rapid/irregular heart beat.

You potentially have Stage C-CHF

Are you suddenly waking at night with acute
shortness of breathe?
~Paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea ~

Which can be put down to the respiratory centre
in the brain being less responsive when asleep
so you don't respond to reduced oxygen saturation
as when awake. .allowing higher level of hypoxia.
Also when asleep systemic adrenaline level is lower
which allows a more relaxed myocardium (heart muscle)
hence reduced cardiac output in an already compromised system.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My schitts brown and smells bad, any advice?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
My schitts brown and smells bad, any advice?

AS long as its not black and bloody or pure white with blood, you're good to go!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Ask John Squirms

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So...

Are you a doctor?

A lawyer?

Or just Maser? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You might ought to stop by and get a "pre-need" plan.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, yes, heart failure is one of those things that should be self diagnosed at home using YouTube videos, not an echo at the cardiologist's office.

Left/right, systolic/diastolic it's all in the video.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Yes, yes, heart failure is one of those things that should be self diagnosed at home using YouTube videos

Who cares what great big fat boomers do to themselves? If they want to self diagnose the ailments they've brought on to themselves I say let them have at it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
As soon as I saw the heading I thought heart problems. Been there.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
So...

Are you a doctor?

A lawyer?

Or just Maser? laugh
Hehehe. Or just a POS?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by goalie
Yes, yes, heart failure is one of those things that should be self diagnosed at home using YouTube videos, not an echo at the cardiologist's office.

Left/right, systolic/diastolic it's all in the video.....

I actually self-diagnosed myself. One day after feeding the horses I almost didn't make it back to the house in knee deep snow. 2 days later I was working out and couldn't stay on the machine 2 minutes. This was after constantly doing 20 minutes on it. Instead of ignoring it I went to the ER and a week later had bypass surgery. So, if you feel majorly different get checked. I was elk hunting climbing over the mtns a month before without a problem and then flat on my back.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I thought I was having the same problems a year ago. Went through the whole cariologist / pulmonary detail only to find out I was just getting fat and lazy.

30 lbs over ideal weight. I wasn't terribly fat, but at 56 it was enough to slow me down.

"Was" being the operative word. Since recovering from an injury received shortly afterward I work out 4 or 5 days a week and watch what I eat. Down 15 lbs, muscle tone is coming back and cardio is rocking it. Feeling 100 times better already. 15 lbs more to go and a 5K is in the near future. The kids at work that thought they were catching up with the old man are once again trying to keep up. My horse will appreciate it too, lol.

The fat slob life ain't for me man.

PS: Just a Hunter's cautionary tale is valuable input. Keep an eye on that ticker and get checked if you suspect anything awry.

Last edited by Distridr; 03/10/23.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just got done tearin up some cracker barrel hash brown casserole, chicken fried steak, gravy n biscuits

I can’t breathe

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Distridr
PS: Just a Hunter's cautionary tale is valuable input. Keep an eye on that ticker and get checked if you suspect anything awry.

The message is that simple...don't know where goalie got the idea
of objective diagnosis as opposed to subjective symptoms as listed.

Now fortunately modern polypharmacy can greatly assist in first line
medical management..ACE inhibitors , ARBs , Beta blockers , Aldosterone
Antagonists and diuretics...
but no free lunches, for above meds will toy with electrolytes..so close
monitoring of serum levels.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just got done tearin up some cracker barrel hash brown casserole, chicken fried steak, gravy n biscuits

I can’t breathe

Cracker Barrel is a popular American restaurant chain known for its Southern-style comfort food. Here is some information about the dishes you mentioned:

Hash Brown Casserole: This dish is made with shredded potatoes, cheese, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and seasonings. The ingredients are mixed together and baked until golden brown and crispy on top. It is a popular side dish that pairs well with breakfast foods like eggs and bacon.

Chicken Fried Steak: This is a classic Southern dish that involves coating a tenderized piece of steak in seasoned flour and frying it until crispy and golden brown. It is typically served with a creamy gravy made from pan drippings, milk or cream, and flour.

Gravy n Biscuits: This dish features fluffy, buttery biscuits served with a generous helping of creamy gravy. The gravy is typically made from pan drippings, milk or cream, and flour, and is seasoned with salt, pepper, and herbs.

Together, these dishes make for a hearty and satisfying Southern-style meal. They are popular choices at Cracker Barrel and are enjoyed by many who love comfort food.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The symptoms you have described can have several possible causes. Here are some conditions that may be associated with these symptoms:

Dehydration: Dehydration can cause nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and excess urine. It can also lead to an irregular heart beat. Drinking plenty of water and fluids can help alleviate these symptoms.

Vertigo: Vertigo is a condition that causes dizziness and a feeling of spinning or lightheadedness. It can be caused by inner ear problems or head injuries.

Meniere's disease: Meniere's disease is a disorder of the inner ear that can cause dizziness, nausea, and a feeling of fullness in the ear. It can also cause tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and hearing loss.

Hypoglycemia: Hypoglycemia occurs when blood sugar levels drop too low. It can cause symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, nausea, and rapid heartbeat.

Anxiety: Anxiety can cause symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, rapid heartbeat, and fatigue. It can also lead to excess urination.

It is important to seek medical attention if you experience these symptoms, as they can be a sign of a serious underlying condition. A doctor can perform tests to determine the cause of your symptoms and recommend appropriate treatment.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thought it was a Hillary thread.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Starman….I asked you a question on your hypothermia thread but you must’ve missed it so I’ll kindly ask again on this thread….

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Starman….how many hypothermia cases have you treated? In the field or in a controlled clinical setting?

I don’t think it’s an inappropriate request considering that you are on a technical medical cut & paste mission so the least you can do is give us an idea on the amount of medical experience you have.

Just for a baseline and before we delve into cardiac afflictions we still have unresolved questions on your other medical thread sooo…..how many hypothermia cases have you dealt with?

Thanks.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Distridr

Now fortunately modern polypharmacy can greatly assist in first line
medical management..ACE inhibitors , ARBs , Beta blockers , Aldosterone
Antagonists and diuretics...
but no free lunches, for above meds will toy with electrolytes..so close
monitoring of serum levels.

Dude

If you’re advocating ACE/ARB as first line RAAS agents you’re waaaaay behind the curve.

Time to update your files.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

One of us has taken care of ECMO patients in the ICU without a perfusionist, and the other one is you.

I'm not a fan of Internet medical "experts" that won't discuss their credentials. What are your credentials?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.