Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Kinda funny Texans complaining about public land hunting.

Lol

Not the hunting, the use of aerial gunnery by the people setting up the hunt just before the hunt date . There is a good amount of public land, it is just tough hunting. Made even tougher by incompetent administrators.

Welcome to public land hunting...

Lol

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True hunting is not a sure bet but if you had traveled from Texas to where you elk hunted and found dead elk everywhere killed by the game and fish department via helicopters a few days before the season opened how would you feel?

I live in TX. Hogs are an invasive species that most people in TX want eradicated. Elk are a game animal. See the difference? Face it, you got to hunt. You saw the animals you were after. That is a successful hunt. You may not have gotten anything but that is how it goes sometimes. Deal with it don't cry about it.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Lol

Not the hunting, the use of aerial gunnery by the people setting up the hunt just before the hunt date . There is a good amount of public land, it is just tough hunting. Made even tougher by incompetent administrators.
Originally Posted by pointer
Who administered the hunt? Who authorized the ariel gunning? It's quite possible those people/entities are not the same.

And I would be very surprised if the dates of the aerial gunning on a NWS Refuge were not published way in advance.
Published where? And why do you think shooting up the place just before a scheduled draw hunt is a good idea? I had to ask public info for the administrator's name, and if he didn't have to authorize it they could have shot the place up while we were there. Don't you figure before

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
They want the hogs gone, hence they sent in the helicopter hunters to kill as many as possible before the draw hunt participants riled them up. Not to hard to comprehend. They were just throwing the public a bone by letting a few hunters have a chance to mop up the leftovers. Hogs ain't a "hunt", it's pest control.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try being responsible for something in your life instead of whining when others don't organize things properly for you. JFC
But while you're at it... Nominated- best whiny bitch thread of the year smile

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Salty303
Try being responsible for something in your life instead of whining when others don't organize things properly for you. JFC

Gee salty why don't you go fuq yourself. Pointing out a poorly run NWR hunt too much for the short string on your tampon? Oh Canada, keep a stiff upper lip, Trudeau likes em that way. Not sure Palin is right, that you deserve better.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
They want the hogs gone, hence they sent in the helicopter hunters to kill as many as possible before the draw hunt participants riled them up. Not to hard to comprehend. They were just throwing the public a bone by letting a few hunters have a chance to mop up the leftovers. Hogs ain't a "hunt", it's pest control.
The helicopter aerial gunners were not hunters, no they used the hunters to assay the effectiveness of their aerial gunnery.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
The helicopter aerial gunners were not hunters, no they used the hunters to assay the effectiveness of their aerial gunnery.

Texans complaining about public land hunting...lol

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MAC
True hunting is not a sure bet but if you had traveled from Texas to where you elk hunted and found dead elk everywhere killed by the game and fish department via helicopters a few days before the season opened how would you feel?

I live in TX. Hogs are an invasive species that most people in TX want eradicated. Elk are a game animal. See the difference? Face it, you got to hunt. You saw the animals you were after. That is a successful hunt. You may not have gotten anything but that is how it goes sometimes. Deal with it don't cry about it.

What a pissant attitude. Suppose the local ranchers considered elk pests because they are always getting into their hay and carry Brucellosis? So you feel they acted properly and in no way were they wrong in screwing up a hunt in which they had a drawing for, many people spent money on plus travel expenses. You are a government suck up. Biden voter? Go wait for the next Biden schit sandwich and enjoy it, don't dare complain about the taste.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Lol

Lol

Actually you could say this was not actually "public" hunting property. I couldn't go there without the permission of a paid for drawn permit. You could say it was a short term lease. True it is government property and I guess in the end some idiot Biden employee has the last say in who can access. That is unless you are a bird watcher. Or a bicyclist, lots of trails for them, free and anytime.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lol

Lol

Actually you could say this was not actually "public" hunting property. I couldn't go there without the permission of a paid for drawn permit. You could say it was a short term lease. True it is government property and I guess in the end some idiot Biden employee has the last say in who can access. That is unless you are a bird watcher. Or a bicyclist, lots of trails for them, free and anytime.

