Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Huntz
Ayoob has never been in a gunfight, he has never faced arrest for defending himself with a gun, and he has never dealt with real crime. He is a spectator. If you're thinking of following his advice, remember this: if he represented someone in court, he would be charged with a felony: practicing law without a license.
https://www.personaldefenseworld.com › 2016 › 02 ›

He is also the foremost authority on lawful,use of deadly force in the country. When I attended his Deadly Force Instructor course, there were no less than six attorneys in attendance. One had been practicing over thirty years. They all said the same thing: they cannot get the training he offers in law school. His classes are also accepted as continuing legal education for practicing attorneys.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
His Mag 40 classes are excellent. No matter how much you think you know you will learn a lot.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Better carry a fly rod while wearing that vest. Just to confuse da bad guys.

🦫

What if you are in W TX?

Just look natural and confused.

Should be fine.

Lol

🦫

Copy and noted.

Thanks in advance!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ayoob has never been in a gunfight, he has never faced arrest for defending himself with a gun, and he has never dealt with real crime. He is a spectator. If you're thinking of following his advice, remember this: if he represented someone in court, he would be charged with a felony: practicing law without a license.

His advanced stressfire class didn't suck. If you want to get reps drawing and firing fast, 2k rounds in 2 days will get you the reps.

I've not done any LFI "law" classes and don't care to.

Like most classes, what you get out greatly depends on what you put in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And he drops the F bomb too much. It's annoying. And I'm not one to be overly sensitive about language. It comes across as trying too hard to be tough

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I think he's effin goofy, & know he's never been in a gunfight. But some of his theories are relevant IMO.

As relevant maybe, as a hundred or more Youtube warriors that have come along since him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dude270
I figured he wouldn't be without a backup hairpiece

Yeah, that would be; Ayoob's "NY reload" haircut.

Last edited by night_owl; 03/08/23.

abusus non tollit usum
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Wtf is he looking at? The camera, the table, a wall behind him?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by renegade50
That dude looks like Admiral Akbars brother...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Now that's funny! and accurate.

LOL, yup, I have tried to listen to his dumb ass several times, but I never realized he had a wandering eye. Gunna start calling him 20-20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Though an accomplished shooter it's all theory. Kind of like sparring well at the dojo.

Wasn't it Tyson who said, "everyone's got a plan until they get hit."

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I'll guarantee nobody sneaks up on him from the side.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny schit.

Here he is talking about the vest, saying that there is no evidence or cases where the wearing of the vest caused a "shoot Me First" situation, yet he still pimps the BS that using handloads in your carry gun will get you in big trouble even though there is not a single court case where this happened.

OH, and nice hair, the least you can do there sparky is was that fu*ked taupe.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
\\

yeah but he has made a living as a fake.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Had to go thru the LFI or stress something whatever program back in the early 90's. Awful stuff. Even back then when people really didn't know how to fight at contact range the defensive garbage they proposed would get one severely injured or killed.

Like others have mentioned the guy hasn't any experiance in a real fight or direct action or real civilian self defense actions. He's at best a BS artist who has everyone buffalo'ed into believe he's some sort of real training tactician and legal defense and expert witness. He's not any of those. He likes listening to himself talk. He likes to sound and act like some tough personality. As you can tell I don't have any love for what he doesn't bring to the table.

As far as the IDPA photographer vest pack Mule stuff. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's so 80's it screams something is off if that scrawny guy wearing a weighed down vest is in your area of operation. If a person want to blend you wear a sweated, or better yet a Hoodie and you look urban or like a hipster. You can also use an off body BOBB carry bag that looks like a Ipad carrier and adorn it with Biden stickers, unicorns and rainbow 🌈 decorations and create the lefty democrat look. It's a fast piece of gear that is actually useful and then carry an J-frame IWB.

Anyway, long rant because I can't stand the dude or Kermit the frog, I think he looks like him. I don't wish him ill but his demos and curriculum if one would call it that are pure BS and I truly hope he has a good time wearing his photo vest stuffed with tuna sandwiches in his nursing home and the heat kicked up to 90* to keep him warm.

Last edited by Theoldpinecricker; 03/08/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All those pockets and no condoms or or dental floss.
#unprepared.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
It’s true he’s never been in a gunfight but I seriously wouldn’t want to be in front of him being a threat. He’s testified in probably hundreds of trials where good people have actually killed someone to prove they did exactly the right thing. His writings on deadly force encounters where he breaks down the second by second events are very thorough and informative. I guess there are things about his style that can be distracting but I try to listen or read carefully so I might get something worthwhile out of it. It’s hard to find anyone perfect, I quit trying a long time ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe the harshest criticism of Mr Ayoob centers upon his advice on what to say to the Cops arriving on the scene after a lawful use of deadly force against an assailant.

It’s been years so I forget exactly what it was but it was not “say nothing”.

IIRC the best advice is to let your attorney do all the talking.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RUM7
All those pockets and no condoms or or dental floss.
#unprepared.

He actually mentioned dental flossers when he was emptying his lower right pocket, just before the sandwich. grin

Last edited by NVhntr; 03/08/23.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Met him back in 1979 at the Second Chance National Street combat shoot (bowling.pins) in Central Lake Michigan. He has made a pretty good living at writing about self defense shooting and presentations like that video. He is very articulate, IIRC he is a better shot now than back then. You meet all sorts of crazy people at shoots like that who are gamers and then some. Seems like if I remember right he brought an Ithaca m37 riot gun with a A&W diverter choke device on the gun. That device was supposed to give you a wide flatter pattern. On the unlimited event you had 8 pins on the same table so they were closer together. His figuring was to get 2 pins per shot and a faster time , he did get 2 pins a shot but they were rolling around on the top of the table and to count they had to hit the ground. The tables were 5' wide front to back with the pins set 1' back of the front edge if you didn't hit them square they fell over and rolled around until you knocked them off. Well 38 loads and some 9mm loads didn't quite pack the punch to allways take them off the table either. I borrowed an 1100 with a 10 rd mag using 9 pellet 00 buck loads best time I could run up was 4.5 second on 8 pins about .3 second out of the money. It was interesting but I never needed to go back..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/08/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by OGB

Though an accomplished shooter it's all theory. Kind of like sparring well at the dojo.

Wasn't it Tyson who said, "everyone's got a plan until they get hit."

Yep

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.