Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
One can most always go to the extreme ends to make a point.

I tried to stay within the boundaries of practicality.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Here in MI I bet 80% of the deer are show within 100 yds

My main place I hunt I sit on the edge of a 40 acre field so I typically stretch my shots quite a bit more
but as Skane posted most Midwest hunters cant see past the trees more than 75 yards?
and there typically is limited time better be ready

I think especially first week of deer season here in MI
the deer get chased and aint stupid if they are the are fawns
not really what we are looking for

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by battue
One can most always go to the extreme ends to make a point.

I tried to stay within the boundaries of practicality.

None of those examples are extreme. While a tool can be versatile and have some overlap, it doesn't mean one tool is suited for all things and all people.

Last edited by drop_point; 03/10/23.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You win….

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by drop_point
If you think there is only one tool; you're probably the tool.

Lots of wisdom in this short statement. Well put.

In this case there can be one tool...If you can use it proficiently close and far. Isn't that why they make 3x18, 4x16, 5x25, etc, etc.

Nothing above implies that one tool cannot cover your needs. Just says that there's more than one way to get the job done. Dialing the scope is certainly fine and sometimes seems best. A set mutidot reticle can also do fine for many things. So, there IS more than one tool available. "My way is the only way" is the mantra of the mental midget. I think the OP was just trolling for a response. Guess it worked.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by drop_point
If you think there is only one tool; you're probably the tool.

Lots of wisdom in this short statement. Well put.

In this case there can be one tool...If you can use it proficiently close and far. Isn't that why they make 3x18, 4x16, 5x25, etc, etc.

Nothing above implies that one tool cannot cover your needs. Just says that there's more than one way to get the job done. Dialing the scope is certainly fine and sometimes seems best. A set mutidot reticle can also do fine for many things. So, there IS more than one tool available. "My way is the only way" is the mantra of the mental midget. I think the OP was just trolling for a response. Guess it worked.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
So… pretty much 40 shots have made a ragged hole.

Over 20 years

High volume and a master of his domain

You should post pics of your ribbons/trophy’s and that list of accolades you’ve received. Everyone’s impressed.

Other than he shoots Leupold scopes why the slam on Rick? The Campfire is a "pics or it didn't happen" website. Talk your game without proof, and sooner or later someone is going to jump on your case. He talks LR shooting and backs it up with proof. Looks like if he slammed Leopold, and raved on about the other top end scopes it would all be ok? Ya, that's what it looks like.

Show off your most recent kill, new truck, pics of where you went fishing or hunting. "Yay ,great job!!!!"......Brag on Leupold too much, along with showing proof and giving some [bleep] back in the process, and you go to the colony. laugh
Your interpretation of the campfire, doesn't equate to mine. Some of us are secure enough in ourselves, we don't feel the need, to brag with pictures, and such. But too each his own.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by jackmountain
So… pretty much 40 shots have made a ragged hole.

Over 20 years

High volume and a master of his domain

You should post pics of your ribbons/trophy’s and that list of accolades you’ve received. Everyone’s impressed.

Other than he shoots Leupold scopes why the slam on Rick? The Campfire is a "pics or it didn't happen" website. Talk your game without proof, and sooner or later someone is going to jump on your case. He talks LR shooting and backs it up with proof. Looks like if he slammed Leopold, and raved on about the other top end scopes it would all be ok? Ya, that's what it looks like.

Show off your most recent kill, new truck, pics of where you went fishing or hunting. "Yay ,great job!!!!"......Brag on Leupold too much, along with showing proof and giving some [bleep] back in the process, and you go to the colony. laugh
Your interpretation of the campfire, doesn't equate to mine. Some of us are secure enough in ourselves, we don't feel the need, to brag with pictures, and such. But too each his own.
That's what it is too. Bragging and searching for internet relevance/acceptance to folks you don't know, never will and wouldn't care to. Pitiful idiots.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Blackheart
That's what it is too. Bragging and searching for internet relevance/acceptance to folks you don't know, never will and wouldn't care to. Pitiful idiots.

Like you've never bragged on this site.

LMAO.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seems kinda like using a 12” ruler to try to measure something 8 feet long by guessing after the first foot.

There are no skilled carpenters that use a ruler to measure their cuts.

There are plenty of skilled deer hunters that kill piles of deer without dialing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
There are plenty of skilled deer hunters that kill piles of deer without dialing.
One simply doesn't have to dial, when hunting from a manure spreader.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What about "I think it's set & I hope it doesn't forget" scopes?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Leaving aside for the moment, picture posting abilities, and back to 'set and forget'...if a shooter really wanted to forget it, I wonder why the Burris posi-lock didn't sell better? Seemed like a good theory...I was just too cheap to pay another 120 bucks for a set screw.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I believe some people found tightening the set screw moved the zero a bit.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mathman
^^^Us old Leupold owners were used to burning a lot of ammo before we could "forget".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's rich coming from you.

🤡🤡🤡

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by goalie

🤡🤡🤡
I don't seek internet relevance, acceptance or fame. It isn't important.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by mathman

This was my experience with the posi-locks…. Twice as much ammo unnecessarily burned as the normal leupold adjust and pray. And in my experience, the glass never compared so there was no upside.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie

🤡🤡🤡
I don't seek internet relevance, acceptance or fame. It isn't important.

You say one thing, but your behavior screams something else.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heym06
]

Found this thing while organizing some stuff. I forgot I finished in the Top 3 that year!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 10Glocks, 16penny, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,651
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.