Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I’m a lifelong Packer fan since I was in diapers in the UP and my grandparents lived in Oconto, WI. Bittersweet day today.

AR came out in the McAfee show today and said that he wants to play next year and he wants to do it with the Jets. Now the Packers and the Jets have to figure the contract out. I hope GB is asking for the moon and holds the line.

As for Aaron, he’s a great qb, but I think he’s past his prime. Davante Adams left and AR couldn’t do a thing last year. Threw a chit ton of INTs and made some very poor decisions. He’s a bit of a nut job too with his dark rooms and hallucinogens. Then there’s the fact that he hasn’t been able to win a big game since 2010. Can’t count the number of times he lost to SF in post season play. Following the Farve way to the Jets is laughable. Good luck with that.

So I guess for better or worse, Love is GB’s qb. I just hope GB doesn’t end up in another 20 years of obscurity like after Lombardi left. The Broncos, Steelers, Patriots, and Seahawks have gone that way.

Please que the Fire anti-NFL posters who will add no substance to this thread other than to say how they don’t watch, never liked, and don’t care. It’s good we know this…every time there’s an NFL thread. Lol.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Time for Brady to come back as a Packer. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I feel your pain. I'm a Steelers fan---Don't put us in obscurity just yet. We made the playoffs 2 years ago & we should have made it this year. I'm still not over that Super Bowl loss. smile

Last edited by colorado bob; 03/15/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, that kinds takes the thrill out of my #12 jersey.

I do agree, however, that his time has passed. Partly due to management trading off all his best receivers, and partly due to AR's age and injuries. He ought to simply retire, though. Taking the Favre route is humiliating.

I'll still watch and root for the Pack. They're the only NFL team I watch. But with DirecTV no longer having their all-games package, the likelihood of many Packers games being telecast is small this year. Sad.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Lifetime Wi resident and diehard packer fan. I won't miss him. He turned into a I-I-I nut case who only thinks about himself. How many people do you know who retreats to a dark spot (cave ? ) to figure out what's going on ? Good luck to you and bring on Jordon Love. GO PACK

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Aaron Rodgers has been a great quarterback, but it has become more and more evident that he is a nut job.

I think Green Bay may be glad to be rid of his drama.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/15/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Long time Packer fan.... Agree that it's in AR and the Packer's interest to part ways, provided a good deal can be cut.

(If he wanted to do the whole "darkness" retreat, he could have gone down to Lake Winnebago and spearfish. He's gotten crazy over th4e last few years)

It still amazes me that the Packers have had only two starting QBs over the last 30 years, with Favre starting in 1992.

Hopefully Jordan Love learned some things sitting behind Rodgers the last two years.

Don

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Small local sample but everybody I talk to is glad it is over. Nobody cares about AR anymore after the BS he has pulled. I hope he finds happiness but I'm sure it won't be with GB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
NY is going to need to come up with some serious cash for him to play there. Ahead of the 2022 season AR sighed a three year contract with Green Bay for $150,815,000. It makes me wonder what good is a signed contract? He has tangled with the Packer management in recent years because he wanted more say in the organization. Rumor has it that he is pulling Allen Lazard, one of our best remaining receivers away with him. Season ticket scalper prices are headed lower for a few years. Green Bay should have a bunch of money left over for free agency if we keep losing the name players.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know about Lazard, but I'd be that Randall Cobb goes with AR.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think that new blood is in order, but I can see how this will be hard to get used to for some, my brother in law next door is confined to a wheelchair and lives for the Packers!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm sorry for packer fans....seriously, I'm sorry your a packer fan.....j/k

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Windfall
NY is going to need to come up with some serious cash for him to play there. Ahead of the 2022 season AR sighed a three year contract with Green Bay for $150,815,000. It makes me wonder what good is a signed contract? He has tangled with the Packer management in recent years because he wanted more say in the organization. Rumor has it that he is pulling Allen Lazard, one of our best remaining receivers away with him. Season ticket scalper prices are headed lower for a few years. Green Bay should have a bunch of money left over for free agency if we keep losing the name players.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Don't know about Lazard, but I'd be that Randall Cobb goes with AR.

