Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
At Wendy’s back in the day, they’d FIRE YOUR ASS on the first day if you put mustard on a Big Classic kaiser.

We didn’t keep knuckleheads around on our crew.
I like mustard.

I go to local Wendy's here, there's nearly all new faces weekly. They've got a new manager who hires on a trial basis, late/lazy - you're gone. He has ridded the place of the sloth's, it's like a different place compared to 2-3 month's ago.
Sound like you guys had a kick-ass crew.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody seems to have work ethics or Christian values anymore.

Our country is going down hill FAST under the Biden administration.

Virgil B.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nobody wants to work.

We've got 10 open job positions. Not even getting unqualified applications.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A different twist on, why buy a cow when milk's free.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Nobody seems to have work ethics or Christian values anymore.

Our country is going down hill FAST under the Biden administration.

Virgil B.

Been longer than Biden for that sentiment -

Me

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Lotta people that couldn't hold a job, let alone be willing to work prior C19.
Are now in the workforce due to higher wages.
And they still meet thresholds for welfare and tax benefits.
And they know they are seen as " assets" now and do the minimal poorly at best for the maximum amount of time.
They have it figured out and pretty much see themselves as untouchable.

Poor service
Poor knowledge and abilities are accepted now by alot of employers because they know finding a replacement worker is a time consuming and frustrating process.
So they put up with the bullschit from these employees and pay feigned interest to customer complaints.
Employees have alot of employers held hostage basically.

All that was happening in our area before the chinese lung funk.

All entry level jobs at my employer were filled with temps. They'd go through 10 before one would stick and then later on they find out that one was stealing.

Most definitely agree.
But it has compounded since 2020 / C19 IMO.

Yep, C19 empowered a lot of extra stupid in the workplace.

I GTFO after about 8 months of C19 BS.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
It’s always been bad in my area. Even worse now, and has bled into the surrounding areas as well.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I try and do my own work because I as an Inspector have watched way to many so called trained workers that can not even clap their hands with out screwing it up.

My issue is my body does not want to do the things i need done anymore.

Code Enforcement told me that I needed to trim my Palm trees.
They also told me that i had to hire it out.
I told them screw you I will do it my self.

I have a 20' IMT 2020 Auto Crane set up on my Gooseneck trailer.
I built a Man Basket to clamp onto the end of the boom with all of the safety stuff to hook up to.

As I was trimming my trees Code Enforcement showed up and parked in the middle of the street watching me for 40 minutes as I went to town on the trees.

Screw um the Local tree trimmers in the area were charging $1500 a tree to start and the price went up with the height of the tree.

I do a lot for my self because I can not afford to pay someone to do a job and then rework the bad work.

As for getting paid more than you bill.

I helped build a Balcony with a roof for a friend in Arizona.
I told him that if he purchased all the materials and covered all of the costs I would do the work for him for $25 an hour.
That was my Family Friend Rate.
It took 5 of us 2 weeks to complete the erection of the Steel.
We never put in a full 8 hour day.
I invoiced him around $1800 or so.
Him and his wife came over to help me with my project and handed me a Check for $3500 as well as helping me out on my project.

It is real nice having people that show you how much they appreciate your work

I hired a guy with a Backhoe to do some work for me and at the end of the day he told me I owed him for 6 hours.

I told him HE!! no and he looked at me with that look.

I told him that it took him an hour to drive to my place , He worker hard for a full 6 hours and he was going to have an hour drive back home.
I paid him for a full 8 hour day.

That guy has dropped everything several times when I needed him to pull me out of a jamb.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are hiring left and right....too bad you need a fricken translator to talk to them.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
We are hiring left and right....too bad you need a fricken translator to talk to them.

My Uncle use to hire them and he would get 1 that could speaky da english

One time he told them do not touch the dripper system hoses to all of his trees.

Couple hours latter he went out to see how they were doing.
About 500 ft of dripper hose was chopped up in 1 ft pieces still in place on the ground.

maybe they thought it was a snake or something.
I spent 2 days helping him re run the lines with new hose.

