-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've said it before. If the prisoner has done something really bad to people, put a little sulfuric acid in his IV. Make the fuquer smoke.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Muffin
I still come back to Oxygen deprivation as the 'all around' method.....

Shut down, interrupt, destroy, sever the CNS and the body 'may' continue to live for a time.....

Obliterate the heart and 'things' may continue to live, for a time....

Both of these with perhaps great pain, anxiety, discomfort, whatever........... not that I care too much, but some do...

However, breathe air that is severely reduced in oxygen, as in just replaced with Nitrogen or some other NON poisonous inert gas, and unconsciousness follows soon, 4-5 minutes, and death very shortly thereafter.......

I know of no reports that suggest that Nitrogen narcosis is 'uncomfortable'.........

It's NOT a poison, near 80% of what we all breathe every breath is Nitrogen...

Available at almost all welding supply shops.... I doubt it has an 'Expiration Date'

Cheaper than most other 'accepted' methods....

Nothing really hazardous to clean up......

Effective for those that want them to die....

Not especially dangerous to administer, minimal protocols needed....

Painless for those that are concerned about them 'suffering'......

In the end Nitrogen does what all the other methods ultimately do, shut off the oxygen, without the mess, pain and suffering............

IMHO
Nitrogen or carbon monoxide, cheap and easily available, extremely effective. No pain involved so no one could claim cruel and unusual punishment BS. Perp would lose consciousness in a brief period, die quickly without fuss and done. No stupid special drugs to source, no complex expensive gear, no assembling firing squads, etc. It's too simple, cheap and easy so it'll never be implemented.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw something on local news the other day that Tennessee is considering reinstating firing squad. Probably never happen.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
10 gauge contact shot to the cranium. Never anything to look at but instant lights out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by DBT
Consciousness in severed heads;

''When Jean-Paul Marat's killer, Charlotte Corday, was executed by guillotine in 1793, a man named Francois le Gros allegedly lifted her head and slapped both cheeks.

Onlookers claimed that Corday's face took on an angry expression and her cheeks became flushed. There are other reports from history of severed heads that seem to have shown signs of consciousness.

Anne Boleyn, for example, apparently tried to speak after being beheaded. But are these stories bogus or is there scientific evidence that the head can remain conscious after it has been separated from the body that sustains it?

In recent years there has been significant interest in what has been called the world's first potential human head transplant. If it were to go ahead – and that is increasingly unlikely – the transplant would push multiple boundaries of science. The most obvious one being how long and whether the head and its contents might survive following removal from its original body.

The brain and all the structures it supplies need oxygen to function (the brain accounts for 20 percent of all oxygen used in the body). Once the blood vessels in the neck are severed, the oxygen supply is halted. Whatever oxygen remains in the blood and tissues after the fatal blow would certainly be there for use, but it wouldn't last long.''

https://www.sciencealert.com/how-lo...lly-remain-conscious-after-being-cut-off

DBT, good post.

I am away from home and my files so can't cite the case, but there was one guillotine execution of a "aristo" physician who was very interested in this question. He asked his students to observe his head when lifted from the basket, and to ask questions which he would answer by blinking once for yes, twice for no. The doctor's severed head was lifted, and he made eye contact with his students as they conversed in this manner for about 20 seconds according to the report. He blinked once to several questions, twice to others.

We know that the brain can stay conscious after decapitation for as long as its stored oxygen supply holds out. Condemned prisoners are fearful prior to the execution, and often hyperventilate. This builds up a higher than normal concentration of blood in the brain, which could keep the brain active for the 20 seconds reported in the guillotined doctor's case.

I may have been taught incorrectly but I just received my EMT certification about a month ago and we were taught that hyperventilating causes alkalosis which decreases cerebral blood flow?

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Hire the Clintons, they are really good at dispatching vermin.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just give them the covid vaccine and trust science

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Load them up with enough fentanyl to kill an elephant, game over

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Eight pages on How To Execute The Condemned...

