Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
It is confusing with the different targets and scores. A guy that shoots with us shoots IBS and ARA and knows the scoring much better.

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Targets-United-States-Bench/dp/B07KBB6QHL?th=1

Those are the USBR targets we shoot. I think the 10 ring is 2mm and the 9 ring is 7mm.

No doubt 240-250 is possible, we are just some red necks banging around with mostly factory classed rifles on homemade benches.

The couple of Anschutz, Vudoo, 49x and 52 that show up are certainly capable of much higher scores than we are seeing.

H, I had to dig a bit to find some comparable targets, but these are pretty close to what you guys are shooting. I had to go out today and try the 10-22 I've been messing with lately:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Those other targets that Paul posted are big, by comparison. I kept thinking, today, that Tikka of yours shoots damn well for a factory rifle!!! Good job on your shoots too man!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
It is confusing with the different targets and scores. A guy that shoots with us shoots IBS and ARA and knows the scoring much better.

Those are the USBR targets we shoot. I think the 10 ring is 2mm and the 9 ring is 7mm.

No doubt 240-250 is possible, we are just some red necks banging around with mostly factory classed rifles on homemade benches.

The couple of Anschutz, Vudoo, 49x and 52 that show up are certainly capable of much higher scores than we are seeing.

H, I had to dig a bit to find some comparable targets, but these are pretty close to what you guys are shooting. I had to go out today and try the 10-22 I've been messing with lately:

Those other targets that Paul posted are big, by comparison. I kept thinking, today, that Tikka of yours shoots damn well for a factory rifle!!! Good job on your shoots too man!!

Great shooting, I’d love to build an accurate 10-22. I’ve always really liked that platform.

I broke down and bedded lug/tang on my T1x and also switched to Sk pistol match today. I shot a 231 on our usbr card with the T1x/12x Swfa combo today. Looks like I’ll be picking up some more of the Sk.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Great shooting, I’d love to build an accurate 10-22. I’ve always really liked that platform.

I broke down and bedded lug/tang on my T1x and also switched to Sk pistol match today. I shot a 231 on our usbr card with the T1x/12x Swfa combo today. Looks like I’ll be picking up some more of the Sk.

The glass bedding will help with consistency, for sure. You are a shooting machine man. Keep up the good work buddy...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I enjoy shooting it out to 400 yards. Our club has several 22 long ranges each year. Shooting a 22 long range is addictive. Enjoy

I don't have the right equipment to be shooting at 400 yards but shoot my T1 as far as 250 yards when the wind is calm. Beyond that I'm out of elevation with my scope. Not saying I can do it every time, but everything worked out right last week and it put 5 shots into 1.5" at 200 yards.

But you're right, long range with a 22 is addictive. I'd gotten bored with 50 yards and almost always shoot at 100 or more now. The T1 is probably more accurate than I'm capable of shooting it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JMR40
I enjoy shooting it out to 400 yards. Our club has several 22 long ranges each year. Shooting a 22 long range is addictive. Enjoy

I don't have the right equipment to be shooting at 400 yards but shoot my T1 as far as 250 yards when the wind is calm. Beyond that I'm out of elevation with my scope. Not saying I can do it every time, but everything worked out right last week and it put 5 shots into 1.5" at 200 yards.

But you're right, long range with a 22 is addictive. I'd gotten bored with 50 yards and almost always shoot at 100 or more now. The T1 is probably more accurate than I'm capable of shooting it.

We went out to 400 once and it’s pretty awesome. 200-300 is a lot of fun as well.

One drill we did was a 2” steel circle at 100 and a KYL rack at 50. It helps to have 2 mags if doing it for time but we had it so you had to hit the 2” at 100 and then the 1st KYL target, back to the 2” and the 2nd KYL, repeat until you clear the KYL or shoot both mags. If you miss the 2” you can’t go to the KYL until you hit, if you miss on the KYL you can’t go back to the 2” until you hit. For guys that don’t have a lot of room to shoot it keeps things interesting.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm holding out for a heavy barreled T1x. Come on Tikka!!!!!

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Bsa that looks a sweet little protected spot to shoot your .22’s

That your kidd bbl 10/22 I assume?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Bsa that looks a sweet little protected spot to shoot your .22’s

That your kidd bbl 10/22 I assume?

Yep on the Kidd barrel. It's a great spot to shoot, but the wind does whip in there. Yesterday it was noticeable, in fact. I wish they would put in more benches, as there is just the one at this 50 yard rimfire range. The 100 yard range has 4 benches, and the 400 only has 2. Most days it works out great that way, but it would be cool to have 4 benches set at the 50 yard range. Great public range, here for sure.. I just recently started shooting the rimfires again. The shoot I posted in the thread I started, got me motivated to shoot these little boring things again.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Yep. I'd be in hog heaven if they'd make it in a lefty, but that's a pipe dream.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Paul39

Yep. I'd be in hog heaven if they'd make it in a lefty, but that's a pipe dream.

