Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is that the diet where ya just sit around and shove wadded up slices of oscar Meyer bologna down your piehole all day?

😂

I know a guy who is all in on this diet. He buys McDonald’s cheeseburgers by the dozen, ditches the bread, and says he’s dieting

Lol

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is that the diet where ya just sit around and shove wadded up slices of oscar Meyer bologna down your piehole all day?

😂

I know a guy who is all in on this diet. He buys McDonald’s cheeseburgers by the dozen, ditches the bread, and says he’s dieting

Lol

He may be. See how it goes for a few months. You can't get around that what you eat is what you are going to be made of. You just can't build a good body with crap materials. His diet so far may be an improvement over the same with bread fries, and milkshake. Maybe he will figure it out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RHClark
It's how I lost all my weight nearly 5 years ago. In 2 years, I dropped from 360 lbs. to 170 lbs. at age 50. I ate all I ever wanted. I was never hungry and after about a month I never felt tired like I would before if I went without eating. At first I ate 3 meals a day but got to IM fasting and eventually reduced to a 2 hour window where I eat every 24 hours. I usually eat around 4pm and stop about 6pm. I naturally reduced how much I ate as I got smaller, but I was never hungry. I had zero sugar, bread, pasta potatoes or rice, and even alcohol for about 2 years.

I cheat a little bit now but If I do I'll even it out with a couple very light eating days or a 48 hour fast. I'm into the fasting thing. I think it does your body better than anything after you get adapted, so you don't have blood sugar issues. When I was big, I couldn't go very long without eating because I had such blood sugar swings. I worked into it a few hours at a time over weeks and I have no weak or hungry effects on a 48 hour fast now. That's just normal work activity. I wouldn't recommend a fast if you are increasing activity. I've tried it and had bad results after 48 hours and 35 miles of cycling. I bonked a little and had to eat and lay down for about 2 hours before I felt human again.

Yes, yes and yes..

I dropped 70 lbs in 3 months.
Most people simply don't have the willpower.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by kenjs1
if only beer.....

Lite beer only has 5 carbs per serving.
Hard liquor has zero.

Yup. One thing I discovered while wandering off the low-carb path now and again, is that my rum has exactly zero effect on my results, with the possible exception of it temporarily interfering with the fat burning while it’s stoking the furnace. Trick is to stop drinking earlier in the evening.

What fresh Hell is this?
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
if only beer.....

Hard liquor has zero.

Did ketp and quit beer started mixing whiskey with water and wow keto works
Low carbs makes me feel better too no fried food except bacon and wings
No bread
Now this new bud light next has my attention as an alternate to whiskey even though I love whiskey
Gotta search the. Some have a few sugars though

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
How does the Keto diet differ from the Atkins Diet?

Nutshell, not much

A Keto diet is Atkins phase one all the time which restricts you to 20 grams or less of total carbs a day, which should put most anyone into ketosis unless their metabolism is really jacked up. In his plan, I think you only do this for a short period and then begin adding carbs back in "phases", until your weight loss stops.....in an attempt to figure out how much of a carb load your body can handle.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kappa8
Climate hoaxsters coming after our food. They also love referencing UN-backed study which lambasted beef.

The keto diet — which counts Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry and Kim Kardashian as celebrity devotees — prioritizes high amounts of fat and low amounts of carbs. The diet was estimated to generate around 6.6 pounds of carbon dioxide for every 1,000 calories consumed.

Why keto & paleo are bad for you...and the world

Ribeye sounds good tonight laugh

6.6 pounds of carbon dioxide? I can't even fathom how stupid you would have to be to believe that was true. Maybe per thousand pounds of meat but even then it's a stretch but for 1000 calories? WTH

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Nutshell, not much

A Keto diet is Atkins phase one all the time which restricts you to 20 grams or less of total carbs a day, which should put most anyone into ketosis unless their metabolism is really jacked up. In his plan, I think you only do this for a short period and then begin adding carbs back in "phases", until your weight loss stops.....in an attempt to figure out how much of a carb load your body can handle.

Yep, wife tried both, son and dil both like keto, so more of an observer. Personally I don’t have a problem losing weight, dropped 20 pounds just by restricting my breakfast to 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 slices of toast instead of a full breakfast, lunch was a light snack and then supper as usual.

Swifty
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
if only beer.....

Hard liquor has zero.

Another great reason to go Keto.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
if only beer.....

Hard liquor has zero.

So whiskey is ok on keto? Sign me the fugg up

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Having lost the remaining shreds of faith in the pharma/medical/profit industry over the last 3 years...I wonder now about the most prescribed drug group in the world...statins. If all the claims are true...the keto, Atkins, South Beach folks should have been dead long ago. WTH?

Your assumption that high fat, high protein, low to no carb diets increase serum lipids is incorrect (for about 85% of the population. The opposite occurs. When you stop eating bread, sugar, simple processed starches and cornsyrup, lipids typically improve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Having lost the remaining shreds of faith in the pharma/medical/profit industry over the last 3 years...I wonder now about the most prescribed drug group in the world...statins. If all the claims are true...the keto, Atkins, South Beach folks should have been dead long ago. WTH?

Your assumption that high fat, high protein, low to no carb diets increase serum lipids is incorrect (for about 85% of the population. The opposite occurs. When you stop eating bread, sugar, simple processed starches and cornsyrup, lipids typically improve.

Mostly true, but triglycerides typically elevate slightly. Numbers are just numbers. What's relevant is levels of inflammation, arterial condition, mental acuity, recovery rates, stamina, etc, etc, etc.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am living in the keto bubble.

It got rid of my high blood pressure and beer belly.. but who cares?

THE WIFE IS BUILT LIKE A MOVIE STAR..

...I would not care if it killed me.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live low carb.
It saved my life.
At 62, I'm in better shape than the 20 year old idiots I work with...🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Moobs 😂😂😂

Seriously though, wish I looked that good.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
keto guys stole it after Dr a died Imo... ... I just loss 50 lbs 7dec 22 to 4 feb23.... thank Dr Atkins...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
if only beer.....

Hard liquor has zero.

So whiskey is ok on keto? Sign me the fugg up
mic ultra 2.6 ...have a few with me !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KillerBee is a keto fan. He does the "snake diet" of putting his body in ketosis. Lots of salty fluid only, no eating.

He says he has lost like 60lbs or so in a shot time......

Once (if) my current medical condition passes, I am going to give the Snake Diet a try.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dr. Sean Baker just eats meat, and makes fun of guys like me who add broccoli to a meal.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Dr. Sean Baker just eats meat, and makes fun of guys like me who add broccoli to a meal.
Chop that broccoli up 45 minutes b4 u eat or add mustard.....super food ..look it up !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,489
Posts18,490,354
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.