Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
What if he was field dressing the moose and a grizzly surprised him. No way to say 100% the moose killed the hunter.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If he was killed by a bear, the skull would not by the moose, the bones would have been scattered everywhere and not close together like that picture.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/03/23.

KB

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
What if he was field dressing the moose and a grizzly surprised him. No way to say 100% the moose killed the hunter.

Agree

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KillerBee
If he was killed by a bear, the skull would not by the moose, the bones would have been scattered everywhere and not close together like that picture.

KB
Bears bury their big food sources. I agree a bear was unlikely to have been involved.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Should've had a bigger knife.
Local guy, Gene Moe, was attacked by a Kodiak bear while working on a deer. He stabbed the bear repeatedly with a big Buck knife. When they went back to look for the bear they found it pretty easily, dead from multiple stab wounds.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Local guy, Gene Moe, was attacked by a Kodiak bear while working on a deer. He stabbed the bear repeatedly with a big Buck knife. When they went back to look for the bear they found it pretty easily, dead from multiple stab wounds.

How did Gene make out? Poorly I assume!

KB

KB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

KB
Surprisingly well, 26" scar up the back of one thigh. Multiple bites...

Story goes he showed up at the annual auction where recovered hides are sold and started bidding on his bear. Someone else bid against him. Someone went up to the bidder and told him the o.d man killed that bear with a knife... are you sure you want to piss him off?

It was against the law at the time to do that. Judge threw it out.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

KB

Story goes he showed up at the annual auction where recovered hides are sold and started bidding on his bear. Someone else bid against him. Someone went up to the bidder and told him the o.d man killed that bear with a knife... are you sure you want to piss him off?

It was against the law at the time to do that. Judge threw it out.

WOW Gene was one tough Sunovabeach! Good for him!

KB

KB

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
KB[/quote]

It was against the law at the time to do that. Judge threw it out.[/quote]

That's one old SOB I wouldn't want to tangle with!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gene was in his 60s and retired from years of finishing cement... his nephew Doug was staying at the same lodge but not hunting with him that day. When they brought Gene back to the lodge he insisted on walking up to the lodge so as not to scare Doug...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the story Sitka deer.

I hunted bears for many years, i know first hand how immensely powerful they are.

A real treat to see a man being the victor with a knife!

KB

KB

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

KB
[quote=KillerBee][quote=Sitka deer]

Gene used a Buck 110 folding hunter.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

KB
Bears bury their big food sources. I agree a bear was unlikely to have been involved.

By far agree.

The lack of carnivore evidence was what I thought odd about the image, especially after laying there for 18 years before the image was taken.

Glacier Park is home for Wolverine, Mountain Lions, Grizzly and Black Bear, Wolves and Coyotes and they all leave sign of their presence on and around a kill site.

The skeletal structure of the Moose is pretty intact.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought that same thing…after 18 years the bones are still close together and the rib cage intact still. I was wondering that if during that time period there weren’t a whole lot less of all animals even in Glacier NP? Just my curiosity…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,710
Posts18,534,854
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.