There's always hope. They make the T3x in a lefty. It's just a waiting game with Tikka.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I would buy another one if they made a heavy barreled one. I looked at getting an IBI barrel and a KRG Bravo but I’ve not found a way to justify it yet.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I would buy another one if they made a heavy barreled one. I looked at getting an IBI barrel and a KRG Bravo but I’ve not found a way to justify it yet.

I'm holding out. I think Tikka will eventually build one. It would be a shame to throw that money at your rifle and then Tikka come out with exactly what you were thinking. We all know they make damn good barrels. If the lightweight rifles shoot this well, the heavy barreled version will be better. Not because it's a better barrel, but extra weight will help when shooting off the bench. It helps quite a bit, to keep things more stable. I see that when switching from different rifles. For example: My lightweight Tikka 22-250 vs my CTR's or Varmint models. You have to focus more when shooting the lighter rifles.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I'm holding out. I think Tikka will eventually build one. It would be a shame to throw that money at your rifle and then Tikka come out with exactly what you were thinking. We all know they make damn good barrels. If the lightweight rifles shoot this well, the heavy barreled version will be better. Not because it's a better barrel, but extra weight will help when shooting off the bench. It helps quite a bit, to keep things more stable. I see that when switching from different rifles. For example: My lightweight Tikka 22-250 vs my CTR's or Varmint models. You have to focus more when shooting the lighter rifles.

For the competitions I do right now a heavier barreled ctr’ish setup with a 24” barrel would be super nice. Of the 4 local comps I’ve shot this year 3 have been won with 28” barrels and 1 with a 20” barrel, all heavy contours and heavy rifles. The weights ranged from 12-18lbs each I believe.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

For the competitions I do right now a heavier barreled ctr’ish setup with a 24” barrel would be super nice. Of the 4 local comps I’ve shot this year 3 have been won with 28” barrels and 1 with a 20” barrel, all heavy contours and heavy rifles. The weights ranged from 12-18lbs each I believe.

Yep, I bet they have stocks more suitable for that type of shooting as well. It's like comparing my 1949 model 52 to my Ruger 10-22.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=bsa1917hunter]]

Of the 4 local comps I’ve shot this year 3 have been won with 28” barrels and 1 with a 20” barrel, all heavy contours and heavy rifles. The weights ranged from 12-18lbs each I believe.

What rifles came in last place BSA?

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MikeS
[quote=bsa1917hunter]]

Of the 4 local comps I’ve shot this year 3 have been won with 28” barrels and 1 with a 20” barrel, all heavy contours and heavy rifles. The weights ranged from 12-18lbs each I believe.

Are you asking me?

If so the bottom places shuffle around some. The few Rugers that show up don’t do well, another guy has a Tikka that shoots so-so ammo and he hangs out near the bottom. A couple cz’s show up low but I believe it’s more driver and ammo related. With the better rifles down there, CZ, Bergara, Tikka, Anschutz, Vudoo, 40x, and 52 depending on the day, ammo and how it’s driven anyone could win and anyone could finish near the bottom.

The top guys shoot Lapua, Eley or Sk. Lapua has won 3 of the 4 this year.

For just overall accuracy from the rifle I think it goes, obviously the driver has to hold up his end of the deal.

Winchester 52 and Vudoo single shot custom
Remington 40x
Anschutz

Cz/Tikka/Bergara/Vudoo repeater/a few other customs

When the 52 and the single shot Vudoo show up it’s real tough at the top.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, I have noticed a lot of times the equipment at the bottom isn't much different than that at the top, which prompted my question.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks, I have noticed a lot of times the equipment at the bottom isn't much different than that at the top, which prompted my question.

That’s the truth, sometimes you have days you just ain’t very good on the bench. Some guys just won’t spring for good enough ammo.

With my Tikka I’ve beaten CZ’s, Bergara’s, other Tikkas, the vudoo repeater, and a few customs. I’ve also been beaten by those, lol. It’s all in how you do that day.

I honestly feel like I can give the top 1-2 guys a run now if I have a good day after I bedded my T1x. It really helped with the consistency that you have to have shooting the targets we are shooting.

I’ll say that and I’ll get my ass handed to me in May, lol.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[quote=bsa1917hunter]]

I don't keep track of who is last place.. Also, you may want to ask Bearcat74, as that was his quote. Funny how you want to try to put words in my mouth. Quoting someone is not really that hard to do man.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That’s the truth, sometimes you have days you just ain’t very good on the bench. Some guys just won’t spring for good enough ammo.

With my Tikka I’ve beaten CZ’s, Bergara’s, other Tikkas, the vudoo repeater, and a few customs. I’ve also been beaten by those, lol. It’s all in how you do that day.

I honestly feel like I can give the top 1-2 guys a run now if I have a good day after I bedded my T1x. It really helped with the consistency that you have to have shooting the targets we are shooting.

I’ll say that and I’ll get my ass handed to me in May, lol.

I've noticed that the "is it the Indian or the arrow" question depends on me on any given day. Regarding the Tikka, I know a guy that sets back T1x barrels, cuts a tighter match chamber and has had outstanding results with ammo testing done at the Lapua center here in Mesa AZ.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.