Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hudge Online Shocked OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Well, does anyone think this will get approved? I say no way Biden allows it, he and half the country think ALnis nothing but a wildlife refuge.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In a fair and just government, the President, the Sierra Club would have no say in the matter...it would be between ConPhil, Dept of Interior's review of the EIS, and eventually the court system. But in the world we live in, I would say that opinions on TikTok will decide the matter. Paris Hilton and the Kardahians may be the final arbiters.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
In a fair and just government, the President, the Sierra Club would have no say in the matter...it would be between ConPhil, Dept of Interior's review of the EIS, and eventually the court system. But in the world we live in, I would say that opinions on TikTok will decide the matter. Paris Hilton and the Kardahians may be the final arbiters.

TFF! and sad.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Back in the day when thousands of Alaskans were waiting for the Gods to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on the TAPS...some researcher did a survey of Federal Court judges...I think it was something like 75% of the judges turned out to be dues paying members of the Sierra Club or Audubon....and never did a single one of the treacherous bastards recuse themselves from any decision. The old story...non Alaskans telling Alaskans how it will be.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's easy to lie about a place nobody goes to, and especially not those who would die within minutes of arrival. I vaguely remember propaganda last week about "mere 40 miles from an enormous and globally critical freshwater lake" -- go ahead, dweeb, try WALKING that 40 miles. Or have the mosquitoes fly you there.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

Hudge Online Shocked OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Honestly, you are probably correct! Sad state of affairs the world is in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hudge
Honestly, you are probably correct! Sad state of affairs the world is in.
I

I remember the delays in the TAPS authorization and finally in a Republican administration, the senate tied in the final vote and VP Spiro Agnew broke the tie. Vehicles and pipe had been stored in AK for three years awaiting approval.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Looks like Biden just gave it the go ahead...surprising!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not official yet, but my fingers are crossed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Behind the scenes I am hearing a lot of contracts are being shuffled to the top of the pile.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a hell of a time explaining to young Alaskans why Willow is important as is current production. They just don't realize that this State cannot raise enough taxes of any kind to support this level of spending should TAPS flow stop. Those of us that experienced $8 oil in the mid 80s can relate...... somewhat.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Also, we’ve been warned about end-of-life of the TAPS for 20 years. It’s really going to happen sooner or later.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are we
Originally Posted by ironbender
Also, we’ve been warned about end-of-life of the TAPS for 20 years. It’s really going to happen sooner or later.
We are well below low-end design capacity.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Hudge Online Shocked OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by North6120
Looks like Biden just gave it the go ahead...surprising!

As Sitka mentioned not yet, but CNN of all places reported it looks like he will approve it. I know last night I saw where no decision was made yet. If he does say yes to it, man those TikTokkers are going to be pissed. I find it funny they protest oil production here, where we have higher standards than most any place in the world for safety, pollution etc. if we stopped all oil production there goes a ton of stuff no longer made. Electronics, certain clothing, the list goes on and on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reclamation is required when the oil stops flowing. big bucks to remove everything, they will forestall that as long as possible.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
We are we
Something like 20%?

I actually meant structural integrity. I think it’s past original projections.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
We are we
Something like 20%?

I actually meant structural integrity. I think it’s past original projections.
46 years is old? That seems like nothing.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Do you remember projected lifetime? 25 years sticks in my alleged mind. Not sure why. 🤷‍♂️

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe that is correct.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,336
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.