Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We went to a local show a few weeks ago, bought nothing.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Most charge admission, to let you shop. The last one I went to, had prices of used above the stores in town. It did have more goofy looking knives from China, than anything else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to a small show a few blocks from my house today.

If it were my show, I’d offer free admission with proof of a shower that morning.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to one this afternoon…

Lots of guns of all types..

Ammo prices coming down.

Lot of $15/50 9mm. Beats $20+

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The only way to buy guns for a decent price at a gun show is either in the parking lot, from individuals, or from small vendors late on the last day.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went to a small show about 20min from my house Fri afternoon. I was bored, figured what the heck, they let vets in free, so why not.
When I say small, I mean small. Got there, there was no line whatsoever. Maybe 30-35 tables and a good third of those were taken up by one guy. ( If you had asked me then I'dve said it was his own personal show!). None-the-less I walked around. Ended up eyeing over the 3 tables of ammo the one guy had. Found 3 boxes of 338 Federal ammo which I promptly scooped up. 1 box of 210NP, the other 2 American Eagle 185gr SPs. $40/box but far less than anything that's shown up on GB.
Same guy had 2 Marlin 336SCs that I fondled. $900 each for molested waffle-tops. Thankfully neither was a 32 Special, or I might have thought twice about it.
Other than that, I saw nothing else of interest. And like most shows, the vendors were pretty proud of their wares.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I forgot to mention in my earlier post (page 1)....

I don't want to get in trouble with anyone on 24hrcampfire, mods, admin, etc... but I did (as always) keep my eyes focused on the surroundings, because as you all know - you just never know.

Anyway, this was just a common gun show in Richmond, Virginia. Always held at RIR (the big NASCAR racetrack) in the local attached buildings nearby. Lots of regular folks in the crowd. Lots of old grandpa's (I know - I'm one of them nowadays, oldest grandchild is only 4, the others are toddlers and tiny babies). But then again, I noticed something that really set me on edge...
I noticed "Da Brutha's" strolling in off the street. Baseball hat turned sideways, pants dragging down, showing their underwear (you get the description). They weren't interested in used Glocks or used .38 specials or whatever. What they seemed to be interested in were the booths with the guys with knives, hatchets, Ninja stars, etc... Kind of made me go, "Whoa.... is this the new trick out there in the 'hood? No more busting caps in someone's a$$, but now slicing and dicing someone up?" shocked

Last edited by ButchA61; 03/05/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
If it were my show, I’d offer free admission with proof of a shower that morning.

Some of those dudes are likely posters here.

I wonder about who’s who here quite often.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Went to one this afternoon…

Lots of guns of all types..

Ammo prices coming down.

Lot of $15/50 9mm. Beats $20+

Powder coming down yet?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by SKane

Some of those dudes are likely posters here.

I wonder about who’s who here quite often.

I agree, with this place... I know I'm not that well known and don't have 45,000+ posts to my name under my avatar, but I am who I am. Just a regular guy, retired "Coastie" just trying to do my best with what I got. I don't go out of my way to ridicule others, as that is kind of rude. I attend gun shows whenever they come around, if I'm not busy, and see what I see. I might buy, I might not. Don't need much, but am always looking for .223, .45ACP, .308, 12ga.

IC B3

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
It’s not hard to find a deal at a show. Lots of the smaller vendors will accept a decent cash offer. Being polite usually helps. Any real “steals” will usually be snatched up by the other dealers before the show opens. Still, buying online today often means paying tax, shipping and a transfer fee. That brings show prices right back into play. One thing I’ve noticed is that nice blue/walnut rifles seem to be getting scarce. I guess the demand for them was a little greater than most of us thought.

It’s also kind of funny to hear folks complain about gun shows, but admit they’ve not been to one in years!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I walked through a pretty good size gun show today.

"Show" is the perfect name for these events....

A gun "Sale" it's not.....yikes

Gun show pricing was inflated 20+ yrs ago

Went to one twice.........

The first & last time

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 53 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,398
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.