Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ain’t read it all

But ai would repeat the labs

With nothing in your piehole or in your stomach.

Go do a 24 hour fast and then pull that lab, just get a pull-order on labs and pick a day and go do it.

24 hours may add some spurious data to the effect but would give you a chance to REALLY see what is swimming around in your blood.

I might even start 2 days before kind of chill out on any gravy, 28 ounce Ribeyes, 12 egg omelets and gawd what ever else. 😱

I’d be interested in your triglycerides if you have that data

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good on you tolerating the metformin.

I suspected as much.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I take Metformin.
Yeah things get runny sometimes.
Still better than being fat and miserable.

Proud NRA Life Member
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I was miserable my skin when I was 270 lbs.
I was diagnosed as diabetic at 8.5 A1c.

I just said no.

I've kept my A1c at 5.5 for 4 years now.

Weight at 193-200.

I get on the scale every morning and eat accordingly for that day.
193 is perfect for me.

My life changed so incredibly when I realized I had to do this.

I was never overweight when I was young, but somehow in my 50's it caught up to me.

I'm sorry if I sound preachy Sometimes, but my life was so radically transformed that if I can help just one person...

This is such good advice. It's the same for me. I can tell what my blood sugar levels are simply by my weight. Once you get down to the weight where your levels are perfect you need to just stay there. It's hard to put on extra weight if you are avoiding carbs in the manner which got you out of the danger zone in the first place.

Last edited by WarAdmiral; 03/19/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Read Jason Fung's book titled The Diabetic Code. He explains why insulin kills us slowly while papering over the disease. I have been doing Low Carb High Fat since Nov. 2021. My initial numbers were 11.4 A1C and 416 Glucose. Now I run around 6.0 A1C and before lunch today, my glucose was 112. No insulin or Metformin, ever. I credit my wife for her research, her work, and her support.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ain’t read it all

I’d be interested in your triglycerides if you have that data

For a year I have eaten almost no carbs, l eat protein and fat. My triglycerides were 121 at the start and now they are 58. VLDL dropped from 22 to 9. LDL remained flat over the year.

Also HDL (good cholesterol) is up from 37 to 57.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My sons FIL found out that he had diabetes recently, when he started having vision problems. An A1C that high can cause blindness. This is serious and needs immediate attention. You should see an endocrinologist asap. Time to pay attention to what’s going on. Good luck.

I have a friend about 60 yo, that hasn’t been paying attention, he’s lost several toes, and his feet could be next.

I got a wake up call a couple of years ago at the eye doctor’s. They found out my A1C and they told me it doesn’t happen often but 2 or 3 times a year someone comes in that’s already blind. Once it happens there’s no coming back.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APredator
After reading this thread, I watched some of Dr. Berry’s vids, and his thinking makes a lot of sense to me. I am not going totally carnivore right off, but am cutting the carbs and sugar(redundant, I know) out to start, limiting dairy severely, and reworking my exercise routine a bit. I am not sick, pretty healthy actually, but at 50, the aches and pains have been getting to where they rob me of sleep, and it is getting a bit harder to stay at my ideal weight. If losing the sugar and other carbs fixes or improves these things, dairy will go next, and I may end up at simple meat and very select vegetables before its over. I am more interested in staying healthy and feeling good than I am in eating any damn thing I please.

Food in this country has become for many something to satisfy cravings and please the mind, rather than something used to nourish the body first and foremost. I have been as guilty as anyone of this, and can start to see the toll it takes on a body. For me, that is unacceptable, so changes will be made.

OP, thanks for starting this one. With the wide experience and knowledge here, we have the ability to help one another with a lot of things, and that sure beats a lot of the inane conversation that seems to prevail this time of year.

You probably will lose many of your aches and pains very soon after going
low carb. Only took a couple days for me. Sugar is an inflammatory, young
folks with great joints don't notice, us older guys start to feel some effects
from years of abuse.

Proud to say mine are from work,
not some stupid ball chasing game.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JARDIANCE 10MG TAB

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.