Rodgers is getting a lot of cash but his actual cap hit this year, not bad. Trading him bumps it by 9m for GB. IIRC if he had retired it would have been worse. The problem is NEXT year and year after - the cap hits are so bad, that's the real relief GB gets by trading him. It's not the picks in return - it's getting their fiscal house in order.

Last 3 years they were "all in" mode and spent like it. Didn't happen. So now they need to regroup.

IIRC - Rogers gone - this year is bad cap wise but even if you take 5th year option on Love - NEXT year, you're 40m under already. The year after that, even more. (tho if you keep Love - he'll get new contract that eats some of it)

Lazard is already a Jet, 4 year 44m IIRC. Cobb, Lewis and OBJ were also on that "wish list" Rogers gave NY as a condition of him coming over.

GB and NY currently haggling over things. Rogers is owed 60m this year (not all of that is cap). Jets want to give up the same as they did for Favre. I'm sure Gute's asking for at least this year's rnd 1 pick and conditionals after. Again - cap relief is the real compensation for GB. Plus with NY taking Lazard, Cobb, Lewis (assume) - we'd get compensitory pics.

Green Bay doesn't have to do a damned thing - they can simply sit on this until Sept. They have a HUGE option window on this. Jets are kinda in a bad spot. They've got their fan base so whipped up and are basically out of the running for other viable QB's - Jimmy G, gone, Baker Gone, Ryan (maybe?), etc. Lamar would be avail but they'd have to write a contract the Ravens wouldn't match AND give up 2 1st rounders. Lamar already declined 133 over 3 years fully guaranteed. Jets can't beat that with the cap issues they'd have.

Reality is - AR may be an all time great but he's not good enough to carry the team. Spare me the "he didn't have weapons" bit - last 3 years he had Adams, MVS, Lazard - all of whom were snatched up for big dollars or traded for (at Adam's request due to Aaron's instability on playing year to year)

Lesser QB's are winning SB with, sometimes lesser teams - time for AR to see what's "over there" - time for GB to rebuild and start fresh.

Me

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Pack wasn’t going anywhere hanging on to Rodgers. They had some great and successful years with him but last few years he has floundered. It would be nice to see the Packers return to their champion status like they were in the years after my Aunt in Eau Claire stopped dating Fuzzy Thurston. GO PACK & GO DAWGS.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Let us not forget some of his magic

Last edited by Irving_D; 03/15/23.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have a couple of AR’s. Both Rock Rivers. Accurate damn rifles!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lazard is the bigger loss.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Lazard is the bigger loss.

He's a phenomenal blocker at his position and would have allowed Watson to do a ton on sweeps and the like.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The time to get rid of Rogers was last year immediately following his MVP year. It would have been nice to get something for him while still being able to keep Adams.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Pack wasn’t going anywhere hanging on to Rodgers. They had some great and successful years with him but last few years he has floundered. It would be nice to see the Packers return to their champion status like they were in the years after my Aunt in Eau Claire stopped dating Fuzzy Thurston. GO PACK & GO DAWGS.

My next door neighbor where I grew up was Gordy Eggleston, his daughter Susan married Fuzzy Thurston in 1957. Neat that your aunt dated him, must have been some time ago.

Gordy was our high school football coach, he caught me shooting a squirrel in his back yard, tried to act a little pissed of but kind of smiled, don't think gave a shidt.

Just watched Rodger's on the The Pat McAfee Show, he said the wish list of players that was reported he asked for was bullshidt. Lot's of "reporters" put things out there that are not true. They hated him because he didn't take the vax.

As a Packer fan, I wish him well, and appreciate the years of great plays and comebacks he made. But football moves on and maybe the new kid will do ok. He looked pretty good in the Eagle game.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.