If I ever get sentenced to death, I hope I get Y'all,
to decide the means of my execution.

I'll end up dying of old age.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
UPDATE: Idaho's legislature has passed a bill allowing the firing squad if no drugs are available for an execution. It passed with veto-proof majorities in both houses. So, the convict who's been sitting on death for for 30 years will finally come to justice in the very near future.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Nothing cruel about firing squads. Death is nearly instaneous. No kicks, no twitches, just WOP! Dead.

Those fellas went to their deaths pretty stoic. The officer at 3:00, someone missed way wide. Don’t think it could have been a deflection.

If they started doing this to every Politician that has committed treason or crimes against our Country they would be shooting them for a year.
And if they ever do start they need to televise it for everyone to see.

High powered rifles are too good for politicians that betray the public trust. For them it should be 12 gauge shotguns from 40 yards with #8 birdshot. Keep shooting till they are gone.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
UPDATE: Idaho's legislature has passed a bill allowing the firing squad if no drugs are available for an execution. It passed with veto-proof majorities in both houses. So, the convict who's been sitting on death for for 30 years will finally come to justice in the very near future.

What will be the excuse this time.
They can not find Ammo for their rifles being used for the Execution of a piece of crap Criminal.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Will it be retroactive affecting convictions / sentences predating passage or will it only apply to those convicted / sentenced after the bill becomes law?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shown here, Idahoans line up in the hallway of the Capitol building to buy lottery tickets for one of the six open positions on the firing squad.

[Linked Image from thumb.spokesman.com]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by rainshot
I read an article once of an interview of a gentleman that is an authority on execution by various methods. According to him it isn't an easy as it might be thought. To be declared dead the heart must stop beating for a period of time and the body doesn't want to die for some reason. Height, weight and many other factors enter into it. Do something wrong and it won't work. I can only think of one failsafe method that works on all sizes and conditions of people. The Guillotine. It's instant as much as can be and effective. Works every time if you get the mechanics right.
That “authority on execution “ is FOS. There has never been a heart, human or animal, that can continue to beat after a lethal dose of potassium. I’ve seen the upper side of 20,000 cardiac surgery cases, and enough K will stop any heart.

I remember seeing potassium used to euthanize dogs in graduate school. unbelievable how quick it kills. Deadliest thing I've seen short of a high velocity bullet to the brain.

Same here. Often in the past executions, it was a triad of drugs — a barbiturate for sleep, a long acting muscle relaxant (Pavulon) for paralysis, and KCL for stopping the heart. Big doses all. Drugs as common as water and almost foolproof.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Per the question about the condemned getting some form of sedative (and i do not vouch for its veracity) the movie about Ted Bundy's execution had the defense attorney telling the Bundy character that he would get a sedative before going to the chair. Also, I do remember reading somewhere that, when done by an experienced hangman, a hanging was the fastest method of killing someone of all the possibilities. When the knot is properly placed and the rope properly oiled, the victim was dead when they hit the end of the rope. For a lighter note, one had to be careful to judge the length of the drop and the weight of the victim which determined the length of the drop. A prisoner in New Mexico (forget the name) was sentenced to hang, but an extensive amount of time passed before sentence was actually carried out, during which time the condemned enjoyed the cooking in the jail, and the hangman did not change the length of the drop for the added body weight. When he hit the end of the drop, his body went straight down and his head bounced out into the street.

Not vouching for anything, just throwing into the argument.

Last edited by deltakid; 03/21/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I recall, Saddam Hussein was decapitated by his hanging, or perhaps it was one of his henchman. Pretty sure that one of those folks lost his head at the end of that short drop.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Believe it was the brother of Saddam. You can most likely still find the vid of Saddam being hung on you tube. He did not lose his head.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
RE: hanging and such....

Good movie... worth a watch

Pierrepoint: The Last hangman

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just give the embalmer a head start on him. Two problems with one solution.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,319
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.