Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Didn't read the whole thread but have to ask, did you all discover this through DNA websites?

Familysearch.org. Run by the LDS church.

Me too. Did you find the bullshit line? grin

I'm slow. Not getting it.

Carpe' Scrotum

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I went back to me Great Grand Dad, about as far as I went.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mine goes all the way back to some guy named Adam.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Didn't read the whole thread but have to ask, did you all discover this through DNA websites?

Familysearch.org. Run by the LDS church.

Me too. Did you find the bullshit line? grin

I'm slow. Not getting it.

Go to your tree, pick a line and see how far it goes back, once you hit a dead end go back and pick a different ancestral line. Keep doing this and see how far back you can take it, you may find an entry for Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalen, and three children. There will be a note

"!" Children Mismatch: This person has children but has a fact listed as "No Children."

Aka, the bullshit line. grin

Do I need to post a screen shot?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
1st American Born 3x great Gramps I could trace.
Revolutionary War soldier Contenental Army rgt from NH.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One Morrison great Gramps goes back to born in 1516 in England
Morrison side boogied to new Brunswick during the revolutionary War.
Came back to Maine in the 1820,s
But they played in the Civil War and ones after all the way thru Vietnam.
DGAF about other maternal or paternal branches names to tell the truth.
Fathers mom led me one direction per her maiden name.
Gramp Morrison my mothers dad led another.

Find a grave website or something like that.
Pretty confusing stuff when ya start tracing moms and dads and keep repeating generations back.
Then add in brothers and sisters of traced back grand parents and start tracing them.

Holy fuuk.....

Everybody is like 8th or 9th cousins per timelines
Sometimes even 3rd or 4th cousins as you get closer to your era.

And then you are like fuuuk...
I'm like distantly related to that or those dipschits...

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😳🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

BGG is right.
Some people take this waaaay to seriously and think it gives em cred in waays.

Almost like living vicariously thru schit someone did or was 100,s of yrs ago.

I'm a fuuuking American going back a long ways.
Like many of us are.

Their is a reason our ancestors left eurotrashland.

It suuuuked back then.
And it still suuucks today...

Last edited by renegade50; 03/18/23.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The thing about Family Search is that anyone can build their tree and it then interconnects with the trees that others have provided. Lots of chances for conflicting data, you need to use your judgement on deciding what’s what.
That said, it is by far the best online genealogical resource available and it’s free for anyone to use.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The thing about Family Search is that anyone can build their tree and it then interconnects with the trees that others have provided. Lots of chances for conflicting data, you need to use your judgement on deciding what’s what.
That said, it is by far the best online genealogical resource available and it’s free for anyone to use.

Family Search is great but not infallible.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There’s always a lot of bulllllsheeitt in threads like these

Like you really think you know

Toss out some flowery jive about some knights and saints and some caveman chit. Hey why not it’s the innanet.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
My mom's side is documented back to leaving England and landing in Connecticut coast in 1649 then moving to Dallas PA in 1700 where they still are found. A few years back my brother came across a copy of all descendants from 1649 to 1960's .

My Dad's side is a little fuzzy but seems to date the same time frame, great,great,.....uncle was first permanent white settler at Harvey's Lake PA by that time family had been in PA for many decades but do not know the date when or where they landed here from England..

Ted
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Pocahontas died at 21, quite the notoriety for such a short life.

Kent

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My parents learned English in grade school.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
About six generations back to the oldest know relatives by name. I haven’t personally researched any of it but based on what my parents know.

The farthest back that I’m aware of is a French Jesuit missionary that came to Michigan in 1800’s on my moms dads side and some Swedish immigrants from later on in the 1800’s on my dads side.

I’m about 45% German with a little French 40% Irish and English 12% Scandinavian 2% Neanderthal.. but IDK nobody’s owned up to banging a caveman.. and 1% random European according to a DNA text. I don’t put a whole lot of stock in the DNA text other than as a rough estimate but it basically meshes with what I know of our background.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 03/18/23.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
C
My family goes back to a hut in Slovakia less than 300 years ago.

My wife's line goes back past Charlemagne.

While that may sound cool, what many people don't realize is that anything older than 1400 or so (sometimes even more recent) is highly questionable - people back then attained rank in society by claiming royalty in their bloodline, so faking genealogy records was a well-paying industry. You paid your money and presto, you were related to royalty, piggybacking onto their family history and that generally goes WAY back.

Someone else mentioned familysearch.org. There are two cool things about that site: first, it's free - second, if your line touches any of the 10's of thousands of already researched family lines, yours will hook on and you'll find dozens - or hundreds - of family members you never knew you had.

I took part in the annual Roots Tech genealogy conference a couple of weeks ago, and I found a list of more than 200 people who shared some part of my family tree that were attending the conference the same time I was.

If you're serious about your family history, familysearch.org and Roots Tech is the way to go.

Last edited by czech1022; 03/18/23.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can tell you that the my ancestor with my last name was born in Vorden, Netherlands in about 1604 and set sail for New Amsterdam on May 17, 1641, on the "Den Eyckenboom", and arrived in the New World August of 1641. He settled with his family in what is now Brooklyn. From there on it's well documented, this includes the Pennsylvania Dutch, and the Mormon pioneers.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Mcloud clan from Scotland

Connor? Is that you, laddie?

Ramirez

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bad news, boys, according to the Mormons part of my people came from the South.

So I guess that makes me a Reb.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger
So far, paternal grandmother to 1400s England, maternal grandparents to 1800s Slovakia and Poland. Poland was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire at that time so Austria is what shows up on most of the records.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by ingwe
Mid 1700's when three brothers were given the option by a Scottish court to either be imprisoned or go to the New World. Horse thieves...

Ah HA, I had a suspicion about you , but who am I to talk? Mine goes back about 150 yrs on both sides. My moms side were mostly Italian cops that settled in Utica NY.. My dads side were farmers that settled in central Wisconsin.. My dads side were not so good. Great grandpa was a drunk . He would get so drunk he could hardly get into the horse wagon. He was at the tavern so much the horses went home without him knowing it while all passed out in the wagon. He actually was a Hitler supporter and wanted to go back to Germany to fight the Americans. Likely was the booze doing the talking. He had 2 sons, one went to WW 11 and was a great man, the other son was a poacher and trouble. He was so bad they deputized him just to keep him on their side and was rough on the other poachers to null his competition.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/19/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hans of Denmark (king of Denmark, Sweden, Norway(?)) is a grandfather...16-18 gem. ago.

Anne Boleyn is my aunt 14 gen. ago.
Queen Elizabeth I is my first cousin 13 gen. ago.

The current King of England (Charles) is a third cousin. Was thinking I should give him a call..."Ha, cousin, buddy! I'm planning to come back to the homeland. Can you gift me an Earl or Dukedom, and find me a vacant 20,000 acre estate"...

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Only as far back to mid 1800s. Germany before that, but who know what if anything survived intact through numerous wars.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (1lessdog, 160user, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 2500HD, 67 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,835
Posts18,496,745
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.