Tax dollars at work?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cs2blue
As long as LEO's are human beings and therefore imperfect, our work product will always imperfect. I am retired now, 34 years total. Looking back i cannot believe the things I experienced. I still believe that dealing with the public often under terrible circumstances was at times very difficult and sometimes humorous. But, with all that factored in, I would do it again. it was a roller coaster ride every day.

Since LE are just human beings then it appears to be a good idea to curtail the special priveleges and exemptions.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If that woman had been a Mexican wetback, fresh across the border, she'd have been given the royal treatment at the hospital, money no object.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KPD sucks, take my word for it. Ft Sanders used to be a good hospital, but it is terrible now. The Ft Sanders area is nasty also. Don't go around there at night you'll get mugged. UT medical center, and Parkwest hospital are the only decent ones around the area.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you have to stay in the hospital for anything serious you better have family or friends staying with you. If not the nurses will bs with each other while your 02 level is in the 70's, and alarms going off in the room. The one that took care of my dad the day he died was great. The rest of them were useless for the 3 weeks he was hospitalized

Romans 5:1
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Some people are bad at their job and/or really stupid. Leadership is usually beyond feckless.

How many thousands of interactions went the exact opposite way across the country that same day? You'll never know, because nobody would get worked up over the good schiet.

I can't count how many nutters or old dementia addled folks I've begged and pleaded with over the years, instead of throwing them on their face and hauling them off....

News flash, due to Mikey Brown and Saint Floyd, nobody that would be good at the job applies anymore. It will only get worse....waaaay worse.

Can you point us to any other occupations that:

1) gets lauded for living up to advertised claims
2) is allowed to force themselves on others

Looks like the news flash causing the change in public perception is the prevalence of video recording devices.

Doctors. No other profession (besides politicians) can kill 200k people a year via malpractice and come out on top.....and 200k is slow year. Sometimes it's north of 500k. But I bet you trust your doc lol lol.

Truth is, some people in any profession make mistakes, makes bad decisions, or are just plain bad people. Welcome to reality. If this is going on at your local department, do something about it, dont just sit by and let it continue.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/01/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
If you have to stay in the hospital for anything serious you better have family or friends staying with you. If not the nurses will bs with each other while your 02 level is in the 70's, and alarms going off in the room. The one that took care of my dad the day he died was great. The rest of them were useless for the 3 weeks he was hospitalized
About every other night is a friggin pizza party at midnight. Takes 45 mins to a nurse to come answer a call button.
Foucking Iv machine all wonky, or empty, or low batt alarms going on for an hour straight like a McDonalds french fry beeper.

Got to where I just learned how to reset or disable the machine myself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Some people are bad at their job and/or really stupid. Leadership is usually beyond feckless.

How many thousands of interactions went the exact opposite way across the country that same day? You'll never know, because nobody would get worked up over the good schiet.

I can't count how many nutters or old dementia addled folks I've begged and pleaded with over the years, instead of throwing them on their face and hauling them off....

News flash, due to Mikey Brown and Saint Floyd, nobody that would be good at the job applies anymore. It will only get worse....waaaay worse.

Can you point us to any other occupations that:

1) gets lauded for living up to advertised claims
2) is allowed to force themselves on others

Looks like the news flash causing the change in public perception is the prevalence of video recording devices.

Doctors. No other profession (besides politicians) can kill 200k people a year via malpractice and come out on top.....and 200k is slow year. Sometimes it's north of 500k. But I bet you trust your doc lol lol.

Truth is, some people in any profession make mistakes, makes bad decisions, or are just plain bad people. Welcome to reality. If this is going on at your local department, do something about it, dont just sit by and let it continue.

Lol you didn't answer either question.

Doctors don't get the hero worship LE demand, particularly when they do wrong.

Doctors generally aren't running around forcing themselves on people.

Doctors get sued all the time for mistakes and the last few years have gained the medical profession quite a lot of negative attention in much the same way cell phone and other recording devices have gained LE.

Most of the crap LE make the news for aren't mistakes.

Would be a plus to have LE have to carry professional insurance though which would dramatically cut down on repeat "mistakes".

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes, doctors are worshipped, even when they lie to everyone for years.

Doctors aren't required to wear body-worn cameras that record their every move their entire shift. Can you imagine the crazy schiet we'd find out if they did?

Cops get sued all the time.

Get off your high horse boomer. We get it, police officers are all evil and the worst people ever. (Who knows, maybe they are in a schiethole like Kentucky)

Now listen to yer Dr. and get another covtard booster.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/01/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Doctors aren't required to wear body-worn cameras that record their every move their entire shift. Can you imagine the crazy schiet we'd find out if they did?

Get off your high horse boomer. We get it, police officers are all evil and the worst people ever. (Who knows, maybe they are in a schiethole like Kentucky)

Lol no they aren't worshipped and they burned a lot of bridges in the last few years.

Once again. I don't recall doctors seeking out people and forcing an interaction.

Tax payers get sued all the time, individual LE not souch thanks to qualified immunity. If individual LE started getting sued most of the "mistakes" would cease.

Not a boomer and never said all cops.

Lol did you just bring up the clot shot? You sure you wanna do that? Who would have been enforcing the covid shots? What's the response to that going to be? Something like a waitress tripped and spilled food while bringing it out? Lol

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Lol no they aren't worshipped and they burned a lot of bridges in the last few years.

Once again. I don't recall doctors seeking out people and forcing an interaction.

