Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I've seen red dots mounted on the little pistols, but have no idea what was used.
Options, please?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HollySin 507C X2's,for me. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I drive straight 'dot,no outer reticle and flog on 'em without fhuqking mercy. Seldom are they dry. Hint.

Plum fhuqking AMAZING. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
My question concerned mounting options, more than the sights. Do they need to be D&T'd?
My son has mine, and I don't remember.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lotsa' ways to skin that cat,but I always start at the azzhole. Hint.(grin)

22/45 LITE's come D&T'd and multiple MKII's do too,but it's an aged lineage,with LOTSA forks in the road. Worst comes to worst,I'd grab a short piece of Weaver or 1913 rail,D&T...then run the bitch. NOTHING to it. Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a vortex venom? have to look in the safe to confirm. I mounted it using a base that uses the rear sight dovetail. I haven’t shot it a ton so I’m not fully trained on it but it shoots well. I just need to spend some more time with it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
HollySin 507C X2's,for me. Hint.

Any preference red vs green?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The rear sight Dovetail Notch Goat Fhuqk,is a Frail Fhuqker and is for Play,not KEEPS. Hint.

You WANT The Real Deal. Hint.

I want RED,due to battery life. My CT lasers are flavored same and the "flukes" are nil. Hint.............(grin)

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Mark IIs came in many variations, but 95+% of them were not drilled and tapped for a rail. The new ones are all D&T'd and come with a reversible rail section with ejection port cutout at a different location on either side (more fore or aft option). On your Mark II, the upper is the serialized component and considered the "firearm" by the ATF, just a bit of trivia for you. The simplest option without drilling and tapping is a rear sight dovetail mount. Look at EGW gun website for example. I am not commenting on their "awesomeness" or toughness, just their convenience.

[Linked Image]

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could a fellow use the EGW and have it drilled and tapped in the bottom of the dovetail? 2 #6 screws through it should be rock solid considering the dovetail supports it on every axis except X.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Could a fellow use the EGW and have it drilled and tapped in the bottom of the dovetail? 2 #6 screws through it should be rock solid considering the dovetail supports it on every axis except X.

Don’t you think the 2 set screws in the dovetail is enough?

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
(3) "answers" in a row and you gals can't share ONE fhuqking empty,that has been fired in same...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I want RED,due to battery life. My CT lasers are flavored same and the "flukes" are nil. Hint.............(grin)

Thanks ...

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Madmaccs D&T.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Don’t you think the 2 set screws in the dovetail is enough?

Probably. Most likely.

But a knock that might slide them wouldn't move a D&T screw.
Unless it sheared.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
If you decide to drill and tap the world is your oyster, too many options to list. I have never seen the Madmaccs mount before 30 seconds ago, they are very slick (no pun intended). BUT they do require at least one D&T'd hole which is factory on all new pistols. I was merely offering a suggestion for a mount using the rear dovetail if the OP did not want to D&T. Hell I used two Weaver mount pieces that I bought at K-Mart in 1987 on a MK II with the 6-7/8" tapered barrel, carried the upper into the store and matched the receiver contour to the bases. Imagine doing that nowadays, not that there are K-Marts around anymore. I shot at least 50,000 rounds through that pistol as a teenager. Anyone remember those green plastic "ammo cans" they used to sell that had 500+ rounds in them? I still have one of those green cans, I store random 22 shorts and shotshells in it 35 years later.

Little dick stick's photo is a dovetail mount on a Browning Buckmark which is at the extreme rear end of upper, the Ruger dovetail is forward of the takedown pin.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Check out Burris Fastfire base #410329 for your Ruger. I put one on a Mark 2 22/45 last year, paired with a Vortex Venom sight. The mount uses the rear dovetail slot, but it is not like the ones above that drift laterally into the slot. The Burris base is radiused to fit the round receiver, and the dovetail key is a separate piece to tighten it down. It seems solid, and it keeps the sight mounted low.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
That Burris looks like a winner.

We deal in lead, friend.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,687
Posts18,494,053
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.