Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Higginez
A few.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Saaa—-weeeetttttt old Bassman! The others are ok too. grin

For playing at home, 99% of the time I use a Fender THR30. It sounds great, and the ability to run YouTube on one channel with guitar on the other is really hard to beat.

For real amps, I have a 62-reissue Stapleton Princeton 6G2, and a Tweed Deluxe clone. Both great tube amps.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boss Katana Artist 1x12 combo. Does everything imaginable (and then some). I love mine! laugh

Grab a USB cable, download the drivers, etc.. and of course BTS (Boss Tone Studio), and sit back and get your mind forever to be blown. Every guitar pedal available, every distortion, every delay, etc... type of pedal is found within BTS. Click on it, save it, and voila! There you go... Your Boss Katana will then sound exactly what you wanted it to sound like. cool

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My roommate buddy when we were in our 20's had a Marshall that was bigger than our fridgerator and a les paul.... I had my 5 piece Tama rockstars set up.... neighbors fuggin HATED us lol. Good times.... play some Skynard man 🤘🏻

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hardway
My roommate buddy when we were in our 20's had a Marshall that was bigger than our fridgerator and a les paul.... I had my 5 piece Tama rockstars set up.... neighbors fuggin HATED us lol. Good times.... play some Skynard man 🤘🏻

RAD!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
69 Fender Twin Reverb reissue

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fender Blackface head and cab 1970s use it mostly for pedal
Twin reverb
Peavy Delta Blues 30 watts with a hum in it but works for playing slide and blowing harp .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
69 Fender Twin Reverb reissue

One of the best sounding amps I ever played through was a '67 BF Twin. It was beat to schidt but all original. My Dad's business partner had bought it for his son and was asking me if he'd done good. I had an old SG in my truck and plugged it in. Dad wasn't thrilled at the volume, but MY GOD did it sound good! Clean and buttery is about all I can really say.

Burned up in the Camp Fire.

Tragic.

Last edited by Higginez; 03/08/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife's got a small Fender Blues Junior.
I'm acoustic but the Taylor has a built in pickup if need arises.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A Rivera Quiana 112 combo that I've had for around 20 years; a Mesa 5:25 Express head that I'm trying to sell; a Phaez 18w Daisycutter (a handbuilt Canadian tube amp); and a Fender Superchamp X2 head.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
da Lil' BOSS Katana Air ho making out with my bestest buddy MR. XDM 10mm

and the two gals that keep me company...

Ibanez RGT42DX Black Pearl, I picked her up back in '06 and swapped the pickups out with Steve Vai's Evolution p'up in the bridge & Evo ll in the neck ... sounds exactly like the Jem 7

& of course the new gal PIA

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In 2004 I had a hair to try and teach myself guitar. (I failed) but I had purchased a Jimmie Vaughan Stat and a Reissue Twin Reverb.

When someone who knew what they were doing played it - was damned good to my ears.

I still have desire to learn to play but I also have very short, stubby fingers and no ability. That said - I tend to like a Tele/335 into a Bassman or Tweed Deluxe.

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
JTM60 and JCM2000 TSL100

I've decided to get another cab to make it a full stack, you only live once.

Just a couple of my guitars.

Last edited by killerv; 03/09/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm all acoustic. My Martin's have hookups, but I'm just not interested in an amp.....but I don't do anything professionally. I just play for my own enjoyment.
I attend a couple of "jams" back home but they're acoustic.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Marshall VBA400 tube
Marshall JCM800 Super Bass tube
Hartke H3500
Hartke KB15

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Mostly play acoustic, Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Studio but occasionally break out Ibanez AS-83 deluxe (like a prettier 335), current amp is a Line6 Spider MKV 30W, endless possibilities with lots of presets and I like being able to plug in studio grade headphones to not bother family. I play purely for enjoyment, no performances.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv

Sweet Burst!

Last edited by Higginez; 03/09/23.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am waiting for the weather to stop so I can drive to Sacramento and grab a Marshal DSL40CR used. Might try Sunday...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
In 2004 I had a hair to try and teach myself guitar. (I failed) but I had purchased a Jimmie Vaughan Stat and a Reissue Twin Reverb.

When someone who knew what they were doing played it - was damned good to my ears.

I still have desire to learn to play but I also have very short, stubby fingers and no ability. That said - I tend to like a Tele/335 into a Bassman or Tweed Deluxe.

If I recall correctly, the Jimmie Vaughan model Strats were MIM, but had the TX Special American pickups

At least that’s what he told me when I ran into him in a old Austin Music Store that’s no longer in business several years ago. I have a very early SRV signature series Strat with the same pickups. They sound a lot different than the original 60’s and 70’s Stratocaster pickups, to me. Not bad, just different.
I also met Jimmie again when he was putting his personal Strat and Stevie’s # 1 Strat on display in the TX History Museum in downtown Austin years ago.
He was very nice and cordial both times, though several folks I know that knew him personally said he was a real asswhole.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
A few.

Schwing!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Teal

If I recall correctly, the Jimmie Vaughan model Strats were MIM, but had the TX Special American pickups

At least that’s what he told me when I ran into him in a old Austin Music Store that’s no longer in business several years ago. I have a very early SRV signature series Strat with the same pickups. They sound a lot different than the original 60’s and 70’s Stratocaster pickups, to me. Not bad, just different.
I also met Jimmie again when he was putting his personal Strat and Stevie’s # 1 Strat on display in the TX History Museum in downtown Austin years ago.
He was very nice and cordial both times, though several folks I know that knew him personally said he was a real asswhole.

It's still available from Fender I guess.

Jimmy V Strat

They do list it as:

Tex-Mex single-coil neck and middle pickups (no tone control on middle pickup)
Extra-hot Tex-Mex single-coil bridge pickup

I know they're MIM as Jimmie was really impressed with the Mexican workmanship at the factory down there in some interview I can't find right now lol.

Me

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 673, 18 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.