Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
ejh257w Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Purchased a Ruger #1 in Jan. on this site. Gun was advertised as in excellent condition, both metal and wood. Inspected the gun at the FFL shop and it revealed a crack in the stock at the top tang area through to the trigger guard. Gun was shipped in an old Rem. 700 box with the cut in the styroform for the gun. Box had the outer shipping box. Absolutely no damage to the box styrofoam etc. indicating a shipping problem. I have seen old cracks in the tang area on stocks and in my option this was not a fresh crack. Contacted the seller and got the run around. He even told me to pack one of my rifles in the box, drop the box on end to see in the stock cracks at the tang. I immediately began to seek a solution, my posts will show my questions about stock replacement, my hunt for a used take off Ruger #1 stock, talked to the Ruger factory, etc. I was fortunate enough through the good members on this site to begin solving the problem Contacted the seller again to see if he would agree to a settlement of least $75.00 that would cover shipping and ffl transfer. He agreed. Waited two weeks with no contact. I sent him a email and PM via this site indicating no payment received. Waited two more weeks ,March 12, today and decided to post this. I want to disclose this individual as not being trustworthy but decided not to do so. My post's will disclose who I purchased this gun from. He did not disclose the rust around the quarter rib area, the rust blister that you can feel with your finger near the muzzle, even the scope ring screws are a mix of torx and straight line screws. My fault for not asking more questions and getting more pictures. This guy has been a member for many years and has a lot of posts. I am sure someone will criticize me but bottom line he has the money and I have a gun problem and have to invest another 25% plus to get it straight.

Last edited by ejh257w; 03/12/23. Reason: update
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dam shame guy can't keep his word.

Last edited by LazyL0228; 03/12/23.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Lay it on the table,
Apparently it didn't bother him to sell it damaged,

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For people who really want to know, it's easy to look back through your past posts and see who the seller was on the #1. Bummer your deal went this way. I've been really lucky with transactions on here... but problems seem to be more and more common now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As the shipper, he can file a claim. If it was packaged correctly and they dropped it and cracked it, then they should pay up.

With that being said, hopefully it was shipped insured. And he would have to fight that battle with carrier. Who’d he ship through out of curiosity?

Should have disclosed rust for sure.

Whether you tell yourself you CAN do it.... or you CAN'T.... you're correct.
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sounds like a scumbag seller to me

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe the vehicle used to transport the package to or from the PO was involved in a CRASH. 😉

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dinny
Maybe the vehicle used to transport the package to or from the PO was involved in a CRASH. 😉
😎😂😂

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger #1’s are in very good condition, the bluing on both are in excellent condition,each one shows very little use, with very minor wear, no rust or scratches. The wood on both guns are in excellent condition, with signs of very minor wear and no scratches. Your choice of either

Seller stated no rust & stocks in "excellent" condition.

Wonder if he is a used car salesman?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Way too much money over honesty now-a-days.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This thread is usless without pics and naming names--- zero reason to protect someone who isn't owning up to their word.

And it protects future buyers!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My bad

Last edited by lubbockdave; 03/12/23.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Not that one

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First off I’ve been sick, and hadn’t been on here for a few days. Yes I agreed to send the money with no problem’s. I also ask to see pictures of the broken stock which he has not and will not send. I just felt like I was been scammed with no proof of the broken stock, he has had my phone number from the beginning and no calls to this day. He had the rifle for over a week before contacting me and stated that he had it at a gunsmith and had the stock off. Why didn’t he contact from me when he received the rifle if it had a broken stock!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
👆👆👆👆 all valid questions OP. What say you? Why no pictures of the stock or rust to the Seller?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
E
ejh257w Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
I purchased two Ruger #1's in 25-06 last year. My son kept shooting mine so I got the second one for him in Jan. To clarify, the ring screws are an easy fix just get ones, light surface rust was fixed with very, very,very used 0000 steel wool that has almost no abrasive qualities left.soaked in gun oil. The rust blister remains....I just think it should have been disclosed. The cracked stock was the real issue---------- desertokie was not the seller--------It is obvious crash was the seller. I should have disclosed it up front. I did not think my first purchase from desertokie would get involved. My apology to him, he is clean. I purchased that one last spring as I remember. A screw up like this is why I should have kept my mouth shut. I wish the post could be removed

Last edited by ejh257w; 03/12/23.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Want to see pics

I like guns | optics | fishing
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd need to see original pictures and examine the gun upon receipt.
There seems to be more here to sour a man's name, one must be very careful.
Crash posted some real strong points.
Good luck to both involved.
Us gun guys need to stick together.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ejh257w
A screw up like this is why I should have kept my mouth shut. I wish the post could be removed
Call-out threads never go the way the caller-outer envisioned. You've been here long enough and spent enough time in the Classifieds to have seen examples of that I'd imagine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (219 Wasp, 1minute, 1234, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 54 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,896
Posts18,498,046
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.