-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For 40+ years, I was primarily a bass player, but since I don't gig anymore, I started concentrating on 6-string.
My little '57 custom deluxe handles the duties around the house very well. It's a magical little amp.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teeder
For 40+ years, I was primarily a bass player, but since I don't gig anymore, I started concentrating on 6-string.
My little '57 custom deluxe handles the duties around the house very well. It's a magical little amp.

[Linked Image]

Nice!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hard to beat those three for playing old school R&R. Now you just need a Telecaster so you can play some Waylon Jennings style CM. 🤠

I play mostly my Strats and Tele’s and occasionally my Gibson 335 ES Model. Got rid of my Les Paul several years ago. They’re just not comfortable to play for me like a Strat or Tele. Always wanted a vintage SG, though, for playing AC/DC tunes and Freebird like Skynyrd.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/10/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the 1970s I had friends in a band that played the northwest tavern circuit [WA, ID, OR, and MT] with Farwest booking.
Those guys knew all the other bands on the circuit.
They were typically booked for a week in each town.
Typical pay was $1200/week.
I only saw the bands when they played Parkers in Seattle, but I had to listen to horror stories about cold weather in Harvard MT.
Each band typically had 2 roadies.

Back then it was a Crown PA amp and Marshall guitar amps.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great post! And the Boss Katana is the closest thing to a tube you'll get.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Teeder

[Linked Image]

Nice!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hard to beat those three for playing old school R&R. Now you just need a Telecaster so you can play some Waylon Jennings style CM. 🤠

I play mostly my Strats and Tele’s and occasionally my Gibson 335 ES Model. Got rid of my Les Paul several years ago. They’re just not comfortable to play for me like a Strat or Tele. Always wanted a vintage SG, though, for playing AC/DC tunes and Freebird like Skynyrd.

Thanks! I have a parts Tele ( still in pieces :D) and a 335 out of sight.
I really didn't mean to start collecting them, but they're kind of like tater chips. crazy

The SG is the most comfortable of all of them. I remember my brother had 2 1963 SG's and they were unbelievable!

Last edited by Teeder; 03/10/23.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JD45
Great post! And the Boss Katana is the closest thing to a tube you'll get.
Amen to that!!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Fender Blues Deluxe, one of the last American made ones from the 90s. I also have an old Princeton Chorus, a Champ, and some weird modeling amp that was given to me. I'm a fan of the old school tube amps mostly, but I don't play much anymore.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
In 2004 I had a hair to try and teach myself guitar. (I failed) but I had purchased a Jimmie Vaughan Stat and a Reissue Twin Reverb.

When someone who knew what they were doing played it - was damned good to my ears.

I still have desire to learn to play but I also have very short, stubby fingers and no ability. That said - I tend to like a Tele/335 into a Bassman or Tweed Deluxe.
If Roy Clark can play so can you.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by drop_point
I have a Fender Blues Deluxe, one of the last American made ones from the 90s. I also have an old Princeton Chorus, a Champ, and some weird modeling amp that was given to me. I'm a fan of the old school tube amps mostly, but I don't play much anymore.

We need to talk. I have a Blues Deluxe Reissue and can't get it set up the way I want.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 8 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.