E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I heard Memphis is next !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's a lot of closures. Hey anyone remember shopping malls? Before gangs of feral "youths" took them over you could pick items up in your hands and maybe even try stuff on before buying something.... 40 different flavors of ice cream right next to men's clothing stores. Ah, nostalgia.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Bentonville, Arkansas. 3701 SE Dodson Road
Pinellas Park, Florida. 6900 US Highway 19 North
Homewood, Illinois. 17550 South Halsted Street
Plainfield, Illinois. 12690 South Route 59
Lincolnwood, Illinois. 840 N. McCormick Boulevard
Albuquerque, New Mexico. 301 San Mateo Boulevard SE
Portland, Oregon. 1123 N. Hayden Meadows Drive
Portland, Oregon. 4200 SE 82nd Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 10330 W. Silver Spring Drive

All of the above stores are being closed this year. https://www.entrepreneur.com/business-news/walmart-is-closing-9-stores-in-the-us-see-the-list/446458

Most are blue [bleep] holes. All of the IL locations are Chicago area. FL location is Tampa Bay.

Lack of law enforcement, no doubt about it.
That's only a partial list. The WSJ reports that Walmart is closing 154 stores across the US and PR.

STORE CLOSURES

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to note on the two stores in Portland shutting. One is on Hayden Island. It's close to but not IN a black majority area. As someone posted earlier it is used a lot by folks from across the river in Washington to avoid sales tax. The other one in SE Portland is in one of the seedier parts of town, but as far as I've seen that area is mainly low income white.

Both areas are in areas with rampant homeless camps. Haven't been to SE Portland in a while, but the area near Hayden Island (Delta Park - former Vanport) is just covered in tens and garbage. Probably true about the SE area, too.

Suspect that is the reason for the theft along with the Soros DA and POS government in PDX.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The reason they gave for closing one of the Tulsa OK stores was "plumbing problems".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Walmart is just the Canary in the coal mine. No retail outlets will remain in areas like Portland.

Once Walmart shuts down, all the theft it was experiencing will move to another business until it pulls stakes too.

Basically, all of the Blue cities will be eaten by the human equivalent of locusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walgreens has closed stores in high theft areas

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Walmart is just the Canary in the coal mine. No retail outlets will remain in areas like Portland.

Once Walmart shuts down, all the theft it was experiencing will move to another business until it pulls stakes too.

Basically, all of the Blue cities will be eaten by the human equivalent of locusts.

Can't happen quick enough but exactly what needs to happen. Corporate woke fugs will really get woke...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

All of the above stores are being closed this year. https://www.entrepreneur.com/business-news/walmart-is-closing-9-stores-in-the-us-see-the-list/446458

Most are blue [bleep] holes. All of the IL locations are Chicago area. FL location is Tampa Bay.

That's only a partial list. The WSJ reports that Walmart is closing 154 stores across the US and PR.

STORE CLOSURES

Good post rock chuck, what are the odds everyone of those stores are located in a bluechit hole?

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/04/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I do probably 95% of my grocery shopping at Walmart. The other 5% at COSTCO and only for certain items I cannot get at Wallyworld. I do not use the self serve system preferring to stand in line, talk gto the nice (?) ladies at the register and move on. A few have asked me why I'm not using the self serve lines and I say, "The day I have to check out my own groceries Walmart will damn well have to pay me a living wage. Those things are putting you job at stake so in essence I'm trying to save your job for you." I don't get asked that much anymore unless it's a newbie running the register.

Dunno what the theft rate is at my store but I'm thinking it must be really high. Go there on a weekend and half of Sonora Mexico is there shopping. They're lined up at the self check and counters with two and three carts loaded to the gills. It's so noisy you can't hear yourself think. Go in on Monday and the shelves are bare. I'd say a good half of Nogales Sonora is at that store. I kind of wish Wallyworld would open a store in Nogales Arizona to take up the load. Probably never happen. The store usually has two sheriffs deputies on hand and I've seen as many as four on the weekend. They seem to be quite busy.

I don't see an end coming to that store any time soon.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i went to walmart to buy a flashlight .havnt bought one in years .WM use to have open racks of them .. now they locked up in a case and you have to spend 20 minuits finding someone with a key ....flashlights .....,that crazy , this in Lexington Kentucky .. who steals eniugh flashlights to cause this? ,,,crazy

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

STORE CLOSURES

Good post rock chuck, what are the odds everyone of those stores are located in a bluechit hole?
Walmart makes money almost everywhere they build. If these stores are losing money, something's wrong and I'm betting that they're losing it to theft and vandalism. Also, walk through any homeless camp and count the stolen shopping carts. Those things probably cost over $200 each. The cost of replacing them is exorbitant.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sounds about right.

Can't happen quick enough but exactly what needs to happen. Corporate woke fugs will really get woke...mb

That’s wishful thinking.

I’m not sure anything will shock them back into reality at this point. If there was, it would have happened.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

STORE CLOSURES

Walmart makes money almost everywhere they build. If these stores are losing money, something's wrong and I'm betting that they're losing it to theft and vandalism. Also, walk through any homeless camp and count the stolen shopping carts. Those things probably cost over $200 each. The cost of replacing them is exorbitant.

There’s no way a Chinese made shopping cart costs $200 wholesale to Walmart

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rem shooter
i went to walmart to buy a flashlight .havnt bought one in years .WM use to have open racks of them .. now they locked up in a case and you have to spend 20 minuits finding someone with a key ....flashlights .....,that crazy , this in Lexington Kentucky .. who steals eniugh flashlights to cause this? ,,,crazy

Kodiak keeps them locked up too and i don't think retail theft is huge here

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That's probably store policy.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not wishfull thinking. Happening right now, if they have to close down a 154 stores where theft loss is threatening their corporate wide profit it is working. Normal store strategy is to blow smoke up their customers asses and tell the customers prices are rising as a result of increasing wholesale, they don't tell a normal customer we're increasing our price to cover our theft loss or they just do it. Big chain like Walmart starts having price difference between stores that gets out in a hurry. No it is so advanced they are closing 154 stores in bluchit holes where they have very serious theft loss that equals or exceeds the profit on that store. Judging by the stores on that list most are in bluchit hole states too . It takes bigger people than the woke chitheads Walmart has running their stories and corporate structure to admit that self check out is increasing theft loss. They probably thought they could save money with fewer cashiers by self check out and not big enough to admit they were wrong on that too. See it anyway you want 154 stores shut down is a major capitol loss in their infrastructure...mb

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Yep let’er burn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
If the Walmart isn't open - how will I know which section of town to avoid?

They could build one of them sumbitches in the middle of the nicest city in this country and within 24 hours it will be inhabited by dirtbags. My wife is forbidden to set foot on the property of one.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,881
Posts18,518,198
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.