Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by memtb
Wow, pretty aggressive remark there ……even for a computer cowboy! However, all of your professed exploits are very questionable…..when your ineptness and total lack of understanding about terminal performance indicates otherwise!

You should be OK though, as I understand that the Good Lord takes care of drunks and fools…..you may be overly qualified for assistance!

However, you are entertaining….continue my good man! Gee, I hope that I didn’t misgender! memtb

You have a habit on not keeping up. Carry on, mumb lee

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think you guys are right. More than 400 grains would be better. But I’d still select cast over jacketed. If I were to use jacketed I’d look at a heavily constructed bullet.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
John, I had posted and since deleted a comment, which would have been improper and less than civil! You continue to believe what you wish, as logic and physics mean little in the basis of your opinion!

I do however have a question……what type of shotgun and what was the shell type that was carried by your guide as his/her client back-up firearm! Also, please disclose the guides name…..should I ever have a guided bear hunt! Thanks memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/05/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
John, I had posted and since deleted a comment, which would have been improper and less than civil! You continue to believe what you wish, as logic and physics mean little in the basis of your opinion!

I do however have a question……what type of shotgun and what was the shell type that was carried by your guide as his/her client back-up firearm! Also, please disclose the guides name…..should I ever have a guided bear hunt! Thanks memtb

Bugger, if this was in reference to my 45-70 comment……both firearms mentioned will be using my cast bullets. I use “only” cast in my larger bore, slow movers! I reserve expanding bullets for others that step a bit faster! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

For you, I recommend you carry a sharp stick as you prefer to poke and provoke.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by johnn
Soooooo, no one is gonna choose a semi auto 10 mm over the big bore rifles!

Though, I surprised that no one choose one of the big bore revolvers. Easier to carry than the rifle as it can be on person at all times while working around camp, ect., faster follow up shots if you have time for a follow up shot than a bolt gun. Though a double rifle would be faster than all others…..for two shots. And….the big bore revolvers out penetrated most of the rifles. Penetration is a nice thing to have on a large animal….more penetration generally means more stuff damaged!

I’d suggest that this test shows the big bore revolvers can hold their on and certainly be effective in a defense situation. Perhaps even superior in some situations! memtb

Considering the 4 "P's", if one cant get the first one right, the other 3 dont matter, and generally speaking pistols/revolvers are the most difficult to shoot quickly with good placement.

So, your recommendations would be…..do not resist fate, embrace the inevitable that you will be bear scat? Some folks would prefer to attempt survival! memtb

Haha, bears gotta make a living too... read previous post.

John, My apologies….I missed that post! However, I fervently disagree with a long gun for a stopping/defense firearm…..unless it is in hand at all times! Easily done if only hunting/hiking, ect.…..impractical perhaps impossible when doing other outdoor activities! 😉 me

Ooppsie

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

A nice, witty response…..but, you have avoided answering the question! I suspect that if truth is involved in your answer….it may not support your position on this topic! memtb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

A nice, witty response…..but, you have avoided answering the question! I suspect that if truth is involved in your answer….it may not support your position on this topic! memtb

I HAVE SAID MULTIPLE TIMES CARRY WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND YOUR SITUATION! Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Would you venture to agree that situations vary and not everyone is competent with the same firearm as someone else?
Geez man, you just want to argue and poke...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Brokedick Window Licking Google Gals,are a fhuqking riot and Joan wins The Retard Tournament...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Scatterguns are for Beaks and Feathers. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You Brokedick Window Licking Google Gals,are a fhuqking riot and Joan wins The Retard Tournament...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Scatterguns are for Beaks and Feathers. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Haha, you and your 17 shots and the bear still walked.... that says it all...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joan,

You are welcome to any/all Delusions you can concoct,as you obliviously quantify that STUPIDITY isn't a "secret advantage",despite your schlepping it everywhere...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Haha, bear walker now posting boo pics, hoping to impress, non plussed, I've seen it all..

Practice aiming..... its amazing... I hear dry firing can help..

Keep trying, i will check in later, got schit to do and can't sit by the computer all day waiting on you... grins

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joan,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" and dry fire. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
👍 Yep…..should’ve never called you out on your choice of firearms/ammunition! You have a nice day….ya here! 😉 memtb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
So disappointed in you stickbug, gone all day and hoping for something new, but alas, samo, samo, pics and rhetoric we have all seen heard countless times..

You get a BIG F for new content, and a B- for copy & paste...

But hey, keep trying lil buddy, I'm rooting for ya...
Grins...!

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
For a guy with less than a thousand posts, you sure are a mouthy person. Where is Garden Island, New Jersey?

Molon Labe
M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
For a guy with less than a thousand posts, you sure are a mouthy person. Where is Garden Island, New Jersey?

That was my guess! There was lots of evidence indicating that region! memtb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I believe Garden island is somewhere here in Fairbanks.

Last edited by T_Inman; 03/06/23.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

That's news. I guess I didn't realize the amount of post was required to call someone out. Seems many have been doing it for years. But maybe they have the required number of posts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This was a bear stopping thread originally.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (325wsm1, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.