Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've heard worse. Mas is okay by me.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What I see ....is a lot of fooking jealousy here !

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cisco1
I think you are mistaken. I think a lot of people just like a good amount comic relief and he is a good subject. Most people don’t take a man with back up books wrapped in zip locks and back up sandwiches with 30 pounds of toiletries in a vest very seriously.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah, it's raining here.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That whole video was satire, right?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HUNTZ - " ... he [Ayoob] has never dealt with real crime. He is a spectator. ...

Isn't Ayoob a sworn Reserve police officer in a New Hampshire city?? If so, he's probably been involved with some real criminals.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mas is good people.

He's always been responsive when I've needed expert help in self-defense cases and been an excellent source of other experts for gun issues.

He is NOT a lawyer. We've disagreed about what to say and when. He was hung up for years on his "magic words", I (and other lawyers) have maintained that "Lawyer please" is the only acceptable answer. I think he's mellowed on the magic words over time.

That said, he's funny as hell over a beer and just a awesome dude.

GE
"

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
If this subject doesn’t bring Ol’Flave out, nothing will 😂

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
HUNTZ - " ... he [Ayoob] has never dealt with real crime. He is a spectator. ...

Isn't Ayoob a sworn Reserve police officer in a New Hampshire city?? If so, he's probably been involved with some real criminals.

L.W.
If my memory serves, he was a part time copper in Grantham.
Grantham is a small Town (pop. about 3400ish) even for NH.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thinking that in a court of law he has proven/disproven a few misconceptions that hold till this day.

One was the shooting of a knife wielder. Proving the the knife guy at X yards can close & stab the eff out of you in X seconds & is therefore justifiable to shoot the eff out of the knife guy. Just for that he's worth some of his theories.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

L.W.

Yeah, he's a real cop.... just like Steven Seagal is a real cop...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by viking
If this subject doesn’t bring Ol’Flave out, nothing will 😂
Only time will.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunzo
Thinking that in a court of law he has proven/disproven a few misconceptions that hold till this day.

One was the shooting of a knife wielder. Proving the the knife guy at X yards can close & stab the eff out of you in X seconds & is therefore justifiable to shoot the eff out of the knife guy. Just for that he's worth some of his theories.
Pretty sure that’s not Ayoob.

It’s Dennis Tueller, a now retired Salt Lake City police officer.

21’ rule. It’s also called the Tueller rule.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by cisco1

Yep.....The "experts" always come out of the woodwork.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by gunzo

Pretty sure that’s not Ayoob.

It’s Dennis Tueller, a now retired Salt Lake City police officer.

21’ rule. It’s also called the Tueller rule.

Ok, I don't know, but he's used it to the shooters defense, & has presented that in court a few times. Can't stand to listen to the guy, but if my ass was in a sling for what I thought was a legal SD shooting I'd sure like him to look at my case & if he felt it was justified I 'd damn sure want him presenting evidence on my behalf, he's done hundreds of these type things.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I LOL’d so hard that I about cried. I don’t necessarily disagree with his overall self defense teachings, but I knew that he was over the top years ago when he mentioned backup flashlights for everyday non law enforcement people.

Back up eye glasses, plus regular glasses, plus shooting glasses. Notebook paper plus backup notebook paper and sandwich plus backup sandwich was killing me😂

To each their own.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've met the guy, decades ago, but never really interacted with him or could say that I know him. Obviously opinionated, anyone who speaks out with any sense of authority, on the internet, will have detractors and nitpickers.

No one man is right about everything, but he's a part of the crowd that advocates thought about daily life preparedness. It's 2:45 AM here, and as I got up to check the weather and take a leak, I put on a tshirt and stuck a streamlight stylus in the pocket.
Can't begin to mention how many times a source of light in my pocket or on the keychain has made me look smarter than I am. Likely about as often as having a pocket knife of some sort.

As far as what he preaches about self defense and training, I can't think of anyone who does it now like they did in 1980. But now, as in 1980, those who actually train and prepare are infinitely better off than those who do not.

The back-up sandwich was maybe the smartest idea on that video... Anybody got some Arthur's Sweet Hot mustard In their vest pocket?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He’s a good self promoter.

So was this guy

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's no Elmer Keith .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel

L.W.

Yeah, he's a real cop.... just like Steven Seagal is a real cop...

Best post on this topic!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 22250rem, 1minute, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,041
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.