Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am with the group that says dogs know and do care.

I am also with the group that says cats know, but don't effing care.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Absolutely.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Absolutely, I've said for years that I prefer dogs to people.
It's funny how the more you trust your dogs when you live in the woods.

**BEWARE SCAMMER BEWARE SCAMMER BEWARE SCAMMER**
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We had a Dalmatian that was very friendly. He liked children but if he stayed away from one it was a sign the child was undisciplined. He was spot on with adults too. He was a great dog.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has a dachshund that is as dumb as a brick and just barks at everyone including me. She has had a couple of others that were equally dumb. I would not trust them except to bark at everything that moves and nothing at all.

We have had a chocolate Lab on the other hand that was extremely smart and loyal. She could pick out a threat of just about any kind before we could. We currently have a boxer/pitbull mix and a Cane Corso mix that are both pretty smart and also seem to be able to pick out people with bad intentions. I think some dog breeds do have a form of intuition. Not those f&%#@ing dachshunds though!

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

I usually ask this every few years to see what new members say.

But do you trust your dog’s intuition on people and especially strangers? Or something else entirely different?

If you do, has it been proven correct?

Me first:

I'm not quite a new member but yes, emphatically. I trust the dog implicitly and instantly.

And yes...the dog has never been wrong.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have a female german shepherd that knows about people. If they are bad she doesn't like them. She knows instantly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have repair folks come into our home. On a couple of times my English Setter will get into my wife’s lap. This is the only time this happens. I believe the setter has decided the stranger is a danger to my wife and goes into the protective mode.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I absolutely love dogs.
But they don't have special intuition or special powers.
My Rat Terrier hates everyone.
My lab loves everyone.

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

I usually ask this every few years to see what new members say.

But do you trust your dog’s intuition on people and especially strangers? Or something else entirely different?

If you do, has it been proven correct?

Me first:

I'm not quite a new member but yes, emphatically. I trust the dog implicitly and instantly.

And yes...the dog has never been wrong.

I'm not sure if it's "intuition" or not. Dogs' senses are different than ours, and they pick up things we don't.

I trust the ones that are normally laid back, but bristle at someone unexpectedly. I don't trust the little ankle-biters that go off on everyone.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Taking moral advice from an animal that licks it's own arsshole doesn't strike me as being very intelligent.

DeFlave?......is that you?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Taking moral advice from an animal that licks it's own arsshole doesn't strike me as being very intelligent.

DeFlave?......is that you?

Can't be. Deflave licks his own arsehole too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Definitely not. I love my dog but he’s mostly into sniffing crotches, eating vomit, drinking out of toilets or raiding the kitty litter box if given the chance.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When he was alive I did

wouldn't you ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dog is a great watchdog, but his intuition is not anything to put much stock in...but I don't think all dogs lack good intuition. Mine is different: after several years of "mostly peaceful" coexistence, I finally understood what his problem with me was...and that was his past life (we adopted him out of Louisiana when he was three years old) where he learned that when dad came home he was going see the woman and the kids get mistreated, and he'd likely be mistreated himself. I finally came to realize just how sensitive he is, and that he expected me to hurt him so he was always ready to defend himself. A lot of gentle contact and soothing affection has taught him that he can trust me, and we've formed that eternal bond and I love that lil schidt to pieces. BUT, his past haunts him to this day and I have seen that his intuition tells him that everyone he doesn't know is a threat. I'm sure he's right at least some of the time. He's 28 pounds of canine terror and 162 pounds of killer attitude!

He'll look like this in about 4 weeks:

He looks like this right now:

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm laughin...he just came in here and saw his own image in the post above and started growling at it. He's a hoot!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yes

Last edited by EIB0879; 03/14/23.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We have a female mini Aussie that took one look at a guy 100 feet away the second he got out of his truck and did a low growl. Before that she was hanging out with us, not a peep. An hour later he was drunk and looked like he was going to beat his wife. We ended up calling the cops on the guy. We have never seen her do that before or since. That has been at least 10 years ago.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I trust mine 100%, he’s earned it several times when it’s made a huge difference.
I no longer think, I react, and he reciprocates to all voice commands from me without delay. He’s a 100% Heinz 57 mutt, and by 100 times infinity the smartest k-9 I’ve ever owned. I have owned I’m guessing 25-30 full blooded breeds from hounds to retriever and house dogs as well.
Any dog appreciating person without fail has noticed his difference without me having said a word within several hours and made mention of what they are watching, both in the home or in the field.
I cannot claim anything from teaching, it’s all instinct from killing snakes to watching a worker or visitor. I’m dumbfounded and lucky as hell.
Found him abandoned at I’m guessing at 2 months old on a dirt road in the middle of no where Alabama. Figure that one out, I cant’!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sweet Jesus

To paraphrase steel head……..

Dogs can sense when diabetics need insulin…….( not all dogs Tn Big bore)

But dauschounds rate highly in tracking wounded deer on leash

They can smell 10,000 times better than us……yet stick there nose right in the junk…..

Donald Trump was most likely a cat …in another life.

If U want a good friend

B a good friend……

Dogs savy

Last edited by Angus1895; 03/14/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.