Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by pricedo
Originally Posted by 673
It would seem the only reason I would vote for the Conservatives is the firearms, otherwise they are just as lame as the other parties in pretty much every way. One does get weary over the political football firearms have become, looks like it will remain a political football.

... the CPC talks a good game BEFORE the election while people are angry and the $donations are rolling in but will do a double flip flop at the last minute like O'Toole did just before the last election ... they're ALL full of BS
Sadly, you are not wrong.
Its the political football firearms has become, and has been allowed to become every election cycle that has me thinking we are being played.

... I'll vote CPC in the next election just because they are NOT the Liberals or the NDP but I'm under no illusion that the CPC even if they defy the odds and win a majority mandate will repeal bill c21 or the May 2020 OIC ... THEY WON'T ... you're right "we are being played"

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673
It would seem the only reason I would vote for the Conservatives is the firearms, otherwise they are just as lame as the other parties in pretty much every way. One does get weary over the political football firearms have become, looks like it will remain a political football.

... the CPC talks a good game BEFORE the election while people are angry and the $donations are rolling in but will do a double flip flop at the last minute like O'Toole did just before the last election ... they're ALL full of BS
Sadly, you are not wrong.
Its the political football firearms has become, and has been allowed to become every election cycle that has me thinking we are being played.

... I'll vote CPC in the next election just because they are NOT the Liberals or the NDP but I'm under no illusion that the CPC even if they defy the odds and win a majority mandate will repeal bill c21 or the May 2020 OIC ... THEY WON'T ... you're right "we are being played"

How do you know they won't?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday I had a gentleman knock on my door at home, his name is Sayid Ahmed, he asked me to vote for him. I posted picts of the flyer he left me.

He asked me for money to support him, I told him that he should be paying me for voting for him. He also asked me if he could plant his sign in front of my house I said NO

Because Danielle Smith stood up against C-21, do I have a choice?

Would you vote for him, just curious?

KB

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/13/23.

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Yesterday I had a gentleman knock on my door at home, his name is Sayid Ahmed, he asked me to vote for him. I posted picts of the flyer he left me.

He asked me for money to support him, I told him that he should be paying me for voting for him. He also asked me if he could plant his sign in front of my house I said NO

Because Danielle Smith stood up against C-21, do I have a choice?

Would you vote for him, just curious?

KB

... they're all pretty much FULLOVIT ... they'll tell you anything you want to hear to get your vote

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Yes, I would vote for him. I like what Danielle Smith is doing and standing up to the Liberals in Ottawa. I only wish Ontario’s Conservatives could grow a pair. I did contact my Ontario MPP on backing the western response to bill C-21 and got an automated bounce back response thanking me. I have yet to receive anything else from him. At least you westerners have politicians that still believe in conservative values.

Nick

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will be voting for him, but not because of him, I will be voting for Danielle Smith because of her position against C-21.

The fact is I always vote, and I always vote for Conservatives. If Kermit The Frog had come to my door, I would be voting for Kermit. lol

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/14/23.

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Nick1899
Yes, I would vote for him. I like what Danielle Smith is doing and standing up to the Liberals in Ottawa. I only wish Ontario’s Conservatives could grow a pair. I did contact my Ontario MPP on backing the western response to bill C-21 and got an automated bounce back response thanking me. I have yet to receive anything else from him. At least you westerners have politicians that still believe in conservative values.

Nick

... Doug Ford is a liberal in conservative clothing ... he won't stop the OPP from enforcing the bans

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I told the gentleman that I knew more about politics in North America than he ever would, and he smiled and laughed. After he laughed, I asked him if I could test his knowledge. He failed every question I asked him.

So now I have to vote for a politician that does not even know as much as I do. I just hope Danielle Smith keeps up her good work because her underlings don't know that much.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/14/23.

KB

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
TIME TO VOTE THE OUT!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... Doug Ford is a liberal in conservative clothing ...
He has to be to get elected in Ontario.

The voters there and most other places in Canada would have nothing to do with real conservative fiscal and social policies.

Blame the voters. Most are not qualified to vote and only vote for what they can get from big social programs, NOT for what's best for Canada.

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Nearly half of Ontario’s voters are in the Toronto area. In order to govern Ontario you must appease the urban masses of the GTA. This province was once a bastion of conservative values and elected Bill Davis’ Conservatives for decades. I do not think I’ll ever see a true Ontario Conservative party again. They will position themselves in the centre and lean left on issues such as gun control.

Nick

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Nick1899
Nearly half of Ontario’s voters are in the Toronto area. In order to govern Ontario you must appease the urban masses of the GTA. This province was once a bastion of conservative values and elected Bill Davis’ Conservatives for decades. I do not think I’ll ever see a true Ontario Conservative party again. They will position themselves in the centre and lean left on issues such as gun control.