I only mentioned it one time. how much did they save you.
He was not very happy at all.

Yep
People hire day labor all the time.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Anybody notice hiring schit done has gone to schit in your area? Sure has around here. Simple jobs too. Tune up a chainsaw. Set up quickbooks on a computer.

Seems like ever thing goin to crap in America for the last few years. Or maybe it's better where you are????

I hear ya, I rarely hire anything out but with all the snow here I decided to hire someone to clear my drive. They quoted me 150-175 and actually showed up, did a decent job but not great. Then they send me an invoice for 325, WTF! They included a list of reasons for the price but the one reason they forgot was GREED. Haven't paid them yet phugg them they will have to wait awhile. Too bad there isn't any recourse for crooks that pull that s hit. I do know that they have lost a repeat customer over this BS.

You're a fool if you pay them more than they quoted for the job. Paying them promotes them doing more.
Trades used to try that BS on me, NOPE here's your price in writing and that's what you're getting.

That's all fine and well but the quote was on the phone not in writing. Hell no one could get in here to bring a written quote since the snow was over 6 feet deep. I don't see how to fight them on it unless I'm missing something.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
American Exceptionalism was manifest when 4 service station attendants checked all the vital systems on your car while you fueled up. Where is it today?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
American Exceptionalism was manifest when 4 service station attendants checked all the vital systems on your car while you fueled up. Where is it today?

That level of service is simply not needed today and thus wouldn't be paid for by the customer.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the tank

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal

That level of service is simply not needed today and thus wouldn't be paid for by the customer.

Not true. There's a service station in Bend Oregon doing it, and people are lining up to buy their gas. I've been there and it works. They even have the old fashioned white uniforms. I don't remember their gas being any more than the norm.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

Not true. There's a service station in Bend Oregon doing it, and people are lining up to buy their gas. I've been there and it works. They even have the old fashioned white uniforms. I don't remember their gas being any more than the norm.

I guarantee you - that's part of that station's COGS and reflected, if not in the gas price - somewhere else in their operations. Oregon basically doesn't allow self-serve gas pumping, COGS in Oregon reflect that so the price compared to another Oregon gas station isn't an outlier. It would be to one say in Iowa. (I am aware of the exceptions to the Oregon gas pumping rule - Bend would not apply)

Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Not enough people working. The ones that are working are overworked, overwhelmed, and distracted. And demand is through the roof. I might could get stuff done if I could ever get through the simplest thing without getting interrupted five times by other people needing things done. I’ve been working nights and weekends just trying to catch up and stay up, never mind get ahead, for the last year and a half.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anybody notice hiring schit done has gone to schit in your area? Sure has around here. Simple jobs too. Tune up a chainsaw. Set up quickbooks on a computer.

Seems like ever thing goin to crap in America for the last few years. Or maybe it's better where you are????

I hear ya, I rarely hire anything out but with all the snow here I decided to hire someone to clear my drive. They quoted me 150-175 and actually showed up, did a decent job but not great. Then they send me an invoice for 325, WTF! They included a list of reasons for the price but the one reason they forgot was GREED. Haven't paid them yet phugg them they will have to wait awhile. Too bad there isn't any recourse for crooks that pull that s hit. I do know that they have lost a repeat customer over this BS.

You're a fool if you pay them more than they quoted for the job. Paying them promotes them doing more.
Trades used to try that BS on me, NOPE here's your price in writing and that's what you're getting.

That's all fine and well but the quote was on the phone not in writing. Hell no one could get in here to bring a written quote since the snow was over 6 feet deep. I don't see how to fight them on it unless I'm missing something.

You didn't sign anything stating you would pay $325, you had a verbal agreement.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Nobody wants to work.

We've got 10 open job positions. Not even getting unqualified applications.
Where?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

You didn't sign anything stating you would pay $325, you had a verbal agreement.

And how does one go about making them adhere to a verbal agreement. I would love to have the proper information so I can shove their noses in it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.