Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It suggests to me that the financial world has pretty strong faith in Jerome killing inflation pretty quickly.

I’m not sure he’s going to be as successful as they think. Food and commodity inflation are going to be significant and entrenched.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bucke up, it might be a bumpy ride.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Inflation, %6.4?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Inflation, %6.4?

You can only hope that inflation is below 10%.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The last 8 times the yield curve inverted this much, there was a recession within months. Inflation is insidious. But you have people like Pocahontas screaming for political points that unemployment may rise. She acts like a savior for 2 million people that may lose their jobs but doesn't give a schit about 350 million losing 10% of their buying power. Typical Democrat retard who can't think systemically.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dutch
It suggests to me that the financial world has pretty strong faith in Jerome killing inflation pretty quickly.

I’m not sure he’s going to be as successful as they think. Food and commodity inflation are going to be significant and entrenched.

Powell really hasn’t said anything different than previously.

I think you’re right about food and commodities inflation being with us for a long while.

The lag time of cause (rate rise) and effect isn’t immediate.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The people who are pushing the message that everything's going to be fine as soon as possible are the brokerages and fund managers because they make a lot more money when there's a bull market. And they're pitching their hype to stock market crack addicts that buy the dip every time without exception. Problem is that prevents capitulation and drags the bear market out even longer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mortgage applications at 28-year low

The markets have held up better than I would have thought and inflation is proving tougher to control than the Fed expected. I'm bearish but wouldn't be surprised if the government actually lets inflation run higher for longer instead of interest rates.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Mortgage applications at 28-year low

The markets have held up better than I would have thought and inflation is proving tougher to control than the Fed expected. I'm bearish but wouldn't be surprised if the government actually lets inflation run higher for longer instead of interest rates.

The markets believe Powell will just make inflation go away with interest.

I find that a poorly supported belief. The last Great Inflation didn’t just happen out of the blue. The cost of energy tripled overnight, and prices were off to the races.

This time, Covidiocy provided the shock, but what is really driving prices up today is not the shortage of goods, it’s the shortage of LABOR to make the goods. That labor shortage is pulling labor into manufacturing, away from services. Raising interest rates is going to slow down capital investment, further increasing labor demand, further increasing wages. Particularly in services, as we are now seeing.

In todays inflation scenario, the commodity in short supply is labor, and to address it, capital investment should be increased, not decreased. Yet, we are trying to decrease capital spending by increasing interest rates.

Group think is a thing, even in economics.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I greatly fear the fat is in the fire.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Sure are a lot of government and otherwise caused shortages under this administration right down to toilet paper.
The only shortage we need that would do any good is a shortage of paper for printing money.
They must have a massive warehouse full of that hidden away somewhere.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's not rocket science. Interest rates have to approach inflation rates,maybe exceed them.

When interest rates hit 7-8%, the inflationary dollar should cool.

Tax cuts would help,but we know the commies in charge won't consider it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
It's not rocket science. Interest rates have to approach inflation rates,maybe exceed them.

Tax cuts would increase demand, fueling inflation.

What should be done, and should have been done a LONG time ago, is to restart student loan payments. That would have a significant impact on spending, immediately.

Second, we should increase labor availability. Active, regular reviews of disability status and other welfare programs prone to abuse. Limit student loans to no more than the annual average income in the chosen field. Remove the tax penalty for working while on SS.

Lots of ways to increase supply of labor and decrease spending that would be good for this country.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
A slow steady increase of 2-3 points over the past 4-5 years would have done wonders.

FJB & FJT
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X

What should be done, and should have been done a LONG time ago, is to restart student loan payments. That would have a significant impact on spending, immediately.

Second, we should increase labor availability. Active, regular reviews of disability status and other welfare programs prone to abuse. Limit student loans to no more than the annual average income in the chosen field. Remove the tax penalty for working while on SS.

Lots of ways to increase supply of labor and decrease spending that would be good for this country.

Words of truth in the above statement!
Best common sense statement on this forum in a LONG time.

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
America was emerging from a stagnant and inflationary period during Richard Nixon's presidency. And, it somewhat stabilized during Jery Ford's presidency. But, it fell off the map with Jimmy Carter. I see the same thing happening again right now. Joe Biden is a token president only. His staff and the cryin' chucky schumer are running America and we see the results. If we don't get another Ronald Reagan in 2024 America is done.

For you folks who live in a blue State I'm sorry for your plight but you are screwed. You may never see an honest election again. America may never see an honest election again if the democRATs have their way. They are holding up pretty well for a party that is getting desperate to survive.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

A liberal talking point. Historically, tax cuts have never driven inflation. Government spending/fed printing drive inflation.

The great Art Laffer said, "raise interest rates,cut taxes, melt inflation." He did it in the late 70's/early 80's with Reagan.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Yep.

“Too much money chasing too few goods. Can’t really destroy money that’s already been printed, so the other way to take it out of circulation is making folks pay their debts, rather than buying “toys”, and keep taxes where they are, for the time being (unless it’s something that stimulates someone to get off their azz and start working).

Folks feeling a NEED to work (rather than sitting around and spending stimulus money on the internet or living off their parents), would definitely help..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana338
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Inflation, %6.4?

You can only hope that inflation is below 10%.

Inflation is way above 10% at this point.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,503
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.