Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Just a little Side Note ..

When Banks Fail the First Thing that gets Settled are their Derivative Accounts ..

Right now Other Banks are Assuming those Liabilities of the Failed Banks ..

The Derivative Market is 700 Trillion Worldwide if at some point other Institutions can’t assume the Liabilities of other Failed Banks guess what …

It’s 52 Card Pick Up ..

Then the Dark Ages …

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Uncle Sam has a history of confiscating it.

Precedent is established.
That's the problem with precious metals. Governments will outlaw private ownership to protect the fiat currency. If it were legal to demand gold or any other finite commodity in payment all fiat currencies would collapse.

Every fiat currency ever devised has eventually collapsed. Not sure why this time is different.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Mike Maloney related something told to him by Steve Forbes years ago: Currency is supposed to be like a claim check on a specified amount of something of value (traditionally gold or silver, i.e., real specie money). Short of that, it's a scam. It's like a restaurant coat check girl who thinks that if she prints up more claim checks for the customer's coats, more coats will appear in the coat closet.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ya, but's it pretty and feels good, just like a $13,000 shotgun or a $4000 custom rifle.
Something are just for enjoyment. !!!

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akrange
Just a little Side Note ..

When Banks Fail the First Thing that gets Settled are their Derivative Accounts ..

Right now Other Banks are Assuming those Liabilities of the Failed Banks ..

The Derivative Market is 700 Trillion Worldwide if at some point other Institutions can’t assume the Liabilities of other Failed Banks guess what …

It’s 52 Card Pick Up ..

Then the Dark Ages …
Print $, kick can, more inflation...repeat
Continue debasement until CBDC is ready for rollout.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by erikj
I think that's the strategy. CBDC spells nightmarish tyranny and oppression.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by erikj
I think that's the strategy. CBDC spells nightmarish tyranny and oppression.

I almost didn't watch the video. Glad I did. Best video update on the FedNow process I've seen. Subscribed

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Literally thousands of investments that pay off more than gold in the last 1 2 3 4 decades.

Everyone that has gold tells you how much it went up in the last xxx timeframe but none of them ever sell it so they don’t make anything. They will tell you they are waiting for the banking system to collapse and then they will be kings.

Investment squawkers are never not funny.

If PMs are a lesser , why are the central banks and China buying huge amounts?....

Rhetorical

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...s-central-banks-buy-everything-in-sight/

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffP
If PMs are a lesser , why are the central banks and China buying huge amounts?....

PMs are good to have in a portfolio, and they are an ok hedge against things like bank failures and market crashes.

No one really buys PMs purely because they expect them to appreciate they buy them as a hedge.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I remember when Obama became President and the economy was in the dumpster. Wasn’t initially his fault, but he spent the next 8 years flailing away with really stupid policies that kept the economy in the toilet. Like a guy who had never worked an honest day in his life. Spend money on BS like solar, funding dumb wars, bank bailouts, GM bailout and Fannie Mae bailout. Then he blamed everything on Bush. But 8 years later the economy still sucked. Obama tells us, “this is the new normal”. America is not great anymore.

Trump comes in and almost Immediately breathes fire into the economy. He lowers Federal regulations that squash investment, goes after China, Mexico and others for trade deals, lowers the corporate tax rate which brings companies and jobs back the the USA.

Biden gets elected - same as Obama the eco y drops to recession levels, inflation shoots up, bank bailouts, gas prices rise, but he’s blaming everything on Trump.

Also, Dems love bailing out Wall Street, but then pretend they represent people of color. It’s funny how Democrats can wreck the economy time and again and few years later they get voted back into office to wreck it all over again. American Voters are some ignorant, gullible people.

Last edited by 250_3000; 03/21/23.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”
-Benjamin Franklin
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 250_3000
I remember when Obama became President and the economy was in the dumpster. Wasn’t initially his fault, but he spent the next 8 years flailing away with really stupid policies that kept the economy in the toilet. Like a guy who had never worked an honest day in his life. Spend money on BS like solar, funding dumb wars, bank bailouts, GM bailout and Fannie Mae bailout. Then he blamed everything on Bush. But 8 years later the economy still sucked. Obama tells us, “this is the new normal”. America is not great anymore.

Trump comes in and almost Immediately breathes fire into the economy. He lowers Federal regulations that squash investment, goes after China, Mexico and others for trade deals, lowers the corporate tax rate which brings companies and jobs back the the USA.

Biden gets elected - same as Obama the eco y drops to recession levels, inflation shoots up, bank bailouts, gas prices rise, but he’s blaming everything on Trump.

Also, Dems love bailing out Wall Street, but then pretend they represent people of color. It’s funny how Democrats can wreck the economy time and again and few years later they get voted back into office to wreck it all over again. American Voters are some ignorant, gullible people.
Biden wasn't elected into the presidency. The election was stolen right in front of our faces, with little effort to hide what was being done, followed by massive gaslighting by the MSM.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 250_3000

Biden wasn't elected into the presidency. The election was stolen right in front of our faces, with little effort to hide what was being done, followed by massive gaslighting by the MSM.

You are correct...and may I add Biden was installed....by the communist.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the "fit hits the shan", it's going to be dog eat dog.
I'm not looking to amass a fortune, I just want enough to be able to have a little AU/AG lying around for barter.
At my age, what little we've acquired will probably go to our kids to be wasted! LOL!

Everybody's gotta be somewhere!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Where do you have your money TRH and how has it done for you over the past 20 years? I am talking percent growth.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Exactly how does one buy gold?
How do you get it when you need it in hand?

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sdbullion.com

Bb

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you have your money TRH and how has it done for you over the past 20 years? I am talking percent growth.
Oh, I've done terribly. Abysmally. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

My 100 year calculation based on this morning's spot price

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nessmuk
Exactly how does one buy gold?
How do you get it when you need it in hand?

providentmetals
jmbullion
apmex
There are several more.
Larger towns have coin shops.
In my case, I have an acquaintance who deals in coins. He's a numismatist.
I call him and tell him what I want.
He calls me and tells me it's here.
I take cash to him and leave with metal in my hand.
When I order from him, he locks in the current price. If the price goes up, I'm locked in. If the market drops, he will honor the lower price.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Damnation just jump in and buy ya bout ten pounds!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,987
Posts18,499,869
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.