Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I picked up a couple of long box calls. I never have used one.

For spring hunting are they a good addition to carry with my short box calls?

Chris

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A GREAT addition to your short box(es) !!!

I hunt very light. So, a lotta days, a long box is the only box I carry. They're a little more trouble to carry (unless you have a great holster like the one you have !!) but you can pull more different turkey voices out of a good long box than you can out of a good short box.

I will GUARANTEE you, that Ernie Fetters call is ALL turkey !!!!

Is the other one a Lonnie Mabry ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Yoder409
I hunt very light. So, a lotta days, a long box is the only box I carry. They're a little more trouble to carry (unless you have a great holster like the one you have !!) but you can pull more different turkey voices out of a good long box than you can out of a good short box.

Yep, long boxes are easy to tote around in those holsters.

Rare I carry a short box anymore (unless its a Watkins misfit) as the long box can do so much more from super quiet to commanding attention long distance.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself. It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409

"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

I wondered if you would recognize that holster. I works great. It came with the Ernie Fetters call. That call amazes me every time I pick it up.

The other call is a Lonnie Mabry call. It is also sounds outstanding. My wife and I stopped and saw him on a trip down south. She enjoyed visiting with his wife while I enjoyed listening to his turkey hunting in the mountains experiences. As a bonus I got to bring a few calls back to Iowa.

Chris

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hawkeye58

I wondered if you would recognize that holster. I works great. It came with the Ernie Fetters call. That call amazes me every time I pick it up.

The other call is a Lonnie Mabry call. It is also sounds outstanding. My wife and I stopped and saw him on a trip down south. She enjoyed visiting with his wife while I enjoyed listening to his turkey hunting in the mountains experiences. As a bonus I got to bring a few calls back to Iowa.

Chris

Yeah............. I think I saw that holster once before. grin

I was hoping to get to swing by and visit with Lonnie back in January. But it didn't quite work out that way. Maybe next year.........

GREAT callers you have there !!!!!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, whoever made that holster makes damned fine holsters!

Last edited by 10Glocks; 03/19/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 160user, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 15 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,113
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.