Tax payers get sued all the time, individual LE not souch thanks to qualified immunity. If individual LE started getting sued most of the "mistakes" would cease.

Lol did you just bring up the clot shot? You sure you wanna do that? Who would have been enforcing the covid shots? What's the response to that going to be? Something like a waitress tripped and spilled food while bringing it out? Lol

it's always fun to watch people use the term "qualified immunity" when they have no idea of its actual meaning or implications.
hell, individual cops, even those with QI get sued all the time. QI only comes into play when actions are within policies and guidelines of the agency. Drs. in this country are the professional group that are least held liable for their actions of any professional group in the nation.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12

it's always fun to watch people use the term "qualified immunity" when they have no idea of its actual meaning or implications.
hell, individual cops, even those with QI get sued all the time. QI only comes into play when actions are within policies and guidelines of the agency. Drs. in this country are the professional group that are least held liable for their actions of any professional group in the nation.

Correct.

The problem that stupid people can't seem to understand is that police officers are not robots. They are people. Look at your own job, take a look around. I guarantee you have people you work with that are lazy, stupid, azzholes, liars, etc. Some shouldn't even be employed. The same could be said for any police department, sheriff's office, or state agency.

The problem is that higher ups won't hold people accountable and that only idiots would seek out the job post Saint Floyd going to fentanyl heaven.

Trust me, it will get worse. We have had a guy apply and get hired that didn't know the difference between to, too, and two. Lol.

Cops are sued all the time. For education purposes "Specifically, qualified immunity protects a government official from lawsuits alleging that the official violated a plaintiff's rights, only allowing suits where officials violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right. When determining whether a right was “clearly established,” courts consider whether a hypothetical reasonable official would have known that the defendant’s conduct violated the plaintiff’s rights. Courts conducting this analysis apply the law that was in force at the time of the alleged violation, not the law in effect when the court considers the case."

That is an explanation of qualified immunity from Cornell. It is not a "we can do anything" trump card.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/02/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The problem that stupid people can't seem to understand is that police officers are not robots. They are people. Look at your own job, take a look around. I guarantee you have people you work with that are lazy, stupid, azzholes, liars, etc. Some shouldn't even be employed. The same could be said for any police department, sheriff's office, or state agency.

Not Hardly

The people I worked with and still do part time are All very qualified and very good at what they are paid to do, all of them. If they were not they would not be working with me.

But, then again I don't work for the Government, or work with Union employees, so.....

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was lucky enough to not be named in lawsuit. But I did see others that I worked with be named in a suit. With out Q.I there would not be anyone who would want to be in police work. In 99% of professions just one lawsuit would deter anyone from doing that job ever again. The malpractice insurance is expensive for a reason. Ask any doctor who is paying for it. Police work is not popular anymore and no one wants to do. My agency is do 44 positions on the LE side and 52 on the corrections side. But as always, I invite all the haters to sign up and become the police. Please show us how to do the job. we are hiring! Please commence with the excuses why you will not become the police. Stop whining and step up.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
what's the difference what they did to her than what the did to do saint George, only damn difference is that she's white, if she was black there would be charges on the cops

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Except that doesn't describe QI as JH eventually elaborates on.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Correct.

The problem is that higher ups won't hold people accountable and that only idiots would seek out the job post Saint Floyd going to fentanyl heaven.

Trust me, it will get worse. We have had a guy apply and get hired that didn't know the difference between to, too, and two. Lol.

Cops are sued all the time. For education purposes "Specifically, qualified immunity protects a government official from lawsuits alleging that the official violated a plaintiff's rights, only allowing suits where officials violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right. When determining whether a right was “clearly established,” courts consider whether a hypothetical reasonable official would have known that the defendant’s conduct violated the plaintiff’s rights. Courts conducting this analysis apply the law that was in force at the time of the alleged violation, not the law in effect when the court considers the case."

That is an explanation of qualified immunity from Cornell. It is not a "we can do anything" trump card.

You start out with correct and then copy and paste the Cornell description stating thar isn't correct.

Pretty close considering a recent case granted QI for LE beating a person surrendering on their knees because they couldn't possibly have understood it wasn't a rights violation due to not being like an earlier QI case where a surrendering suspect laid down.

Agreed on higher ups not holding duds accountable.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was lucky enough to not be named in lawsuit. But I did see others that I worked with be named in a suit. With out Q.I there would not be anyone who would want to be in police work. In 99% of professions just one lawsuit would deter anyone from doing that job ever again. The malpractice insurance is expensive for a reason. Ask any doctor who is paying for it. Police work is not popular anymore and no one wants to do. My agency is do 44 positions on the LE side and 52 on the corrections side. But as always, I invite all the haters to sign up and become the police. Please show us how to do the job. we are hiring! Please commence with the excuses why you will not become the police. Stop whining and step up.

So how were there police prior to sCOTUS making up QI in the 1980s?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Remember, what actually happened and what is reported as factual information about the incident are two different things. I place no faith in any news source in today's world to present a factual unbiased report of anything. If you believe what you are seeing on Tv or any other media source, you are a fool. Straight up stupid. As to QI prior to the 1980s? I have no idea, I started my police career in 1987.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

So how were there police prior to sCOTUS making up QI in the 1980s?

i would bet if you actually researched things use of force complaints were FAR, FAR more than they are today.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (16gage, 16penny, 12savage, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 47 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,140
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.