Ok. Whatever let's you sleep at night.

Ymmv

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Rick, send an email to the refuge manager or call them. Not all refuge managers are hunters or are really even familiar with hunting, as that's not a refuge's primary purpose. You comments/concerns are completely legitimate. You may find the refuge manager concerned and cooperative. You may find that the refuge manager wanted to do it one way, but was forced by another person to do it differently. The NWS is a bureaucracy and sometimes weird things happen. You may find that the manager is a tree-hugging anti-hunting a-hole who needs his boss or congress to tune him up.

My sole call to one of our local refuge managers was pleasant and productive.

I did and asked who was the administrator, they referred me to their website so there I went, got the form to file a complaint and also a public info request for the administrators name and information on all helicopter culling operations. Have not gotten anything yet other than a Nilgai cull hunt in which just before a drawn hunt they shot 50 or so Nilgai. See a trend? Our license fees pay for their entire operation yet they treat us very poorly. All these nitwits that act as if this is just fine are the reason this crap is still happening.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salty303

Gee salty why don't you go fuq yourself. Pointing out a poorly run NWR hunt too much for the short string on your tampon? Oh Canada, keep a stiff upper lip, Trudeau likes em that way. Not sure Palin is right, that you deserve better.

See what I mean? If you would have put 1/4 the effort into checking in to details before going hunting like anyone else would as you did with that lame attempt at nothingness above you would have been good. But whine away I guess its all you got

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Things I'm pissed about as a public land hunter:

Moon

Rain

Gov eradicating an invasive species...

About right?

Ymmv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Moon

Rain

About right?

Ymmv

Private forestry land can come with some unexpected surprises, too.

Like helos dropping herbicide 2 months before elk season opens to kills certain invasive weeds, so the reforestation trees can sink their roots.

Herbicide covering all the foliage has a bitter taste to ungulates. It blows them out of any area that has been sprayed. Animals won’t return until the herbicide has dissipated completely.

It’s a see ya next season thing.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Moon

Rain

About right?

Ymmv

Like helos dropping herbicide 2 months before elk season opens to kills certain invasive weeds, so the reforestation trees can sink their roots.

Herbicide covering all the foliage has a bitter taste to ungulates. It blows them out of any area that has been sprayed. Animals won’t return until the herbicide has dissipated completely.

🦫

So public land?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Moon

Rain

About right?

Ymmv

🦫

So public land?

In a way….You have to apply for a ‘no cost’ permit from the timber company before entering their land.

It’s walk in only, no gas vehicles or electric bikes.

I’d say it’s public.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Moon

Rain

About right?

Ymmv

🦫

So public land?

In a way….You have to apply for a ‘no cost’ permit from the timber company before entering their land.

I’d say it’s public.

🦫

Imagine having to hunt on a hunt...no feeders to be seen.

Must be hard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Moon

Rain

About right?

Ymmv

🦫

So public land?

I’d say it’s public.

🦫

Imagine having to hunt on a hunt...no feeders to be seen.

Must be hard.

You have no idea. 😬

🦫

“Molon Labe”
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC

What a pissant attitude. Suppose the local ranchers considered elk pests because they are always getting into their hay and carry Brucellosis? So you feel they acted properly and in no way were they wrong in screwing up a hunt in which they had a drawing for, many people spent money on plus travel expenses. You are a government suck up. Biden voter? Go wait for the next Biden schit sandwich and enjoy it, don't dare complain about the taste.

You are officially a moron and a punk. Ranchers cannot declare a game species a pest to be eradicated. You need to grow up Child. I will waste no more time on an idiot like you. Have you failed to grasp that NOBODY is in agreement with you.

Bye Bye Fool.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 163bc, 1234, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,995
Posts18,499,956
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.