Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18203365 03/04/23
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I walked through a pretty good size gun show today.

"Show" is the perfect name for these events....

A gun "Sale" it's not.....yikes

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Along with most everything else these days gun and ammo prices are pretty inflated along with owner's idea of their value.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Everything’s high. Somehow people are paying what’s demanded. We are living in crazy times.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s starting to soften. Shelves are filled with ammo and the overpriced stuff is starting to gather dust.

The S/D curve still works.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RAS
It’s starting to soften. Shelves are filled with ammo and the overpriced stuff is starting to gather dust.

The S/D curve still works.
Exactly... Gun shows no longer have ridiculous lines extending out in the parking lot, doubling back around into another lane, etc... and everybody freaking out and buying everything they can, no matter what.

The last gun show I went to here in Richmond VA and the raceway? Pffffftttt... Maybe, maybe 20-25 people in line. Prices were decent, including the guy selling beef jerky, and the lady selling those wooden trinkets and puzzles.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Went to the Pasadena show last week. Line of nasty, rude people outside the door, mostly junk on the tables, and outrageous prices on everything.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guns show's are a real waste of time and money. You can find better deals online. Actually deal is the wrong word

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I go to them once in a while, but seldom buy anything. Most prices are nuts.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Lslite
Went to the Pasadena show last week. Line of nasty, rude people outside the door, mostly junk on the tables, and outrageous prices on everything.

Went to a local show yesterday. Got there 20 minutes before it opened. By the time they opened the door the line was way out in the parking lot. Rude folks, mostly younger men, would walk up toward the front of the line a kind of squeeze their way into the line like no one would notice. Winchester 22 magazine marked $110, S&W j- frame grips marked $100. I was there less than an hour. Maybe 1 out of 5 tables had a gun on it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Guns show's are a real waste of time and money. You can find better deals online. Actually deal is the wrong word

They ain't what they used to be, but they are still fun for what they are. I'd rather spend fun money on a gun show than a movie, concert, or sitting there watching someone else play a game.

That said, my LGS provides superior value when it comes to gun related purchases and that's where the real $$$ go.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I haven’t been to one in 20 years, better deals online

Last edited by hanco; 03/05/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If I’m in town and bored, I may stop by. May not.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The Tanner show in Colorado is pretty good. I find things I need and am willing to pay for about every 3rd show. For example, 1700 magnum rifle primers for less than $300 and a 7mm mag for $400. Just ignore the jewelry and trinkets. I include black rifles in the to be ignored category.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I go to one in February each year to renew my NRA membership for the year (not a life member - see first signature line). It is discounted $10, when I turn down the cap, I often get a knife, I can take my receipt to the pay window and they reimburse my entrance fee, then I can take it to the knife sharpener and he will sharpen a knife for free. About the only thing that I buy anymore are boxes of old bullets (they intrigue me) if they are priced to be gone instead of sitting around. I have a couple of firearms that I keep an eye out for, but never find I grow weary of listening to tasers zapping, being looked at like I am personally attacking the 2nd amendment when I pass by all of the different groups that want my money, "urban freedom fighters", and things of that ilk.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My uncle used the shows to “ show” interesting items.

He also bought guns that patrons without tables would bring in.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It’s been a long time since I have gone to a gun show and not been disappointed. I think it’s over 5 years since I’ve gone to one at all.

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Went to a small show in Springfield, TN yesterday afternoon. A mostly friendly bunch of folks, saw a few interesting items. My grandson enjoyed it. Small town USA……

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday morning off to the gunshow again, they have one every 60 days here in Yuma during the winter months. Good crowd, lots of guns. Not so many "junk" tables but they had most of them off in the back of the hall, you could browse guns without being tempted by homemade baked goods or getting your glasses cleaned. Many very nice old lever guns, Winchesters, Ballards, Marlins etc. Quite a few Garands starting at $1800 on up. Of course tables full of EBR's with parts and accessories thereto. Not so many .22's, did see one Remington Model 37, had been used but not Bubba'ed, had original sights and magazine, $1300. Buddy got him down to $1000, then somehow wandered off and bought something else. crazy
I had the money in my pocket and was going to fondle it but I know where that leads to so I didn't. Also passed on a very nice Browning .22 pistol my friend had, almost bought it but thought better of it. Guy had a wall rack full of powder of various types.
There was all sorts of ammo for sale, tables groaning under the weight of it, guys were packing it out by the case. Lots of .22 ammo also but most of it Aquila.
Friend had a table so I sat with him a while, shot the breeze with passersby and some members of the club. A pleasant morning.

Last edited by jnyork; 03/05/23.

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I found two gun shows that are worth the time.

both are only held once a year, the first at the Roulette PA Fire Dept it is not huge but I always find a rifle or two I want and normally come home with one..

the other is at the Blossburg PA Fire Dept and it is twice the size of Roulette's with lots of guns and items.

Last year I went to the Oaks gun show outside of Philadelphia which is billed the biggest in the east but found nothing as a hunter I would want..

Ted
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I went to a small show nearby this morning, wasn’t really expecting much. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a synthetic semiauto 12ga as a general purpose rig. Noticed a Franchi Affinity on a rack, tag said $850. I checked it over trying get an idea of what I might offer, as I set it back in the rack the guy behind the table says “I can do $600 on that “. New old stock with the box and shim kit. Tax included but $15 for the NICS check and $3 to get in the door so $618 OTD. That’ll work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 20 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.