Nick

... it's a hand to mouth existence for many Ontarians ... they will vote for the few crumbs & freebies the Liberals are promising them NOW ... long term economic forecasting or owning expensive guns are foreign concepts to those standing in line at food banks and looking forward to going home to unheated homes ... Trudeau is grabbing all the guns as fast as he can because he's afraid of the population which is growing increasingly frustrated and angry with the economic disaster his governments policies have created ... the current Canadian government has all the qualifying earmarks of a "tyrannical regime"

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... immigration has a lot to do with the rapid rise of "gunophobia" in urban Canada ... a lot of the immigrants come from tight gun control jurisdictions where only the top echelon of the elite have access to firearms and private grass roots ownership of guns is a foreign concept ... jurisdictions just like Canada will be within 5 years ... if you guessed that this was part of the Liberal disarmament plan you'd be right

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SuperCub
... Doug Ford is a liberal in conservative clothing ...
He has to be to get elected in Ontario.

The voters there and most other places in Canada would have nothing to do with real conservative fiscal and social policies.

Blame the voters. Most are not qualified to vote and only vote for what they can get from big social programs, NOT for what's best for Canada.

... QUITE TRUE ... ... back in the early 90s it was possible to elect a right wing party in Ontario like the Mike Harris PCs ... immigration has mostly changed that sociopolitical dynamic ... it's almost impossible to wean second and third generation working poor/welfare families off the nanny state teats ... fast food chains are raking in the $$$ employing thousands of immigrants at minimum (below living standard) wages

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't hear much about the guns and the families who's lives are enriched by firearms much recently.

I wonder how much influence (interference) China had to do with the gun grab?....my answer.......everything.

Last edited by 673; 03/23/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning sir, I see your light is on and hope the fire is lit and coffee is hot up there as it is down here.

If you've not seen former Alberta CO and National Park ranger Blaine Calkins testify, it's pretty good.

There was a sporty exchange with Linda Keijko last week too. She's an Olympic pistol competitor as well as being an engineer and a few other things in real life. Pam Damoff is no match for her anyways..

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne, I hope spring is coming your way.

Thanks for video. I watched Linda Keijko and Pam Damoff. Ms Damoff was totally embarrassing in her statements.

In particular the one statement where she stated that Ms Keijko (paraphrasing) was one person using a firearm and at times the country needed to move away from the individual to the needs of the country. Essentially Ms Damoff in a minority government feels she determines what is right for all of Canadians.

Sad times

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that wherever this finds you it finds you well. If you're home on your side of the big hills then you're almost as warm as we are so that's decent.

The leftist folks have - in my opinion and experience anyways Hugh - always felt that they know what's best for all of us and believe with all their heart and soul they know what is right.

Way back in the day when over 10,000 firearm owners marched on Parliament Hill to protest the upcoming long gun registry, then Minister of Injustice Allan Rock was asked what he thought about that many of his fellow citizens taking issue with his actions.

His curt reply Hugh, as I remember it, was "I don't count heads"....

Fast forward to a conversation I had with the PAL/RPAL instructor/examiner coordinator of BC who mentioned to me that as far as he was aware I was giving the least expensive PAL/RPAL courses in western Canada and possibly in all of Canada. He wanted to know why it was I was doing so obviously at a financial loss when all the cost considerations were in.

I replied that each and every PAL/RPAL holder I certified was my personal poke in Allan Rock's eye because I actually did count heads.... laugh

The conversations I had with that chap often went sideways Hugh, he was him and I was and still am me.

Perhaps he won because I withdrew as an instructor/examiner after a few years, but remained active in the BC Hunter Safety Course because for the most part they remained true to their initial objective.

Oh - the coordinator said specifically that we as instructor/examiners could not say anything negative about government firearms regulations in class Hugh, that was one of the straws that broke the camel's back with me. My response was that they could audit my classes any old time they chose to leave their hallowed halls and wander down the highway into the wild BC interior.

They never did do that as far as I'm aware, to nobody's surprise of course.

Anyways Hugh, thanks for reading a bit of my back story and how I arrived at where I'm at today with some of the folks who are "on the other side" shall we say.

Best to you.

Dwayne

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
I don't hear much about the guns and the families who's lives are enriched by firearms much recently.

I wonder how much influence (interference) China had to do with the gun grab?....my answer.......everything.

... what MP proposed the controversial amendment to bill c21?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
pricedo;
Morning to you, or at least it's still morning here in south central BC. Regardless of the time for you, I hope you're well.

Here's a link to confirm, but it was MP Paul Chiang from Ontario who did it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-bill-c21-gun-law-amendment-assault-firearms/

Without further comment on anything about anything, when he was tasked with introducing the amendments my spider senses redlined and then some.

Now with the most recent revelations, they're going to need a liquid intercooler attached, you know?

I hope I'm wrong, but need to be shown where I am at this point.

All the best.

Dwayne

edit to add;

wiki link on Paul Chiang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Chiang_(politician)

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/23/23. Reason: more information

Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 65 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,945
Posts18,519,152
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.