hammer down!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I bought a rifle from him. No problems whatsoever , rifle was as described and he shipped it quick. Would have no problem buying from him again

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
We take a 7% commission on the sale.

That's the lowest commission that I've heard of on a consignment sale. Most dealers take 20-30% or even more.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.