Hop To
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Mesa Arizona...

Just above me from the jobsite, I've never seen snow accumulate on the knobs above the edge of town.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The mighty Superstitions got hammered a few miles away.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Relative is at a conference deal in Sedona. Went golfing on Tues. Said they got 8" snow there yesterday.

Another relative up in Flag spent the day keeping his and his neighbors' driveways cleared. He ran out of places to blow the snow. Sent pics this morning. Yesterday's pic showed about a foot of his 4' tall back fence showing. No fence visible in today's pic.

Yesterday:

Today:

Says the 40 is closed across the State again, and 17 coming up from the valley is closed too. They haven't panicked yet, but soon they will if they can't get groceries up there!

Last edited by Valsdad; 03/02/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Been a great winter as far as moisture goes, the lakes have come up fast and will be full soon, even before all the snowpack melts, they will have to release water soon to make room.

I bet this winter will go down in the top 5 all time easy. We sure as hell needed it.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Has there been any recent talk of creating more reservoirs to take advantage of this additional snowfall when it comes? You know, to combat the impending global climate emergency crisis catastrophe drought which is already upon us? You'd think that with such an emergency right here right now, they'd be cutting all red tape and clearing away any bureaucratic and environmental impediments in order to build much-needed reservoirs. No?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Had to cancel our annual fish camp, first time in 40 years of doing it. Middle March because of spring break for the kids. Lake is unfishable, normal campsite is on the other side of a usually mild running Tonto creek, it's a raging river.

Kent

IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by grouseman
Has there been any recent talk of creating more reservoirs to take advantage of this additional snowfall when it comes? You know, to combat the impending global climate emergency crisis catastrophe drought which is already upon us? You'd think that with such an emergency right here right now, they'd be cutting all red tape and clearing away any bureaucratic and environmental impediments in order to build much-needed reservoirs. No?

There was supposed to be another Dam below the 4 chain lakes we have... Ord dam I think... enviroloons got it canceled 30 years ago, would have been less than 5 miles from my house.

Kent

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
we just got back from Wittman , Arizona last Saturday yes there was plenty snow up in the Mountains but i got a heck of a snow surprise here in Minnesota when we returned after 3 weeks down there , yesterday some more snow and prediction is next Tuesday even more snow. i am ready to come back to Arizona !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There's serious discussion of enlarging Bartlett Dam on the Verde, but I don't know off the top of my head how much water they're talking about.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RufusG
There's serious discussion of enlarging Bartlett Dam on the Verde, but I don't know off the top of my head how much water they're talking about.

Rumor I heard was they were going to go downstream a bit or on the otherside of it and build a taller dam, it would back all the way up to horseshoe.

Rumor.

Kent

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.