Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Just wondering if any of yall saw that? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I know we talk/argue over dogs in here alot, so figured this would get some action. Personally, I think there is ZERO EXCUSE for a "well trained" professional working dog to have done that without being given the command for that.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, having been there and seen it live...I'm not surprised it happened. IMO, the dogs were too close to the playing surface, and the only reason this hasn't happend before is because this was a HIGHLY increased presense of dogs for this Iron Bowl. Fearful the mullet nation might overreact incase they won you know. When I watched the replay, what I came away thinking is that if the officer/handler and dog were properly trained, paying attention, and intimately familiar with his dog and its likely reaction...it could have been avoided. Even as it happened and the player moved closer, the officer seemed to be oblivious to the fact that the player was approaching within the dogs "comfort zone". And even when the dog snapped the officer took too long to react, and when he did, did almost nothing. Two problems I see...these dogs, high strung and trained as they are, don't know a football game is going on. There is usually one positioned right below me at most games, on the playing field but well away from any potential action spilling over out of bounds, these dogs, Belgian Malinois, are constantly fighting at the leash, and barking during the game because of all the stimuli...this occurred right under the goal post. It was negligence on the part of the officer, his department, and yes, even the university IMO. I'm glad that it appeared the injury was slight. I feel sure the young man will be tended to well.

Last edited by .280Rem; 11/26/07.

War Damn Eagle!

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Totally agree with the lack of attention on the officers part & that they dogs appeared too close to the playing field. Dogs must not like Auburn's players. I remember seeing a clip of UGA lunging at one in the back of the endzone a few years back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreenHead
Totally agree with the lack of attention on the officers part & that they dogs appeared too close to the playing field. Dogs must not like Auburn's players. I remember seeing a clip of UGA lunging at one in the back of the endzone a few years back.

Well, that was Uga...Robert Baker should have known to keep his distance from him being an Auburn player.

War Damn Eagle!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
...As an Atlanta based DAWG fan I'd say ,UGA did right, UGA always does right. The police dog on the other hand, was not properly controled by his handler. The bite should result in the same sort of liability as a private dog owner would be confronted with in such a case.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
What was worse is that the player quoted the police officer as saying, "What are you doing messing with my dog?" Unbelievable!

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Totally agree with you on the liability. My wife & I were watching the game & both immediately said the same thing out loud. We have a Doberman & wondered if the "cop" would be treated the same way as we would if our dog did the same thing.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 1minute, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 14,729 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,333
Posts18,546,185
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.